Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

adamtrance wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 pm Thanks eyezermusic for creating this little tutorial on how to use Vipers arp Midi Out to control other vsts ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqjHpCyouM
No worries, happy to help other Viper users out (in FL Studio in this case though) :)

I just bought Viper and I really like it for its practical GUI and lush sound, but I have one concern about the installation. I would like to put the vst files in my vst folder and the data folder (that stores the soundbanks and waveforms etc.) in my documents folder. But by placing them in separate paths the plugin can't find the soundbanks and waveforms anymore. So I would like to have an option in the plugin to relocate the data folder. Or better idea would be to have an installer where you could choose the installation paths beforehand.

Thanks Im glad you like it. What you are doing is a very bad practice and you should not separate the vst plugin from its contents. A lot of other synths are looking for things inside its own folder.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Actually most popular synths that have installer like Sylenth1, Dune and Serum installs the contents folder into documents by default, so I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it. How is that bad practice?

Also I would like to put the 64bit and 32bit vst plugins into their own separate folders, not like either into 64bit or 32bit vst folder.

Yim wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 pm Actually most popular synths that have installer like Sylenth1, Dune and Serum installs the contents folder into documents by default, so I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it. How is that bad practice?

Also I would like to put the 64bit and 32bit vst plugins into their own separate folders, not like either into 64bit or 32bit vst folder.
What is the benefit of storing your VST dll away from its data folder? Is that going to massively inconvenience you in making music?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:22 pm
Yim wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 pm Actually most popular synths that have installer like Sylenth1, Dune and Serum installs the contents folder into documents by default, so I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it. How is that bad practice?

What is the benefit of storing your VST dll away from its data folder? Is that going to massively inconvenience you in making music?
If I need to import soundbanks to Viper it is more convenient and easier to reach the contents folder from my documents than from the big and messy vst folder that is generally meant only for vst files. It is common for synths to have the contents in documents so lots of people are used to it.

Currently I'm storing Viper and its vst files in my documents folder so I had to create a new search path for it in FL Studio. This will work for now, but I hope this will be sorted out in the future so it will be easier for new Viper users too.

v1o wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:22 pm

Most software does this so, in case you uninstall the software, and choose to reinstall it later, you still have your user and configuration files on your harddrive. It also won't clutter up your VST folder with instrument data, or big sound/sample libraries.

the worst thing that can happen imo, is when you install some vst, and decide (stupidly, to be fair) to stick it directly in the vst directory without a sub-folder, and then you realize that it has installed a ton of crap in there alongside the dll... of course you realize this much later, when it's too late and it's all mixed up with other crap that other plugins have ruined your chances of ever having a tidy looking vst folder ever again with

Yep… even loose DLL's in the VST folder annoy me, so i usually create a folder for each vendor.

adamtrance wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:21 pm Version 1.0.4 is out now with the following changes:

• Resizable GUI
• Loading soundbanks directly from browser
• Renaming presets in browser
• Fixed some parameter bugs
• Fixed Arp GUI bug
• Fixed crashes when quickly switching oscillator waveforms
• Fixed Komplete Kontrol and Maschine preset loading bug

The Demo version has silence instead of noise now :)

Enjoy!
The resizing of the GUI isn't working properly in Cubase 10 here. Dragging the corner changes the zoom setting, but the VST window size remains the same. Works great in GigPerformer though.

Isn't it the right time for sales? Pretty please

I observed strange behaviour of note stealing algorithm when we're using an unison. Without unison (less than 2 note unison) everything is fine. With unison there are clicks when more complex chords are played regardless of polyphony (even with 64-voice polyphony).

cleverr1 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pmThe resizing of the GUI isn't working properly in Cubase 10 here. Dragging the corner changes the zoom setting, but the VST window size remains the same. Works great in GigPerformer though.
Yes, Cubase does not support its own VST functions, and its not working 100% correct. For now, after you change the size, just close the GUI and open it again and it should be resized.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:30 pm I observed strange behaviour of note stealing algorithm when we're using an unison. Without unison (less than 2 note unison) everything is fine. With unison there are clicks when more complex chords are played regardless of polyphony (even with 64-voice polyphony).
can you show me some examples please?

phreaque wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 pm Isn't it the right time for sales? Pretty please
I just found this synth and have been pretty enamored by it for the past couple of days. It has an interesting mid-range and resonant boost to it in some patches that I'm not sure what is going on. But the net result is a very pleasing, clean but smooth sound that I've yet to be able to fully recreate in other synths (tried Sylenth and Spire for now.. might try others later).

I'm a bit leery of buying a VST2 when it seems Steinberg is all-in on VST3 these days. I'm guessing VST2 support is numbered in Cubase as was 32-bit VSTs fairly recently.

In any case, I'm still interested -- the sound is too pretty. But am wondering the same thing -- if this ever goes on sale?

Return to “Instruments”