One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

I only detect any bit crush effect between parameters .25-.34 in the readout... limited but i guess it does SOMETHING.

Yeah, I think it depends a lot on what wave shape you are trying to "crush". It seems to just somewhat smear things, which can be
useful. It also seems to play nice with the ring mod, but everything needs to be just right, or in my case, just wrong.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

I don't see any mention of this, but I've used the latest installer and NoiseMaker is still showing as the same version 4.2.2 I've had for years when the website says it's up to 4.3.1. It is just that the skin was not updated to reflect this?

foxAsteria wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 am I don't see any mention of this, but I've used the latest installer and NoiseMaker is still showing as the same version 4.2.2 I've had for years when the website says it's up to 4.3.1. It is just that the skin was not updated to reflect this?
I noticed that, too. It looked to me like the update was only for Mac.

--- deleted ---
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't quite get an Ahh choir, Peter...ends up an Ahh-cordian. I did come up with a nice 80's keys patch in the process. Maybe someone can make use of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Peter, maybe you can tweak this to work. Layering might help get some rasp to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synth choirs usually profit from a thick chorus effect. Since they are against the rules, try layering two or three copies of the sound each with a slight delay, pitch lfo and detuning. Use a bandpass on the basic sounds and adjust them to bring out the right formants in the octave you're playing in.

P.S. Actually, since Noisemaker has a builtin chorus, you're free to use it. Still, layering several instances helps targeting the different formants.

Update: I had a go at creating a choir myself. I used three instances of Noisemaker, two with variations of the same Choir sound and the third the choir sound posted by @TheNeverScene above.

In the sound example you can year one instance being added each four bars and in the fourth loop iteration I enabled two 1ms Delays (50/50 Wet-Dry) after the first two instances (you can hear some clicks there). Lastly, I added some reverb.

https://chrisarndt.de/music/homerecordi ... 0Choir.ogg

What pro plugins are people using? Or is everyone pretty much abstaining from that angle?

@Strogon14: Very cool! You did a great job at layering in the airy rasp needed for some ahh's. Mine was very falsetto sounding.

@Functionform: I used a few. I posted my track a page or two back with a list. The list looks bigger than it really is numbers wise.

Okay, here's my track this month - there's something out there - ghostly? empty? dangerous? - silently passing by.

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/silent-spacecraft

Elek7ro's (3), Noisemakers (27), all from scratch
DAW: Presonus Studio One Professional 4.1.0 (Win x64)

Master chain: Mixtool -> BootEQmkII -> ProEQ -> Newfangled EQuivocate -> DD Reverb -> BootEQmkII -> PSP Xenon -> MSW1

Other efx: Scheps Omni Channel (5), Eventide SP2016 Reverb: (6), ProEQ (8), GEM EQ550 (2)

Thanks to doctorbob for pointing out a few improvements - spot on, doc. You should definitely listen to the doctor's advice!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Impressive. :clap:

--- deleted ---
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet another mind warper from you, Peter. Is the Oh a fragment of a famous joyful Ode? :D

I imagine you'd be fun to party with :hihi: :party:

Hi! Glad to be back in the challenge.
My submission this month:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-sinitsin/ ... ete-forest

DAW Ableton Live 10

TAL Noisemaker x1
TAL Elek7ro x17

Ableton effects:
Simple Delay x4
Echo x5
Autopan x1