Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8738 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 pm

topaz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am
Updated to 2.0 (no instructions in zip)

App is not connecting to Neutron

OSX 10.12.6

Posted on behringer forum, lets see if they reply.
Same here but on Win10

SLiC
KVRAF
3131 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Have your selected neutron in the apps midi drop down?
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8738 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:40 pm

SLiC wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 pm
Have your selected neutron in the apps midi drop down?
Its not showing up

SLiC
KVRAF
3131 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm

I had trouble at first but someone on gearslutz posted how to do it with some app that reinstalled the driver, head over to the gearslutz thread, there are a bunch of tips....
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8738 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm

SLiC wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm
I had trouble at first but someone on gearslutz posted how to do it with some app that reinstalled the driver, head over to the gearslutz thread, there are a bunch of tips....
I understand that was concerning the driver to update the firmware, which then needed to be uninstalled after the firmware was updated

SLiC
KVRAF
3131 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Yes, I had no luck until I followed the procedure posted there using the usb reinstall app (a very useful app anyway!) but after it installed the app worked on Windows 10 for me.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4263 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:43 pm

The fix on Gearslutz is for Windows not Mac OSX

User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
8738 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:52 am

SLiC wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:49 pm
Yes, I had no luck until I followed the procedure posted there using the usb reinstall app (a very useful app anyway!) but after it installed the app worked on Windows 10 for me.
Ive tried all the drivers available via Zadig, none of them work sadly.
Windows is seeing the device but is not recognising it as a multimedia device.

Which driver are you using?

sl1200mk2
KVRist
109 posts since 6 Jun, 2003

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:03 am

topaz wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:35 am
Updated to 2.0 (no instructions in zip)

App is not connecting to Neutron

OSX 10.12.6

Posted on behringer forum, lets see if they reply.
I had the same issue until someone pointed out to me that by default there's nothing selected under the 'midi device' section within the 'Options' panel. As soon as I selected "Neutron" it connected via USB straight away. Wasn't entirely obvious and I just kept trying to click the USB icon up top. Same for you maybe?

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4263 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 am

Will try again but when clicking the icon ( first thing I tried ) nothing happened. A hand appears but nothing popped up clicking in and around that icon.

sl1200mk2
KVRist
109 posts since 6 Jun, 2003

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:18 am

topaz wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:09 am
Will try again but when clicking the icon ( first thing I tried ) nothing happened. A hand appears but nothing popped up clicking in and around that icon.
Yes, the USB icon appears to do nothing other than telling you if you’re connected or not. I made the mistake of thinking it was to initiate connection or something. It wasn’t until I selected the correct in/out in the options panel that I connected. You’d think it would auto detect their driver, but it doesn’t.

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4263 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Behringer Neutron

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:08 am

Sussed it, 3 issues.

1.I run Bidule standalone to configure misc midi routings, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Bidule is running.

2.Orb Composer midi ports, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Orb Composers midi is running.

3.Neutron App is not saving midi port settings.
sl1200mk2 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:18 am
Yes, the USB icon appears to do nothing other than telling you if you’re connected or not. I made the mistake of thinking it was to initiate connection or something. It wasn’t until I selected the correct in/out in the options panel that I connected. You’d think it would auto detect their driver, but it doesn’t.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”