SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Hi,
This might be a niche question, but Will the stability of ST4 be tested and proven with GigPerformer 2?

I wanted to use ST3 as my main live Rompler with GP, but it crashes. It works after a fashion when run under JBridge, in so far as it doesn’t crash GP, but sometimes stops responding until the rack space is changed.

If I knew ST4 worked under GP I’d upgrade in a heartbeat.

Thanks,
Roger

Does the „max“ edition come with any Syntronik or Miroslav content? (probably a stupid question, but I‘m a sample tank newbie...)

cleverr1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 am Hi,
This might be a niche question, but Will the stability of ST4 be tested and proven with GigPerformer 2?

I wanted to use ST3 as my main live Rompler with GP, but it crashes. It works after a fashion when run under JBridge, in so far as it doesn’t crash GP, but sometimes stops responding until the rack space is changed.

If I knew ST4 worked under GP I’d upgrade in a heartbeat.

Thanks,
Roger
I'm not sure, but I can see if the team will have a copy to test on. Did you contact IK Support about SampleTank 3 in GP2?

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:25 am Does the „max“ edition come with any Syntronik or Miroslav content? (probably a stupid question, but I‘m a sample tank newbie...)
SampleTank MAX does not include Syntronik nor Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

Hey, Peter...

love IKM, your company has strengths in the industry for sure,

despite what forum posters might go on about...

But hey, is this gonna compete with, say...Halion, or is it more like a new interface that will host sample libraries? How about synthesis?

Grizzellda wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 am Hey, Peter...

love IKM, your company has strengths in the industry for sure,

despite what forum posters might go on about...

But hey, is this gonna compete with, say...Halion, or is it more like a new interface that will host sample libraries? How about synthesis?
Thank you! While there is no direct [virtual analog] synthesis [at its core], I feel that the new powerful editing and modulation matrix are going to be very useful for great sound design using SampleTank 4.

As far as competing with others, yes we do feel this is a step forward in SampleTank history and thanks to its new engine, incredible things can be done now that can surpass the typical approach with samples & synthesis. Also, thanks to being a truly new build, SampleTank 4 is a fresh new framework and there is room (purposefully crafted, of course) for the ecosystem to expand in the future.

Edit (and in brackets above] to clarify - not to be too confusing, while SampleTank is obviously not a synthesizer itself we do have things like our STRETCH (formant-preserving) and PSTS (Pitch-shift/Time-stretch) engine, the new filters, modulation matrix (as mentioned), effect matrix, and more.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, prolly hafta take a solid look at it down the line! :hihi:

And that is because ...well...new products are cool, and that's just the way it is! 8)

Thanx, Peter! :)

I am not much of a complainer, but I have had a few beers and just feel like goin' for it here... :D

could you please...

alright, pretty please, just tell the team there, the developers, so to speak...

that SampleTank will never be in the category of the big boys,
until there is real deep sound manipulation stuff...

Because, now I'm thinkin'...library player. Got it, Peter?

If you have Sampletank 3 Max is there any reason to upgrade to Sampletank 4 Max vs just Sampletank 4?
-Matt

@Peter, I can't find an explanation of how the disk streaming is controlled or what features it has. Can we get more info on that part please? What I really want is to load a patch with no samples in memory, and only load what is played on demand. Similar to load Purged in Kontakt and Load Empty in VSL.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

msorrels wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:37 am If you have Sampletank 3 Max is there any reason to upgrade to Sampletank 4 Max vs just Sampletank 4?
A massive amount of new carefully and painstakingly sampled content that sounds amazing. We'll have more details on the process in some great studios (including our own new studio seen in the photo below). There are also sound demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... hp?p=media

The IK studio in Modena, Italy:

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:47 am @Peter, I can't find an explanation of how the disk streaming is controlled or what features it has. Can we get more info on that part please? What I really want is to load a patch with no samples in memory, and only load what is played on demand. Similar to load Purged in Kontakt and Load Empty in VSL.
I'll do my best to get you some detailed info direct from the devs.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:47 am @Peter, I can't find an explanation of how the disk streaming is controlled or what features it has. Can we get more info on that part please? What I really want is to load a patch with no samples in memory, and only load what is played on demand. Similar to load Purged in Kontakt and Load Empty in VSL.
I'll do my best to get you some detailed info direct from the devs.
Thanks, I already pre-orderd by the way. I figure $100 is pretty much a no brainer. As a sketch pad ST3 is great. But I'd like to get some of the libraries involved in larger projects. It's currently a difficult with the memory footprint, brutal load time at large project startup and instant CPU hit even if I am using a minimal set of something.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Silaris wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:39 pm I am so glad the browser system has been updated in SampleTank 4. Overall, I am definitely planning to purchase while the pre-order discount is available.

However, I do find it rather odd that a specific discount is not provided for prior SampleTank owners. The available discount is applicable to all IK Multimedia customers who have purchase $99 or more worth of products.

Due to the overlap of functionality and incremental benefit from upgrading, prior SampleTank owners are actually getting the worst deal under the present discount model.
Curious too. Wish IK took care of long term customers more...

A quick question...will this be a part of Total Studio Max? If so, when. I was considering upgrading to that, but am glad I waited with this news. Any details about an ALL IN ONE is appreciated if you foresee it.

My problem is that I own SOOO much of IK products but because it is not bundled, I only qualify for crossgrade (product valued at $99 or higher, when I have everything but MODO bass, some sound and amp modules and some T-Racks modules).

Return to “Instruments”