One Synth Challenge #117: ModulAir by Full Bucket (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

I voted. I'm glad to see lots of enthusiasm here. I wish some of my greatest osc inspirations had been able to succeed in this challenge by entering, but thankfully many did. Most valuably, people were inspired to make music and the means to make it even greater.
quick, _ake what you want in life

I also voted. A bunch of 4s and 5s. Wow! Amazing work everyone!

Voted. Great top 5.

Final Results: Rellik is Victorious!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st Rellik - Losing Light - 123pts

2nd J.Ruegg - Unbounded - 120pts

3rd Jasinski - Modular Hair - 118pts

4th bh9090 - Cohohills - 117pts

5th TheNeverScene - Frequency flyer - 115pts

6 schiing - Playa' 115 pts
7 Loris - I Dream In Waves 111 pts
8 exponent1 - A Beginner's Trap 106 pts
9 VCA-089 - Inner Monster 104 pts
10 Zarf - The Unexpected Discovery Of Planet Modulazzunkop 103 pts
11 Eauson - In Search Of Stranges Spaces KVR OSC FB Modulair 102 pts
12 574x - Gates Is Philanthropically Patenting And Selling Mutants 100 pts
13 ontrackp - OnTrackP DARK CIRCLES 98 pts
14 PeterH - When Your Wrist Watch Vanishes In The Kitchen Sink 98 pts
15 DoctorBob - Modulated Blues 96 pts
16 Richard Semper - Elementate 95 pts
17 Ranoka - The Chronos Quadrant 87 pts
18 Leonard Bowman - Bold As A Mold 85 pts
19 h.s.j.e. - Elevator Romance 76 pts
20 Medniex - Osc 117 Rev00 70 pts
21 davetbass - GennyBodmanOSC117 56 pts
22 Saffran - Sunkop 54 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Awesome work :phones: :tu: :tu: :tu: :party: :party: :party:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... RqGCtddI8/
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This makes me really happy :D :D I'm glad that people enjoyed my entry, and thanks for all the comments/feedback! There was so much good stuff this round - I don't necessarily feel I deserve to win over the runners up (but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping the prize :P).

I'll opt for the Synthmaster bundle (thank you!!), and give permission for the upload thing for rghvdberg.

Rellik wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm This makes me really happy :D :D I'm glad that people enjoyed my entry, and thanks for all the comments/feedback! There was so much good stuff this round - I don't necessarily feel I deserve to win over the runners up (but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping the prize :P).

I'll opt for the Synthmaster bundle (thank you!!), and give permission for the upload thing for rghvdberg.
You most certainly deserved it! :clap:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Congrats! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Nice work @Rellik, definitely one of my favorite tracks this month. But plenty were 5's this month!!

Congrats to all winners! Great tracks :)

Congrats to the top 5 - well done - enjoy your early Xmas presents! :clap: :clap: :clap:

db

Congrats to Rellik and fellow winners, all stellar tracks!

Congrats, winners!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Wooo, Congratulations Rellik! :clap: , you deserved it ;) .

Congratulations also Jasinski, bh9090 and TheNeverScene, fantastic tracks :clap: .

Thank you all for letting me in such a position, I wasn't really sure if I should have submitted my entry, it still needs some work to be polished, and I don't really consider it finished. Looks like it ended doing better as I thought.

Modulair was a blast, so much possibilities with it, great job Björn :tu:
TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am And JRuegg, those basses...any advise? My nasally Reeses always sound like a Hoover blowing it's nose.
About the basses, the Main Reese was done with 3 layers:
Layer 1 : 4 detuned Oscillators, with a pulse wave (2 of them where a self drawed square wave, which sounds a bit distorted) and then they go trough some Allpass filters and LP / HP (5 filters in total), the routing is a bit complex, is not serial nor parallel (only possible in modulars I guess) .
And there are some envelopes controlling the filters, and a LFO which adds vibrato, and speeds up with the key follow to give the reesy touch.
Layer 2 : A self designed wave gets ring modulated by a pulse wave, and then into a filter routing like layer 1.
Layer 3 : Like layer 2, but no movement. it's more there to get a consistent low-end.

Other basses where made using Comb filters, FM oscillators, and Blender to morph the sound. As we where limited to single cycles, the blender came in handy to morph between different single cycles :) , or also between the Carrier and the FMed signal.

And... another bass was made using 5 instances of a simple FM -> filter patch, but every instance had a different filter type, the movement came from an ableton live macro mapped to the filters & FM amount, every layer had different ranges, so the whole combo got growly characteristics when modulating the macro & pitchbend.

Here are the bass patches, feel free to reverse engineer them :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, Prize :

I would like Sonimus TuCo, Thank you very much.

J.Ruegg wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm
TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am And JRuegg, those basses...any advise? My nasally Reeses always sound like a Hoover blowing it's nose.
About the basses, the Main Reese was done with 3 layers:
Layer 1 : 4 detuned Oscillators, with a pulse wave (2 of them where a self drawed square wave, which sounds a bit distorted) and then they go trough some Allpass filters and LP / HP (5 filters in total), the routing is a bit complex, is not serial nor parallel (only possible in modulars I guess) .
And there are some envelopes controlling the filters, and a LFO which adds vibrato, and speeds up with the key follow to give the reesy touch.
Layer 2 : A self designed wave gets ring modulated by a pulse wave, and then into a filter routing like layer 1.
Layer 3 : Like layer 2, but no movement. it's more there to get a consistent low-end.

Other basses where made using Comb filters, FM oscillators, and Blender to morph the sound. As we where limited to single cycles, the blender came in handy to morph between different single cycles :) , or also between the Carrier and the FMed signal.

And... another bass was made using 5 instances of a simple FM -> filter patch, but every instance had a different filter type, the movement came from an ableton live macro mapped to the filters & FM amount, every layer had different ranges, so the whole combo got growly characteristics when modulating the macro & pitchbend.

Here are the bass patches, feel free to reverse engineer them :
I don't think I can thank you enough for all of that. :hug:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Return to “Instruments”