SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I have to agree, although I upgraded to ST3 as I had all the old libatries and got a good deal I never ended up using it at all. All I want the new scalable interface but don't want any new sounds or fx (I have all I need). Only a really cheap upgraded on he engine only (no sounds) would be of interest to me just so I can use what I have on a 4K monitor. There is no cheap 'SE' deal being offered yet I notice in my user account, so there is still hope for a sub 50 dollar update point.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 am This policy is common amongs most software companies.... maybe companies in general (we used to have an advert about it in the UK, all the great deals for ‘brand new customers only’)
People who own older, smaller bundles, cheaper products etc always seem to get better value when upgrading to new products/bigger bundles. NI are famous for this, but Arturia the same (upgrade to V6 price the same from V5 as it is 2) and don’t even get me started in iZotope!

To be fair, IK like e dry one else just want a simple price structure (especially if you sell through distributors) and it would be a nightmare to manage dozens of different upgrade prices (and people would still complain anyway!)

We all know, if you realy want a lower price, bottle you GAS and just wait...
Who's asking for 'dozens' of upgrade prices? I only asked for at least 2 tiers - $99 & maybe $200 & above? For more loyal & supporting customers!

All I am asking is, if I am supporting a company - buying their many products - spending much cash, then I would like to be treated with a little bit more discount than a person who just bought 1 product just to qualify...

Peter can you guys please make preorder available on Audiodeluxe and Jrr ?

Hmm, I did not see this yesterday:
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 3, AAX.
No VST2 edition is listed. That must be a mistake, surely?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Perhaps Peter could persuade his colleagues to publish a full list of instruments (yep all 8.000 of them!) and their articulations in the different versions. And, make the User Manual available before the software release - both of which would save a lot of questions.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:35 pm Hmm, I did not see this yesterday:
past experiences would indicate that this is not a mistake - probably VST3 is the only version that will be supported.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

kaner wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:23 pm Peter can you guys please make preorder available on Audiodeluxe and Jrr ?
I'll check if any dealers are able to offer the pre-order. Thanks!

DarkStar wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 pm Perhaps Peter could persuade his colleagues to publish a full list of instruments (yep all 8.000 of them!) and their articulations in the different versions. And, make the User Manual available before the software release - both of which would save a lot of questions.
Yes that is something I and others are inquiring about already, I'll share news as I have it but definitely making these requests as strongly as possible.

VST 2 support from Steinberg ended in October so I suspect this will be common soon, most (all?) DAWS support VST 3 now so should be ab issue?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:53 pm
VST 2 support from Steinberg ended in October so I suspect this will be common soon, most (all?) DAWS support VST 3 now so should be ab issue?
Ableton Live doesnt, which is quite a considerable audience to bypass.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Then what about having SampleTank 4 Custom Shop in the future? Surely someone could just buy what's only needed a la carte? I think it's too early to say this, while I know Peter will try to get the full list of instruments in each version, I felt having a buy-what-you-need model would be good.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm The SE version is not limited, no.
But there is no upgrade price for the SE edition, which is disappointing. 99+VAT is out of my spending limit this month, even with Jam point discount, which just about covers the VAT.

I think I have decided I would like the ST 4 engine, so I can use the ST3 content, which I stopped using since never got on with the ST3 patch search functionality.

Are there going to be preorders for ST4 on 3rd party sites?

For someone who owns pretty much owns every IK release from the beginning, the SampleTank upgrade prices are insulting. Pissed off and Pass/no bid.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:15 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:53 pm
Ableton Live doesnt, which is quite a considerable audience to bypass.
Wow, that amazes me, its seems very short sited of Ableton given this was the end of a 5 year transition!. VST3 really does offer advantages so I can see no reason for Live not to adopt it...anyway, don't want to de-rail the thread, but I didn't know that as I am on Bitwig/Studio One and Cubase!

AdInfinitum wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:20 pm For someone who owns pretty much owns every IK release from the beginning, the SampleTank upgrade prices are insulting. Pissed off and Pass/no bid.
This is where having a double tier upgrade price would make sense. For those who have purchased ST old versions, Syntronic, and bunch of TRacks, Ampkitube and add-ons, the one price upgrade still stings. It just seems like it would benefit them and that is the most strange reason as to why it has never changed and is rarely commented on.

Sure they would be selling to a few of us for cheaper, but they would sell a lot to customers who have supported them for years. Quite a few of which are seemingly done with IK now. Same after ST3 pricing and others.

Return to “Instruments”