How to create a Melda Plugin?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey
When you turn all the modules off there is no color problem.
Its very unlikely you would use everything at once.
I have spent 3 years on this getting it right.
It sounds like all Melda plugins, amazing.
I started this in MTurboMix that was never released and moved it over to MXXX1 recently on Vojtechs advice.
He thinks its far too complicated for the average user. But having sat behind huge consoles for 50 Years I disagree.
I built it because I was sick of trying to manage 12 or so plugins on each channel and taking up all my CPU. This is quite low on CPU as its using the one engine.
I cant really give this to anybody as it exposes all the guts of MTurboEq which I worked on.
If anybody is interested in having this talk to Vojtech.
Spencer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MXXX1 does not have the Crossover Bands (i.e multiband operation).

EX and MB? Have a look at Dynamics:
-- the basic module has the appropriate parameters
-- EX adds meters / time-graphs, A...H preset slots, Modulators, Multiparameters and the Easy screen
-- MB adds multiband operation, meters / time-graphs, A...H preset slots, Modulators, Multiparameters and the Easy screen
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That's one of the huge values of MXXX that I see, its low CPU load.
Your preset looked quite manageable and having the ability to deactivate each module makes it seem like the perfect/versatile channel strip where one could deal with one section at a time. Do any of the routings go through MSaturator?

Thanks Dark, I guess that I could have done the inspecting myself. I guess what threw me off was that MBs can be added to MXXX1.

Hey werzel
You can add Saturation in the EQ and The Compressor.
If you just want saturation, you switch on the Eq use the SAT knob and don't switch on any of the EQ bands.
Spencer

...how do you measure the change in cpu usage between the individual plugins and using them in MXXX? There have other "mentions" of MXXX cpu overhead, but I've don't recall a "definitive" explanations.../s~
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

I just switch modules on and off and watch the CPU meter for the individual MXXX1 plugin in Studio One Pro.

Hey spencer, I've tried that technique on this rig and could say one way or the other, sometimes it was different sometimes not. Maybe some more experiments are in order. Has "the man himself" ever commented on the situation?...just don't recall ever seeing anything on the subject...thanx.../s~

Hey steve2KVR
The wierd thing is if I put my channel strip on 200 channels the amount of CPU is not say 4% X 200 it is way less.
Each channel may read 4-10% but the overall CPU is not a huge increase. I am just happy it works that way.
I have not seen an answer anywhere but Vojtechs code seems to get less CPU hungry all the time.
Spencer

...well, about the same result here, nothing definitive...thanx anyway.../s~

There is the CPU benchmark in the plugin settings. You can use that to compare.
But basically, modules inside MXXX can share some resources, so they use less compared to having them as individual plugins.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I am aware of the CPU benchmark in settings, but could never make use of or see it's value in actual use. I have assumed there must be some synergy/efficiency when used inside MXXX, but took the investigation no further.../s~

Return to “MeldaProduction”