Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

topaz wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm Updated to 2.0 (no instructions in zip)

App is not connecting to Neutron

OSX 10.12.6

Posted on behringer forum, lets see if they reply.
Same here but on Win10
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Have your selected neutron in the apps midi drop down?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:35 pm Have your selected neutron in the apps midi drop down?
Its not showing up

I had trouble at first but someone on gearslutz posted how to do it with some app that reinstalled the driver, head over to the gearslutz thread, there are a bunch of tips....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:17 pm I had trouble at first but someone on gearslutz posted how to do it with some app that reinstalled the driver, head over to the gearslutz thread, there are a bunch of tips....
I understand that was concerning the driver to update the firmware, which then needed to be uninstalled after the firmware was updated

Yes, I had no luck until I followed the procedure posted there using the usb reinstall app (a very useful app anyway!) but after it installed the app worked on Windows 10 for me.

The fix on Gearslutz is for Windows not Mac OSX

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:49 pm Yes, I had no luck until I followed the procedure posted there using the usb reinstall app (a very useful app anyway!) but after it installed the app worked on Windows 10 for me.
Ive tried all the drivers available via Zadig, none of them work sadly.
Windows is seeing the device but is not recognising it as a multimedia device.

Which driver are you using?

topaz wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:35 pm Updated to 2.0 (no instructions in zip)

App is not connecting to Neutron

OSX 10.12.6

Posted on behringer forum, lets see if they reply.
I had the same issue until someone pointed out to me that by default there's nothing selected under the 'midi device' section within the 'Options' panel. As soon as I selected "Neutron" it connected via USB straight away. Wasn't entirely obvious and I just kept trying to click the USB icon up top. Same for you maybe?

Will try again but when clicking the icon ( first thing I tried ) nothing happened. A hand appears but nothing popped up clicking in and around that icon.

topaz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:09 pm Will try again but when clicking the icon ( first thing I tried ) nothing happened. A hand appears but nothing popped up clicking in and around that icon.
Yes, the USB icon appears to do nothing other than telling you if you’re connected or not. I made the mistake of thinking it was to initiate connection or something. It wasn’t until I selected the correct in/out in the options panel that I connected. You’d think it would auto detect their driver, but it doesn’t.

Sussed it, 3 issues.

1.I run Bidule standalone to configure misc midi routings, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Bidule is running.

2.Orb Composer midi ports, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Orb Composers midi is running.

3.Neutron App is not saving midi port settings.
sl1200mk2 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:18 pm Yes, the USB icon appears to do nothing other than telling you if you’re connected or not. I made the mistake of thinking it was to initiate connection or something. It wasn’t until I selected the correct in/out in the options panel that I connected. You’d think it would auto detect their driver, but it doesn’t.

Yet another cute creation from Behringer - just ordered one for the fun of it.
Don't need sequencing and stuff like Crave has.

Also studying manual on this - really well done.
These guys impress me more and more.

Does anyone know if OSX issues with the firmware update have been resolved? I'm thinking of buying one of these, and don't want to be stuck unable to update the firmware.
Sweet child in time...

OK, bought one - holy crap this is good for 300 bucks!
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”