Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I couldn't resist it anymore
Just purchased :party: !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Delta Sign wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm Just messing around with the demo a bit more.

Here is a simple acid synth sequenced by Architect. There are 5 "LFOs" which are recursively modulating each other, each one modulating different things like notes, gates, modwheel, velocity etc.
Nothing was sequenced using a sequencer, everything is generated in realtime from the LFOs. This could run for hours and would still not repeat, while hopefully still not being too random and quite natural sounding.
I also added a simple pad and a kick to give the whole thing a little bit more context.

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/recursive-architecture

I'm still amazed at how awesome Architect is. This is barely scratching the surface. There is so much that could be done with it. Absolutely amazing work, Colin!
Delta Sign, I love what you have done here! I could literally listen to that generative acid squelch for hours, completely lost in a dream.

The things is, though, despite sensing the potential of this software, I have little idea how one would go about creating such a thing - especially, as you said, there is no sequencer involved.

From my own tinkering in this beta version, and from what I have read here on the forum, it would appear that there are people such as myself who are very much waiting for presets and some sort of user library to arrive so that we can really start to get into the depths of what is quite possibly an incredible piece of software.

Until then, certainly for me at least, this is all very tantalising :ud:

I think I'll have to buy this. Looks absolutely incredible! Very nice work Colin :)

Thanks, all.
people such as myself who are very much waiting for presets and some sort of user library to arrive
I hear you. By the way, someone emailed me to ask if there was anything specific anyone wanted to see, macro or Lua script-wise, and he would build it. If anyone has any requests, I'd be happy to pass them on.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am Thanks, all.
people such as myself who are very much waiting for presets and some sort of user library to arrive
I hear you. By the way, someone emailed me to ask if there was anything specific anyone wanted to see, macro or Lua script-wise, and he would build it. If anyone has any requests, I'd be happy to pass them on.
Sounds great! Would love to see generative fragments.

Maybe some of the basic generative sequencing methods like a simple neural network sequencer (like the one in Audio Damage Axon), a euclidean sequencer, a turing random source, something like the wogglebug (come to think of it, my acid example thingy is based on a similar concept to the wogglebug already) etc.
Those should all be fairly easy to build, I think.

No need to go full Autechre with the first example presets and macros already :hihi:

As Delta Sign says, would definitely love a Turing Machine & Euclidean Sequencer.

Delta Sign wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:00 am
a turing random source
I don't think I'm aware of this type of random source. Could you give me an idea of what it is, and how it would be used? Cheers.

(Unrelated to Arc, but I did recently visit Alan Turing's office at Bletchley.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

lnikj wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am https://musicthing.co.uk/pages/turing.html

The code is open source.
Superb, thanks.

Is there any way currently to add parameters to user macros in the way that the built in objects have various classes of parameter (generic parameters for the metronome, note parameters for sequencers etc.), or are we restricted just to defining input parameters via the data inlets at the moment? Being able to utilise the show/hide toggle to expose parameters to the graph, or just leave them as once and done via the properties inspector would be a nice way to clean complex macros up.

On a similar note, what's the difference between an active data inlet and a regular data inlet? I noticed the active data inlet is green but I can't quite get my head around the difference in functionality.

And... bought.

What a stunning piece if code really !
I’m currently pimping the sequencer shown in the Quck Start guide, adding swing control, velocity, scale etc... and it’s quite intuitive to patch / grasp... which is totally amazing IMHO.

Colin, are the pre-built sequencers dissectable / modifiable ? Would love to study how’s everything was done (if possible of course).

Having a set of sequencers that I can modify / complexify whenever needed is exactly what I dream of.

As everybody else here, I’d love to study Delta Sign’s patches as well.
Delta Sign wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:00 am Need to go full Autechre :hihi:
Fixed.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Hez wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm Is there any way currently to add parameters to user macros in the way that the built in objects have various classes of parameter (generic parameters for the metronome, note parameters for sequencers etc.), or are we restricted just to defining input parameters via the data inlets at the moment?
The latter, at the moment, I'm afraid. Adding macro properties is planned, though.
On a similar note, what's the difference between an active data inlet and a regular data inlet? I noticed the active data inlet is green but I can't quite get my head around the difference in functionality.
Basically, active inlets will (or may) send a message or perform an action, while inactive ones just cache the value until the module's active inlet is signalled.

nilhartman wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:25 pm And... bought.

What a stunning piece if code really !

Colin, are the pre-built sequencers dissectable / modifiable ? Would love to study how’s everything was done (if possible of course).

Having a set of sequencers that I can modify / complexify whenever needed is exactly what I dream of.

As everybody else here, I’d love to study Delta Sign’s patches as well.
You're too kind.

The pre-built monolithic sequencers are currently not decomposable as they use a lot of internal gubbins I really didn't want to expose. Potentially, in a pre-1.0 future, I could look into refactoring them to make them into macros, if possible.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 pm
Hez wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm Is there any way currently to add parameters to user macros in the way that the built in objects have various classes of parameter (generic parameters for the metronome, note parameters for sequencers etc.), or are we restricted just to defining input parameters via the data inlets at the moment?
The latter, at the moment, I'm afraid. Adding macro properties is planned, though.
Hez wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm On a similar note, what's the difference between an active data inlet and a regular data inlet? I noticed the active data inlet is green but I can't quite get my head around the difference in functionality.
Basically, active inlets will (or may) send a message or perform an action, while inactive ones just cache the value until the module's active inlet is signalled.
Re: parameters, that makes sense, I imagine that's a whole lot of work on its own.

Re: active inlets, of course, that also makes a lot of sense!

I can't believe how thoroughly thought out this is, I keep expecting to run into some huge roadblock or bug but it seems you've considered everything :o

Return to “Loomer”