Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SolarAxix wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:01 am
mrj1nx wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 am Fabfilter has a 25% off sale on bundles until jan 1

There might be personal upgrade discounts as well which could be perfect for grabbing the pro-q3 upgrade.
I'm glad I waited for this. I can get Pro Q3 for $46.99 to complete my Fabfilter collection. My previous initial release upgrade discount was 65% and with this sale it's now 73.75% until January 1st.
No-brainer :tu:

So how do you guys think the Orchestral Tools compare to the NI Symphony Series?

Been listening to demos of both and I think they both sound excellent.

Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:33 am So how do you guys think the Orchestral Tools compare to the NI Symphony Series?

Can't really comment much on a comparison. The Orchestral Tools ARK series is considered one of the best orchestral libraries on the market. I already have more orchestral libraries than my skill level justifies, so I could not justify the price of the ARKs. But I ended up picking up the Inspire bundle. It is incredibly easy to use and produces great results if your goal is to use orchestral music as an augmentation of electronic music.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:40 am
Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:33 am So how do you guys think the Orchestral Tools compare to the NI Symphony Series?

Can't really comment much on a comparison. The Orchestral Tools ARK series is considered one of the best orchestral libraries on the market. I already have more orchestral libraries than my skill level justifies, so I could not justify the price of the ARKs. But I ended up picking up the Inspire bundle. It is incredibly easy to use and produces great results if your goal is to use orchestral music as an augmentation of electronic music.
Its probably best to consider whats important to you in your workflow and what kind of sound you gravitate towards: Ark will work well for some things (I own Ark 1 and 2 and they are very different dynamically) and perhaps NI Symphony Series will have the 'better' room sound for a particular project or articulations you prefer. Ark is very expensive but that Teldex space they recorded in and the custom Kontakt scripting interface is very good, Their choirs are a great addition but again it all depends.. if you're more casual with orchestral writing it may be too much pricewise and content (50gb download each) and you may just want Inspire or just another library altogether that consumes less and can emulate what you are after for less. There are so many libraries out there to me its about sound I want to emulate and workflow I trust.

The latter is my situation, essentially. My either/or scenario is basically Inspire bundle with KU upgrade vs. upgrading KU Collector’s edition next year.

Edit: looks like my decision is already made. The OT sale is over. :lol:

Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm

The latter is my situation, essentially. My either/or scenario is basically Inspire bundle with KU upgrade vs. upgrading KU Collector’s edition next year.

Either their timer was wrong or they ended it early. Last night I calculated that it would run until around 11 am PST. It was over before I got up.

I did get the Arks, but was debating on the Sphere. Saved myself some money I guess.

dzilizzi wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:18 pm
Tappistry wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Either their timer was wrong or they ended it early. Last night I calculated that it would run until around 11 am PST. It was over before I got up.

I did get the Arks, but was debating on the Sphere. Saved myself some money I guess.
yep. something was up with the Timer. Saved some money.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So March-April is usually the first NI sale of the year where they offer the 50% discounts on Komplete upgrades, right? If I can pick up the KU 12 CE for $500, that would be a pretty stellar deal imho.

I'm fairly sure the Komplete discounts only occur during Summer Of Sound in June.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 pm 8Dio selling their Lacrimosa choir for $98, have they already done the same deal for Majestica or any chance they might do it as one of the later '25 days of surprises' deals? Majestica & Lacrimosa for under $200 would be an incredible deal but I feel like I wouldn't want to get one without the other.
I don't think there's ever been a $98 deal on Majestica (or anything less than $300 for that matter). It's also not been part of this year's 25 days of surprise deals (yet?). I agree that it would be a great deal if it could be had for $98.

sonokinetic wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:03 pm Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas Day 7: Half way friends, but far from done. Today our biggest discount of this 12DOC: 80% discount on our multisampled “Woodwinds Ensembles”. 100.000+ HQ samples in a 50GB library at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?ref=kvr7
Any opinions on the Woodwinds Ensembles? I didn't think that woodwinds would tempt me, but that is a very nice discount.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

AAS mailed me a code for a free soundbank this morning, now that's some customer service :party:
(After String Studio 3 I can't wait for their #3 upgrades on Chromaphone and Ultra-Analog, two of my alltime favs.)

mgw38 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:55 am
sonokinetic wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:03 pm Sonokinetic 12 Days Of Christmas Day 7: Half way friends, but far from done. Today our biggest discount of this 12DOC: 80% discount on our multisampled “Woodwinds Ensembles”. 100.000+ HQ samples in a 50GB library at https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale?ref=kvr7
Any opinions on the Woodwinds Ensembles? I didn't think that woodwinds would tempt me, but that is a very nice discount.
I was wondering that, too. Especially,
are the articulations as in the standard edition, or like in the extended edition?
I didn’t get that from their site.

Anyone know of any dealers taking part in the fabfilter promo ?

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”