u-he Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:09 pm Maybe a browser video is in order...
For people who like to watch videos, certainly. For me (someone who doesn't have the patience for that) the few lines Urs wrote were enough. I think I got the idea. Basically, it's select, drag and drop.

And it was certainly much faster than watching a video, as it was also much faster than producing one :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

FFT... fast f... food for... troll? So if FFT is what goes into the troll, then IFFT is what comes... out?

I guess the new wavetable features increased the concentration considerably, right? Best consult your local bakery, somebody who can come up with gluten free weed cookies should be able to provide a recipe for FFT free synths in no time!
fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:30 pmHehe :)
He doesn't have to, in fact I will leave this thread so he won't waste more of his pr€ciou$ time on me :hihi:
:tu:

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:15 pmas it was also much faster than producing one :hihi:
Unless Urs ends up saying it over and over again across threads about different u-he plugins... and still only a small percentage of the userbase even knows the feature is there.

yeah, we need more videos... slowly getting there, after GDPR sucked up all our resources for a while as well as fine tuning our website.

Does Hive offer microtuning like the other U-he synths?

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:33 pm Does Hive offer microtuning like the other U-he synths?
From the OP:

New Features/Improvements:
  • Added MicroTuning support

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:33 pm Does Hive offer microtuning like the other U-he synths?
Yes

pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:22 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:15 pmas it was also much faster than producing one :hihi:
Unless Urs ends up saying it over and over again across threads about different u-he plugins... and still only a small percentage of the userbase even knows the feature is there.
Maybe a sticker in the opening page of the web site. I noticed that all updates mention the new Preset Browser. Maybe an entry called something like: "The coolest features of our new preset browser" :D
Fernando (FMR)

All I can add here is… RTFM
It really does answer a lot of the questions / claims in this and other threads.
You just have to put in a teensy bit of effort :-)

Howard wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:58 pm All I can add here is… RTFM
It really does answer a lot of the questions / claims in this and other threads.
You just have to put in a teensy bit of effort :-)
I wonder how many times you have typed that acronym? :hihi:

Thank‘s for the answer!
Otherwise one of the most unfriendly threads with little bites and sidekicks from both directions.
Thank‘s.....i‘m out here ;)

Ultra hardcore fans and big ego developer vs couple of uhe supporters who dared to say something not positive about one of the products. I have Zebra 2 and Ill take it to grave with me, but this kind of attitude really pushes me away from future uhe products. As Urs said couple of posts before, he is satisfied with detune/supersaw tech in Hive and he doesnt intend to change it (update it), that just answered that Hives detunes/supersaw tech is not the same one as in some other popular synths. Ok, Hive wont be no1. synth for big hyper saw leads and thats it, but I am sure people will use it for other sounds because its a great product. Anyway, claiming its detune/supersaw tech is out of this world and its advanced, I must say its not better than some competitor products, sorry. Now, flaming vs couple of supporters of uhe products can begin.

ps my feedback about this detune/supersaw thing was out of good intention, cause I wanted to see tech updated so I can use only Hive in my projects...I meant no disrespect and I certainly didnt troll, but ultra hardcore fan boys (90% of them never released a single track on world scale level aka major label) instantly felt attacked, which is sad...

Now i got interested!
I will test sylenth1. Spire. Avenger and hive and post gifs/pics so we get results instead of blablabla.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:56 pm ps my feedback about this detune/supersaw thing was out of good intention, cause I wanted to see tech updated so I can use only Hive in my projects...I meant no disrespect and I certainly didnt troll, but ultra hardcore fan boys (90% of them never released a single track on world scale level aka major label) instantly felt attacked, which is sad...
From my experience, most people arguing that synths lend themselves perfectly to EDM supersaws have no idea about, nor intent to make EDM, or related genre music. ;) Figures.

TBH, i also can only laugh about the argument that artists don't care about the synths/tools they use. Yeah, right, that's why they have a whole synth park, or gigantic modular racks in their studios. :dog:

Contructive criticism is a good thing and also understand different opinions, but U-he is just responding respectfully to a lot of nonsensical comments and very wrong conclusions people is bringing all together, I'm thinking if they are trolls or something but who knows...

Return to “Instruments”