Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks guys . After having a good read through the forums the past few days I can see that a few of the bugs that I am experiencing are known to the devs and the user workarounds are working , so I will just have to be patient with those ones. There are a few quirks yet but I will get those reported.

@dRowAudio posted this info recently on another thread. Just sharing here as it directly relates to testing plugins.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=510305&p=7160629#p7160629
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I have strange Klanghelm IVGI/IVGI2 behaviour in Waveform 9.3.2 on MacOS 10.13.6 (17G65).
When project is loaded, it works as expected. After the first project's render into a file, IVGI doesn't produce any signal after itself.
If I save project and load it again, it works again before rendering.

https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/IVGI/IVGI.php

UPD. Seems like it's a Waveform bug, not plugin. Recently I migrated to MacOS. When I open projects from archives made on Windows, some plugins save their settings and restore it, but change them to defaults after rendering.
Strange thing is that it's not all plugins in project, but some plugins in some groups/folders (guitars in my case). I can't understand which of my actions leads to it.

Nearly the same problem I had on Win and now have on Mac too: Melda MEqualizer doesn't always restore settings after opening. But after closing project and open it again it works.

UPD2. Noticed the same send/echo bug. It's volume drops to zero when rendering.
I replaced other plugins with that problems with AU versions, they works well. But what to do with standard waveform's send?

UPD3. Replaced old send with another one, it works.

There has been a settings recall problem for certain plugins at least since T5-T6-T7.

It is severe with racks. To me it feels like a buffer overflow, possibly when plugins on request return more or different settings data than expected, and thus overwrite memory maybe of other plugins, or break the processing loop with an error, and Tracktion stops to question the remaining plugins for their settings - then the whole rack will be saved (within the edit version) only in structure but not in settings.
It happened with Melda EQ for me also.

At least it should signal the culprit that caused the error. When something is not saved or on emergency returns to default settings, there should be a trackable error condition.
(Might throw a message box "There was a problem with saving settings for plugin: _______ on track _____ / rack ________ ")

HansP wrote: It is severe with racks.
Speaking of racks, I see some (as I know, old) racks with plugins in process manager even if there are no racks in edit. They are shown, but most are not active and don't affect edit. But seems strange.

Maybe that and settings errors appears after too many crashes in the past and from past versions of traction?

Audio Damage Fault and Instant Delay guis are malfunctioning (tested in Waveform 9). Seems to be an issue with the cursor maybe? Fault is so bad it's barely usable---can't click on the presets at all. They're working fine in other DAWs (tested in Bitwig 2).

When the cursor hovers over a parameter in Instant Delay, text comes up which explains what it does---but it only briefly flashes the correct parameter before switching to another parameter. When trying to get the drop down menu for factory presets, it flashes on and off over and over again and usually vanishes when you try to move the cursor over from the first drop down menu to the second drop down menu.

Fault is even worse; clicking on the "preset" area does nothing. When the cursor is over the preset area, one of the parameters a significant distance below it lights up instead. Only a few of the parameters can be selected, and clicking on help doesn't work either. They work in Bitwig 2 so this is not intended behavior.

Edit: in Fault I managed to open the preset menu by clicking on the black area about four centimeters over where it's supposed to be. Similarly, many of the parameters can be edited by placing the cursor several centimeters away from where they're supposed to be. Still a mess.

In terms of audio they seem to be working though.

Minor bug with Waves plugins: Demo versions of plugins were automatically scanned and added properly. Purchased plugins were not---manual scan yielded error message saying "the following plugins failed to load correctly" and listing Waveshell-VST 10.0 dll among many others. Show location for the demo plugins took me to a folder which only had the Waveshell dll. Restarting Waveform didn't help.

However, removing all the Waves plugins from Waveform and then re-scanning caused all the Waves plugins to be added.

Daw Essentials Collection #t-crossover tested in Waveform-9.3.4 and Renoise on Linux Mint on 2 separate machines, only the red band allows audio to pass.the blue and green bands do nothing .thanks

#[ EDIT ]# It seems that It works perfectly in Bitwig if I apply "Add missing chains" , so I believe I just have to manually configure extra outputs In Waveform for the effect to work properly.... time to go figure if i need to wrap the plugin in a rack or how to achieve this #[ EDIT ]#

Izotope Rx 7---gui issues with plugins (specifically tested Breath Control and De-ess in Waveform 9, Windows 10). Cursor location does not match what is selected by clicking with mouse---selection is displaced to the left of cursor position. Trying to close the Rx 7 De-ess gui window causes Waveform to stop responding.

NOT a problem, quite the opposite.
I just updated Collective tonight to the latest version, and it's...(sorry, I'm weeping a bit here, as it's been so frustrating since I first installed it with v8)...
IT WORKS! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!
I can load patches and play them!
I can tweak the settings!
I didn't think this day would ever come!
thank you, Tracktion, for finally making good on the promise I could glimpse in the Collective interface.
sincerely.
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Post deleted...

Hi again.
In 9.3.6/macos10.14 softube saturation knob crashing itself and daw, even AU version that worked before. Works on 9.3.2.

P.S. 9.3.6 still have a bug with context menu at plugins panels: I can't call it by right mouse button or two finger tap (menu just flickering), only with "control" holding.

When adding plugins, i want to scan the plugins i get the message that T7 stopt working. It happen 5 times.
Gear present:
Roland Lucina(ax-09), Roland A30, several smaal midi/usb keyboards, laptop full of vst's (paid, freeware and share ware.

nielswil68 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:18 pm When adding plugins, i want to scan the plugins i get the message that T7 stopt working. It happen 5 times.
I also got it on T7. Something with plugins, maybe them are too old and can't work (like xoxos'). Sometimes I had a crash when scan too many plugins or just too fast. Try to scan/add them separately by dragging.

#TEqualiser v- 0.1.2.5 takes a few seconds to bring up plugin interface

Amplitube Custom Shop slowing tracks down on playback by about 20%

Guitar Rig 5 no sound when panning hard right

(Using Waveform 9 on Surface Pro 2 with Windows 10)

Return to “Tracktion”