SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Well, this will be popcorn-munchy for a while.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

As stated previously, if there were an additional tier it would be higher. That is the lowest we'd go for pre-order upgrade pricing and the lowest it will be for a long time. I apologize that it doesn't seem fair to some that others can get the same lowest price deal they can, but that is the lowest price now and for will be for a while.

Edit - as for popcorn munching, pricing has been clarified multiple times so from here on in that is likely just to be amongst yourselves as I believe what I say above is the official explanation. If some feel that someone else getting the same lowest-priced deal that they feel they are more entitled to is unfair, the pricing is set as it is and isn't going to change so please make your decision based on that.

Unless of course no one pre-orders....then they may re-think.
I have ST 3, Synthtronic, Amplitube etc etc... even an UNO! But I am not remotely tempted to pre-order!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah, I've got a lot of their stuff, too, and I am not remotely tempted. It isn't just the pricing. It's space on my HDD, the fact that little of it will be used, and I'm just not really impressed with the quality.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I see the Trailer and Overview Part 1 videos posted but I did not see the Overview Part 2 (forgive me if I missed it) for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBcYXjA-JU

i decided to pass on it for now. i want to get the MAX as neither HDD space nor bandwidth are an issue for me, but even with jam points (which are near-worthless because of VAT) the price is too steep. i'll get it on one of the eventual sales. this is coming from someone who owns the entire SampleTank 2.x range (and even some Squids libraries!), and ST3 full version.

@Peter i agree with the others - the price should be different depending on how much stuff people own, or at least should be different on cross-grade (owning other IK stuff) vs. upgrade (owning SampleTank 3 full).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I think Peter has made it clear that their pricing decision is final. What this means for me is a complete hold off till Total Max 3 hits which would include the ST4 upgrade, and I do one big upgrade so I don't feel so bad spending the money. And even then I would wait for a sale.

It honestly has to be a no brainer for me to do anything different...I own some of the finest Kontakt instruments available on this planet...more money spent than I care to admit...I could buy a cheap house or an expensive car, ha. Having a product like this as a bonus for optional sounds is great, but I also want to get the bang for my money, and the current method does not work for me as I own Ampeg SVX , Amplitube 4, Amplitube Fender, Amplitube Orange, Amplitube Slash, misc other modules, CSR Full, Miroslav, Miroslav 2, Sample Tank 2XL, Sample Tank 3, Sonik Synth, Syntronik, T-Racks 4/CS Full, misc modules, Elektronika Chillout, Elektronika Minimal, Elektronika Trance, Nanotube, and NRG, and see no clear or reasonable upgrade option to Total Max 2...and now with this being a separate thing...no. Definitely a big no.

Burillo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:15 pm i decided to pass on it for now. i want to get the MAX as neither HDD space nor bandwidth are an issue for me, but even with jam points (which are near-worthless because of VAT) the price is too steep. i'll get it on one of the eventual sales. this is coming from someone who owns the entire SampleTank 2.x range (and even some Squids libraries!), and ST3 full version.

@Peter i agree with the others - the price should be different depending on how much stuff people own, or at least should be different on cross-grade (owning other IK stuff) vs. upgrade (owning SampleTank 3 full).
Having purchased all the ST3 sound packs, it's tough to pay the same for the MAX upgrade, as someone who has invested nothing in ST3 sound expansions. Having a ST3 MAX to ST4 MAX upgrade price, versus a ST3 Standard to ST4 MAX upgrade price, seems more equitable. As of yet undecided on this.

I think that $99 minus available jam points is worth considering for ST4 SE. At least you get the new features that way.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Would ST2 sound still get imported or must be ST2->3->4? (ya I know, but I really don't need another multi-gig lib, I just want to keep using the few sounds from ST2)

I upgraded to Total Studio MAX 2 after November 13, and that came with SampleTank 3 MAX. Does that mean I get a free upgrade to SampleTank 4 MAX?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 pm As stated previously, if there were an additional tier it would be higher. That is the lowest we'd go for pre-order upgrade pricing and the lowest it will be for a long time. I apologize that it doesn't seem fair to some that others can get the same lowest price deal they can, but that is the lowest price now and for will be for a while.

Edit - as for popcorn munching, pricing has been clarified multiple times so from here on in that is likely just to be amongst yourselves as I believe what I say above is the official explanation. If some feel that someone else getting the same lowest-priced deal that they feel they are more entitled to is unfair, the pricing is set as it is and isn't going to change so please make your decision based on that.
Wow, didn't expect such a low blow from you Peter. Your first paragraph was enough for explanation. 2nd para is absolutely rude, insulting and obnoxious! Totally unnecessary!

So basically you're calling us, your supporting, loyal customers 'entitled' and suggesting us to 'live with it'! You sound as a corporate prick! Totally uncalled for! Especially when you explained the same thing in civilised language just above!

Didn't expect such (pop)corny response from you! Classic example of PR nightmare!

Consider me out!
Last edited by scatman84 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 pm ...
Hi Peter,

From the IK website:
Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.
If someone got Total Studio 2 MAX after Nov 13, 2018, which includes SampleTank MAX, what version of 4 do they get for free?

softska wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:45 am Would ST2 sound still get imported or must be ST2->3->4? (ya I know, but I really don't need another multi-gig lib, I just want to keep using the few sounds from ST2)
You would need to have those imported into SampleTank 3, then you'll point SampleTank 4 to your ST3 location (you will have the ability to set multiple library locations in SampleTank 4).

thenumber23 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:33 am I upgraded to Total Studio MAX 2 after November 13, and that came with SampleTank 3 MAX. Does that mean I get a free upgrade to SampleTank 4 MAX?
You would receive SampleTank 4 SE free upon release per the following from https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... ampletank4
Any customer who purchases or received any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Return to “Instruments”