One Synth Challenge #119: Waverazor 2 by Tracktion (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

deleted because I'm stupid

z.prime wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:00 pm
ontrackp wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 pm The envelopes need love.....
BSE... :love:
All You Needs Is Envelopes
- The Beatles

... and BSE must have a "make cool 80's music" button - ON by default. :D
dB

there really is a hellish amount of tweeking possibilities, wtf! the interface looks as if the synth came from a mecha anime

https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/waverazortest-1
terrible "performance" but I'm having fun with this synth
Last edited by Auplant on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:33 am
... and BSE must have a "make cool 80's music" button - ON by default. :D
dB
+1
of course DB and I have actual '80's credentials, everyone else are amateur '80's wanna-be's!

Grrr...every time I load up the project it's :pray: :pray: :pray: that it still sounds somewhat like the day before, but any new preset is essentially half a loss somehow. Something about the levels or so, not sure what exactly, but several times now sounds would come back wrong. Maybe this goes on long enough for me to figure out what the dangerous stuff is to prevent sad beginnings of new days possibly for more than myself... :shrug: ...ah well.

I loaded the "immolation" preset to try and study some things, and I'm confused about why the first portion of the waveform is very short once I highlight it.
anyone know this?

one last question - how would I assign a Velocity control to control another parameter in the mod matrix? I can't find it anywhere

phace wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm I loaded the "immolation" preset to try and study some things, and I'm confused about why the first portion of the waveform is very short once I highlight it.
anyone know this?
On that oscillator, the "Window Duty" parameter of the oscillator is turned way down, this setting in the oscillator editor is like Duty Cycle for the Wave Segments, stretching/shrinking the positive segments and conversely shrinking/stretching the negative segments.
phace wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:07 pm one last question - how would I assign a Velocity control to control another parameter in the mod matrix? I can't find it anywhere
The Velocity of a note that triggers a voice is found in the Matrix 'Source' -> Modulator -> vctl state. In this section you can get the note information for a specific voice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taron wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:05 pm Grrr...every time I load up the project it's :pray: :pray: :pray: that it still sounds somewhat like the day before, but any new preset is essentially half a loss somehow. Something about the levels or so, not sure what exactly, but several times now sounds would come back wrong. Maybe this goes on long enough for me to figure out what the dangerous stuff is to prevent sad beginnings of new days possibly for more than myself... :shrug: ...ah well.
That is certainly disturbing... any chance your DAW is saving/reloading your patch settings? That would be pretty normal for the DAW to do that, but can't guess why it would come back different... even if you didn't save the latest in Waverazor, your DAW should be saving the latest state.

Leonard Bowman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 pm ontrackp made a video (hope he doesn't mind me sharing this here) explaining some of the quirks:
That is an awesome tutorial! Thank you ontrackp. Mind if I link to that from our MOK youtube page?

Sure! Glad to be helpful.

r_mok wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:19 am
Taron wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:05 pm Grrr...every time I load up the project it's :pray: :pray: :pray: that it still sounds somewhat like the day before, but any new preset is essentially half a loss somehow. Something about the levels or so, not sure what exactly, but several times now sounds would come back wrong. Maybe this goes on long enough for me to figure out what the dangerous stuff is to prevent sad beginnings of new days possibly for more than myself... :shrug: ...ah well.
That is certainly disturbing... any chance your DAW is saving/reloading your patch settings? That would be pretty normal for the DAW to do that, but can't guess why it would come back different... even if you didn't save the latest in Waverazor, your DAW should be saving the latest state.
That's just the thing, believe it or not, I saved the presets, such as my first snare, but after reloading the preset the first oscillator, a noise, went quiet, both in the loaded project and the preset, but it never was.
Today it was an autoharp type sound, which was perfect yesterday, but today had the wrong balance. I can't tell what has changed, whether it was the envelopes, something weird inside the oscillator or a matrix thing, I can't tell. All I can say for sure is that it changed.
MuLab saves the preset parameters with the project, independent from presets you'd save to a file. But just to clarify ones more, it wasn't that the parameters had changed, the processing has changed inside the synth. It's as if certain values or fields can get offset as you edit your sound and you work with what it sounds like at that time. But when you get to start from scratch they somehow get initialized to different values. That's what it feels like to me. Some odd accumulation, unfortunate lack of initialization during editing, something of that sort. :shrug:
That means, your parameters end up leading to different results after a full initialization than during editing at the time. If it were minor differences, it would be ok, but these are mean changes. :(

Taron wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:00 am ... That's what it feels like to me. Some odd accumulation, unfortunate lack of initialization during editing, something of that sort. :shrug:
That means, your parameters end up leading to different results after a full initialization than during editing at the time. If it were minor differences, it would be ok, but these are mean changes. :(
Ah, I understand... Ugh, there has been an elusive bug that happens sometimes in certain Matrix settings resembles exactly what you are describing. I have not found it yet, but would be interested in seeing those patches (you already posted one of them).

The workaround is to save and reload often... if the sound is changing on reload, you'll catch it sooner. Really sorry about that one... Taiho has also bumped into this when doing sounds. I am expecting to have a fix for this in February I hope, as I have been getting a bit closer to it.

Hi, I'm getting some strange things happening in Ableton. Changed the buffer size and then the sound changed. Mostly the transient detail and high end disappeared when I Increased the buffer. Almost sounds like a drop in pitch. Happening on a kck preset I made with heavy low end, not happening on other sounds that I can hear. Saving and reloading does not fix it. Switching the buffer size back does

Laxplanet wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:47 am Hi, I'm getting some strange things happening in Ableton. Changed the buffer size and then the sound changed. Mostly the transient detail and high end disappeared when I Increased the buffer. Almost sounds like a drop in pitch. Happening on a kck preset I made with heavy low end, not happening on other sounds that I can hear. Saving and reloading does not fix it. Switching the buffer size back does
The Modulation Rates in Waverazor run at 256 frames -or- the Buffer Size of the DAW, whichever is smaller... so changing your buffer sizes to anything above 256 shouldn't make any difference.

You can also set your internal buffer sizes in Waverazor to be smaller, giving additional resolution to the modulation routes, in Settings -> Voice Buffer Size. The largest possible is 256, so any DAW buffer setting above 256 shouldn't have any affect on the sound.

Do let us know, and if you can post that kck preset that makes that difference, we can take a look... Apologies in advance, I am personally pretty swamped right now heading towards NAMM, but we will find some time to have a look.

Cheers! - Rob

Return to “Instruments”