Akai MidiMix setup for Tracktion Waveform 9.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you winning with this?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

chico.co.uk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:52 am Are you winning with this?
Yes, thanks for asking. Being new to DAWs, I am trying to sort out a strategy where I can control as much as possible from the MidiMix. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make a decision yet as to whether to set up the MidiMix on a "by project basis" or by creating a new default Waveform 9 template in connection with "create new control surface". Using the "create new control surface" form of Midi Learn / Assign has some advantages as you pointed out, but while I can setup (by trail and error) to find which automation is "room size" (that I can use for adjusting reverb) on one row of knobs (eight tracks) and the same for "length" (delay), it doesn't appear that manual adjustments can be made to get peaks and lows that could randomize the process slightly.

I love the effects that I can get out of the free VST plugins Fracture and Hysteresis, but they have so many variables that I would need to set up all of the MidiMix knobs for one VST plugin to get all of the variables. An alternative would be to try to setup one knob to switch between the various presets, but I don't know if that can be done in Waveform 9. Sooo... I feel like I have painted myself into a corner and don't really have a way to get out :(

What happens if you map some of the knobs, in the control surfaces bit, to Plugin / Automatable Parameters / Parameter #1 (and so on)?

If you do that, do those knobs then control stuff in the plugin that's got focus? If so, that might be your way of doing it
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”