SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

bioroid wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:51 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 pm ...
Hi Peter,

From the IK website:
Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.
If someone got Total Studio 2 MAX after Nov 13, 2018, which includes SampleTank MAX, what version of 4 do they get for free?
Since Total Studio 2 MAX is a software bundle, you'd receive SampleTank 4 SE free upon release.

zzz00m wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:40 am I think that $99 minus available jam points is worth considering for ST4 SE. At least you get the new features that way.
Thank you for your consideration of SampleTank 4 SE. You'd also get 30GB+ of sounds and the new features so it may be a good version to go with for those that want the features, new engine, and a solid collection of new sounds.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:24 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:40 am I think that $99 minus available jam points is worth considering for ST4 SE. At least you get the new features that way.
Thank you for your consideration of SampleTank 4 SE. You'd also get 30GB+ of sounds and the new features so it may be a good version to go with for those that want the features, new engine, and a solid collection of new sounds.
Right! So that would make it possible to upgrade for as low as $70, if using the max possible Jam Points value of 30% of the retail price for the upgrade. As a loyal IKM customer, I am not too far from that mark! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

If I currently have 181 GB of content (ST3 Max, plus anything else currently available for it: Miroslav, Syntronik Deluxe, and other releases, PLUS Sampletron and Samplemoog), what would my total content size be if I upgrade to ST4 Max?

Ok...this may help push me over a bit.

If I upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 NOW (even though I already own Sampletank 3) would that qualify me to a free upgrade to Sampletank 4 SE?

And is there are pricing structure to upgrade from 4 SE to 4 Max? I am trying to get this right the first time and be done...

Peter, in terms of NEW CONTENT, will information re: the specific differences between the $99, $149, and $199 versions of ST 4 be made available prior to Dec 31/end of pre-order offer? At this point, I'm completely in the dark in terms of what additional NEW CONTENT I'd get for each incremental price -- other than increasing sizes of gb. Is that information already available somewhere? (If the $199 version is mostly -- or all -- just the addition of all the EXISTING expansion instruments, it has zero value to me because I already have the ones I want.)

Kind of hard to make an informed decision without understanding exactly what you'd be getting for the incremental $. Thanks.

Peter. I think it is really strange to consider that buying Sampletank 3 Max as part of a bundle is different than just buying ST3 max. Can you please explain why this is the case. Furthermore, there does not seems to be an option to pre-order St4 max if one is already entitled to get ST4 SE.

ShawnMH wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:43 pm If I currently have 181 GB of content (ST3 Max, plus anything else currently available for it: Miroslav, Syntronik Deluxe, and other releases, PLUS Sampletron and Samplemoog), what would my total content size be if I upgrade to ST4 Max?
It appears that you’d have about 200GB more but I’m waiting to see what’s going on with the specific lists and such that have been requested to see if that can be honed a bit more (but still, that’s quite a lot of new content).

thejonsolo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:02 pm Ok...this may help push me over a bit.

If I upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 NOW (even though I already own Sampletank 3) would that qualify me to a free upgrade to Sampletank 4 SE?

And is there are pricing structure to upgrade from 4 SE to 4 Max? I am trying to get this right the first time and be done...
It would be Total Studio 2 MAX now but yes you’d get SampleTank 4 SE free upon release.

For ST4 SE —> ST4 MAX that would be the upgrade/crossgrade pricing which after release would have an MSRP of 299.99.

songshark wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 pm Peter, in terms of NEW CONTENT, will information re: the specific differences between the $99, $149, and $199 versions of ST 4 be made available prior to Dec 31/end of pre-order offer? At this point, I'm completely in the dark in terms of what additional NEW CONTENT I'd get for each incremental price -- other than increasing sizes of gb. Is that information already available somewhere? (If the $199 version is mostly -- or all -- just the addition of all the EXISTING expansion instruments, it has zero value to me because I already have the ones I want.)

Kind of hard to make an informed decision without understanding exactly what you'd be getting for the incremental $. Thanks.
I understand that 200GB of new content is impressive but not precise which can be a blocker for some so stay tuned as the more precise listings have been requested and I’ll let you know. I appreciate your patience.

