What is it about Sylenth1 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm Isn’t this off-topic now...
if you cant compare cold0lay to the nazis, the terrorists have already won :(

"isn't this off-topic now..."

:lol: like it wasn't 20 pgs ago

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:23 pmJust wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.
Nazi comparisons are rather apt when talking about the United States

So what it's all about? Someone just established the connection between Lennar Digital, Hitler, Trump and popular music?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Examigan wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm Isn’t this off-topic now...
Sure... it's the only way to keep a thread about a boring outdated synth alive :hihi:

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm "nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all."

I've explained the point of it, which shouldn't need explaining except you don't want the reminder of it so you impugn my integrity following that apparently it's an affront to you. If DJT was approved of by "most people" I would use that.
It's the one thing I can come up with off the top of my head which fits both "most people like(d)" and "not at all good".
There is no music more than 50% of people like I can think of.
The big difference is that politics has serious consequences for society, while music is just a matter of taste, most of it has zero impact on society.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 pm]

Sure, every genre has its fans. Still, play his music to 100 random people in the pedestrian zone and you will find that maybe 5% like it, probably even less than that.
not really important.
which, if you felt the need to make music, as an actual driving force in your life, then you might understand.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:23 pmJust wondered where the need is to come with nazi comparisons. I don't see a need at all.
Nazi comparisons are rather apt when talking about the United States
Dunno man, i think you really seem to see things a bit too extreme.

Anyway, back to topic. Sylenth1. What a nazi synth. :D

For_the_record: I wasn't comparing. I gave an example to illustrate the fallacy known as argumentum ad populum which arrived in the form of 'Most people are middle-of-the-road hence there is nothing negative about it'.

There are examples in music I think are somewhat illustrative but I can't make those things fit 'most people are'. Most people, in the strict sense, are probably not buying a middle-of-the-road record at any given time anyway.

I wouldn't have thought <Hitler is bad> would arouse controversy. But maybe I'm daft to have done. I think if one wants to get into it, there's HPC.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recursive one wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm So what it's all about? Someone just established the connection between Lennar Digital, Hitler, Trump and popular music?
Clearly yes: Sylenth1.

The bigger problem is FLS makes assumptions based on his own personal opinion. If he feels a certain way it must be true for everybody.

These are the kind of people that make me wish God would just blow up this world and start over.

If a synth isn't endorsed by The Fuhrer then I'll have nothing to do with it.
A well-behaved signature.

* checks in, head explodes with confusion, checks out *
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

jancivil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:40 pm For_the_record: I wasn't comparing. I gave an example to illustrate the fallacy known as argumentum ad populum which arrived in the form of 'Most people are middle-of-the-road hence there is nothing negative about it'.

There are examples in music I think are somewhat illustrative but I can't make those things fit 'most people are'. Most people, in the strict sense, are probably not buying a middle-of-the-road record at any given time anyway.

I wouldn't have thought <Hitler is bad> would arouse controversy. But maybe I'm daft to have done. I think if one wants to get into it, there's HPC.
Well, maybe you can understand that it gets sort of annoying, when you're getting reminded off something not even your grandparents had anything to do with, for your whole life. So much for the "most people" as well. Not every German was a nazi, if you can believe that.

Let's put it like this: It was a unfortunate comparison, while there's thousands of comparisons you could have chosen, but those weren't stark enough for you, so you chose this one. To make your point stronger, and also to offend fls. Or at least to make clear that you're annoyed of his arguments.

vurt wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 pm]

Sure, every genre has its fans. Still, play his music to 100 random people in the pedestrian zone and you will find that maybe 5% like it, probably even less than that.
not really important.
which, if you felt the need to make music, as an actual driving force in your life, then you might understand.
There is nothing to any music unless there is an audience for it. Even classical musicians such as Mozart were hired by courts and had to appeal to their audience.

Return to “Instruments”