Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me, the important aspect is one of personal expression at the heart of the DESIGN of things...i.e. base time divisions and the concepts of base numerical relationships.

For my particular interests of 'expressionism of individuality via performance of ideas through programming'...replacing the duple/tuple/multiply/divide paradigms of most current DAW's and their grids with alternative methodologies is the goal.

Integer sequences, fractional/irrational/decimal ratios/relationships and other mathematical/geometrical progressions that function as 'complexity' from simple systems' is of major interest.

Parametric compositions...i.e. algebraic addition/multiplication of LFO's as a composer's guide to STRUCTURE of a given time range...these forays of creative coding as embodied in 'front-end' programs such as 'Architect' suggest such possibility :)

So, starting with just adjusting basic numerical relationships in many 'common' sequencing mechanisms is of great help to my personal causes.

Those are the eyes in which I am looking towards 'Architect' with great anticipation ;-)
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

Almost forgot to ask but is there going to be a MFX version for Logic? - that would be fantastic.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:41 pm Almost forgot to ask but is there going to be a MFX version for Logic? - that would be fantastic.
Objection, your Honor! Asked and Answered!
David wrote: ↑Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:20 am
Available as an AU MIDI-FX for Logic!??
Colin replied:
It was up until a few builds ago when something broke AU MIDI-FX on Mojave. I can't guarantee I'll have time to work out what caused this regression - particularly weird as older builds work fine and newer ones work fine on pre-Mojave OSs - before the first public reason, but it will be back very shortly.

Verdict: Unanimous: YES!

Oh well I don't care about Mohave anyway - still on Sierra

Me neither, it'll be a LONG time before I cross that line.

Colin, what time tomorrow will this be ready to download? :)

I believe the source for final build has been checked in, but I've got some last checks to do and a lot of other (ie, non-coding) things to tidy up. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say around this time tomorrow, give or take an hour.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Egg timer set :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:45 pm I believe the source for final build has been checked in, but I've got some last checks to do and a lot of other (ie, non-coding) things to tidy up. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say around this time tomorrow, give or take an hour.
Cheers. Working a night shift tomorrow, so more than likely won't be able to check it out until the following day, but am looking forward to hearing people's first impressions.

Really excited here.

Me too :)

This will be the best '"new year resolution" ever...

All the best vibes to you Colin!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

It would be great to have something set up for users to share their creations.

I honestly can't stop thinking about the potential of this new bit of software!

Would somebody be so kind to report back their initial thoughts later on?

Unfortunately, calling in sick for my night shift is not an option..

lickle_emu wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:15 pm Would somebody be so kind to report back their initial thoughts later on?
Please, allow me. It's really good. I am biased though. :hihi:
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

By all means go ahead, Colin!

This must be an incredibly exciting time for you, too. Time to unleash your product to the world :)

Return to “Loomer”