!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HunterKiller wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 am You know, if I was the dev I'd give the cynicists of this thread this thing for free, just to do them a world of favour and prove that the world does not work according to their ingrained worldview.
good point - been an amazing marathon
what you don't know only makes you stronger

^ This. Or the one above :)

On the topic of free copies, I know a handful of people are owed them for various reasons. If you are one of these, don't hesitate to drop me a PM or email to remind me. That way, I can sort out your licences sooner, rather than you having to wait for me to remember to tackle my gratis licence list (which, after release, will probably get nudged even further down the to-do list!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:45 am On the topic of free copies, I know a handful of people are owed them for various reasons. If you are one of these, don't hesitate to drop me a PM or email to remind me. That way, I can sort out your licences sooner, rather than you having to wait for me to remember to tackle my gratis licence list (which, after release, will probably get nudged even further down the to-do list!)
remember, I'm the guy who put you on to the Beta distribution. :)

( nah, I am happy to pay as long as it is what I am hoping it is. I sold a bunch of software I was not using that much so have some money put aside. You deserve to be paid)
what you don't know only makes you stronger

woggle wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12 amYou deserve to be paid
I couldn't agree more. Colin is a one-man multinational in the breadth of his ambition and deserves some recompense for all the up-front work that has gone into this. I hope it's a massive success and that this allows him to delegate more of the gruntwork so that he can pursue future projects more easily!
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

I think I can claim being the earliest fan of Architect on KVR, and I proove it :
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=327596&p=4748132& ... #p4748132
But of course I don't ask for any free license. :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Just stopping by to say 'Happy Holidays' and wish everyone within the !Epoch world the very best, especially Colin for continuing the dream and pursuing what he believes in.

That's what life is all about.

Hurrah!

(and well done Colin)

I have zero doubt this software will be superb, I have everything by Colin, I think it may be a bit too deep for me now, long time since announce, Illnesss, life etc etc, now i just want to make as much music as possible, I really want the updates for the plugins to happen though and hopefully the ports to IOS, that would set me up entirely, would buy all those in a heartbeat.
Duh

To be honest, I think it may be a good idea to offer a free NFR licenses to everyone, who was participating (posting) in the old !Epoch thread (viewtopic.php?f=141&t=341953): quite generous move to appreciate the people, who believed in existence of this app for more than 6 years. I might be wrong, though.
CU
VK

Valery_Kondakoff wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm To be honest, I think it may be a good idea to offer a free NFR licenses to everyone, who was participating (posting) in the old !Epoch thread (viewtopic.php?f=141&t=341953): quite generous move to appreciate the people, who believed in existence of this app for more than 6 years. I might be wrong, though.
Nah, I'd rather the development effort and time actually paid off for colin. Free copies to 90 pages worth of the most likely interested parties doesn't sound like a great way to pay the bills :shrug:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

so the 6 year waiting is almost over! unbelievable! :hyper:

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:23 pm
Valery_Kondakoff wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm To be honest, I think it may be a good idea to offer a free NFR licenses to everyone, who was participating (posting) in the old !Epoch thread (viewtopic.php?f=141&t=341953): quite generous move to appreciate the people, who believed in existence of this app for more than 6 years. I might be wrong, though.
Nah, I'd rather the development effort and time actually paid off for colin. Free copies to 90 pages worth of the most likely interested parties doesn't sound like a great way to pay the bills :shrug:
In addition to WR's point, there's quite a few people in both the old and new thread who believed that it would come out, then gave up believing in its existence, then believed again, then gave up believing, then believed again, then gave up believing...
Just how much and how often did someone have to believe in it to qualify?

Also I struggle to see how we can correlate a person's often jokey comments in the old thread (and surely also this newer 2016 onwards thread?) with the production of this plugin.

Aside from the few free copies which Colin has already offered, just like WR I'd prefer everyone else (including myself) to pay.

Is this a good time for feature requests? :D

(p.s. I've been following this for most of the 6.5 years... and I'm with those who want to pay, even if a freebie was offered. I want this to be a financial success for Colin!)

<joke>What about - rather than a discount - a surcharge for the cynics?</joke>

What's Colin supposed to eat then?

Return to “Loomer”