New Release by SzcZ: Cracklefield

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cracklefield Kontakt Nova3

Good news, thanks Marcin.
Is Sound Dust Theme switchable with regular updated UI? I'm not familiar with that one.
Wondering if I should download both rars.

The two updates are only different by UI background theme and are switchable. The update is just UI controller related (if you don't count the small map edit thing), it removes some quirky controllers and put normal buttons in place. There are no bug fixes, so if it works for you, there's really no need to bother updating.

thanks

installed sound dust theme - I like it

Hey Woggle. In case you wonder, cell map edit sliders you requested are hidden by default, hit 'tweaks' button to have them displayed permanently.

Zombie Queen wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 am Hey Woggle. In case you wonder, cell map edit sliders you requested are hidden by default, hit 'tweaks' button to have them displayed permanently.
thanks - excellent as usual!

How do you toggle between themes if filenames are same?
Rename?

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am How do you toggle between themes if filenames are same?
Rename?
I just installed the sound dust one thinking if I didn't like it I would install the standard over the top. But I like the sound dust one so will stick with that

thanks, I'll try both

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am How do you toggle between themes if filenames are same?
You don't. There was alternate Sound Dust version with different UI, which is why I provide two update versions. BTW, I thought you switched the background off entirely, in which case you won't see any difference anyway.

Thanks, no I don't switch background of plugin off. I made the bg a different color, though.
I usually have images off in chrome.

How do I get emails about updates?
I bought this from sound dust I believe but have never know about updates?

Simmo, the fact is, I don't have a mailing list. Since I'm not a company and do not run a store, I don't even have the e-mails. I had arranged sending update notification about previous update which had some new features to Sound-Dust customers. That was on February. Did you get it? Reply was set to my address, and judging from mail-bot response most of it went straight to junk/spam folder, which was a bit discouraging. Personally I feel that aggressive mailing lists pretty much killed it as a way of communication.
I think current update is not something worth actively bothering existing customers, there are no bug fixes and no new features, just a slight UI cleanup. Anything worth mentioning I post on blog here: http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/ which one can subscribe to, I believe. And on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/szcz.audio.adventures/

Zombie Queen wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 pm Simmo, the fact is, I don't have a mailing list. Since I'm not a company and do not run a store, I don't even have the e-mails. I had arranged sending update notification about previous update which had some new features to Sound-Dust customers. That was on February. Did you get it? Reply was set to my address, and judging from mail-bot response most of it went straight to junk/spam folder, which was a bit discouraging. Personally I feel that aggressive mailing lists pretty much killed it as a way of communication.
I think current update is not something worth actively bothering existing customers, there are no bug fixes and no new features, just a slight UI cleanup. Anything worth mentioning I post on blog here: http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/ which one can subscribe to, I believe. And on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/szcz.audio.adventures/
Many thanks for posting this info, I bet the email went to my spam folder. But I’ll sign up to your blog.
Cheers!

If you're only interested in Cracklefield, you could just watch this thread. I want to make another feature update, automated and/or sequenced progression - make note maps auto switch between following chords, within programmed scale. It could introduce some tonal order and make it sound much less random out of the box. However, I have another instrument scheduled to finish, so likely this won't happen this year. If it goes through, I will post here as well.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”