Note though that SampleTank 4 MAX is hundreds of gigs of new material. That much is indeed true.

rob ofman wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 am Peter. I think it is really strange to consider that buying Sampletank 3 Max as part of a bundle is different than just buying ST3 max. Can you please explain why this is the case. Furthermore, there does not seems to be an option to pre-order St4 max if one is already entitled to get ST4 SE.
Hi, please note that is due to bundles like Total Studio 2 MAX are offered at a significant discount compared to buying the individual MAX products separately. That would be the reason there. There are also quite a few folks that were able to pick up Total Studio 2 MAX at 50% off (and one still can get it for another 40% off in our Happy Holi-deals promotion).

Speaking of pricing (I know - hypocrite!!! but hear me out), there is some context here about discounts vs paying full price and such that are taken into consideration with regard to the bundles/hardware inclusions and what you get free based on those conditions so I wanted to say that I understand those that may have purchased ST3 or ST3 MAX full price - not during a 50% off sale or similar - may feel they might be a special case or similar and that was something heard loud and clear. Now I’ll note that while I truly understand I can’t make any guarantees except that you’ll be heard - but I know I was not clear that the pricing comments and suggestions are definitely relayed to the folks that make those decisions and additional suggestions are added along the way. I’m not happy that I gave anybody the impression that their voices weren’t heard or that I wouldn’t be a champion for the IK customer. That I am and can still be whilst relaying the information about prices and such that receive some, er, strong feedback. Don’t hurt the messenger - at least not fatally :) - and I’ll do my best to let folks here at IK know to where you’d like to see the needle move.

I’ll pass along “tell Peter to use fewer words” right now since you’re thinking it.

Seasons Greetings Peter!!!!

buying ikmultimedia product the key is timing... most of ikmultimedia products if patient will fall into your lap with a great deal... personally, i am looking forward to Sampletank 4 Max... upgrade from Sampletank 3 with jam point the upgrade is only $169... and i bet if one waits for a deal they could get it cheaper...

p.s. the upgrade looks great...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:32 am
rob ofman wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 am Peter. I think it is really strange to consider that buying Sampletank 3 Max as part of a bundle is different than just buying ST3 max. Can you please explain why this is the case. Furthermore, there does not seems to be an option to pre-order St4 max if one is already entitled to get ST4 SE.
Hi, please note that is due to bundles like Total Studio 2 MAX are offered at a significant discount compared to buying the individual MAX products separately. That would be the reason there. There are also quite a few folks that were able to pick up Total Studio 2 MAX at 50% off (and one still can get it for another 40% off in our Happy Holi-deals promotion).

Speaking of pricing (I know - hypocrite!!! but hear me out), there is some context here about discounts vs paying full price and such that are taken into consideration with regard to the bundles/hardware inclusions and what you get free based on those conditions so I wanted to say that I understand those that may have purchased ST3 or ST3 MAX full price - not during a 50% off sale or similar - may feel they might be a special case or similar and that was something heard loud and clear. Now I’ll note that while I truly understand I can’t make any guarantees except that you’ll be heard - but I know I was not clear that the pricing comments and suggestions are definitely relayed to the folks that make those decisions and additional suggestions are added along the way. I’m not happy that I gave anybody the impression that their voices weren’t heard or that I wouldn’t be a champion for the IK customer. That I am and can still be whilst relaying the information about prices and such that receive some, er, strong feedback. Don’t hurt the messenger - at least not fatally :) - and I’ll do my best to let folks here at IK know to where you’d like to see the needle move.
No point in giving explanations after you called us 'entitled'!? Yes you used that word to describe us loyal customers. This is not shooting the messenger, this is me protesting you attitude towards us.

You chose those words, not us. We were civically asking for what we thought was fair.

Seriously, your earlier response has made me think about stopping any further purchases from IKM.

Now you can easily ask me to bugger off and it won't even surprise me....

Hopefully this means that resources can be freed up now to start working on MODO Guitars.

After ST4 that would hopefully be the next development..
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Return to “Instruments”