Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does 8Dio not do the 10% off coupon anymore?
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Should only work with one purchase. At least that’s how it worked for me.

I'm only making one purchase.

They do the 10% coupon, and it works several times but reaches a limit... at least for me.

Thanks you two.

I grabbed the mandolin that's on sale. I've had a mixed experience with 8Dio, hope this one works out.

soundbylaura wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:30 am Thanks you two.

I grabbed the mandolin that's on sale. I've had a mixed experience with 8Dio, hope this one works out.
Ive also had very mixed purchases from 8DIO - imagined greater uses with some libraries over the years but never find that they work as intended. Some of the ones that haven't been a happy outcome so far: Dobro, Qunan, Barbary Voice, Apocalypse guitar one.. Its like the image I consume upon purchase versus the reality of use with them is very different. The reality of problems generally I found is they have slack sampling with dud or uneven notes or fret buzz, long RAM loads (discourages use especially when not optimised) very odd issues with patches not loading correctly that Ive had to take up a few times with tech support.. so they are a gamble! And, the 10% off has been a gamble too, sometimes it works, at others it doesnt. And its not due to a sale that the 10% is invalid as its worked before like that!

Insanelysane wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 am
soundbylaura wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:30 am Thanks you two.

Ive also had very mixed purchases from 8DIO - imagined greater uses with some libraries over the years but never find that they work as intended. Some of the ones that haven't been a happy outcome so far: Dobro, Qunan, Barbary Voice, Apocalypse guitar one.. Its like the image I consume upon purchase versus the reality of use with them is very different. The reality of problems generally I found is they have slack sampling with dud or uneven notes or fret buzz, long RAM loads (discourages use especially when not optimised) very odd issues with patches not loading correctly that Ive had to take up a few times with tech support.. so they are a gamble! And, the 10% off has been a gamble too, sometimes it works, at others it doesnt. And its not due to a sale that the 10% is invalid as its worked before like that!
Yep, read that a lot of times in forum discussions. Also wanted to buy Adagio Strings earlier and lots of people using it were saying that they sample their instruments horrible. They sometimes found phase issues, samples that start to silent/loud and to late. After reading a lot and asking my colleagues they all advised me to save my money. So never bought an instrument from 'em. I ended up with Cinematique Instruments Mandolin ($36) and Ilya Efimnov´s Domra (30€) and can recommend it.

I have the feeling that 8DIO is also one of the companies that gives their product overprized MSRP´s and than making a super duper flash sale with INSANELY deep prices :-D. Other opinions ?

The issue with many of the 8Dio libraries is that you have to write to them but the sampling, when it works, works very well. They often have a weird internal logic that Troels understands but which can seem dumbfounding to anyone else, especially when using them in combination with comparable libraries. As a result, they aren't very general-purpose but when they do work, they work well. They are also set up for soundtrack work on cues where you may just need a single soaring string line (using, say, Adagio). But you'd go mad arranging a sonata with them.

One example is the Aura Percussion. There's just one basic phrase for each percussion instrument but if you bounce between the phrase and single hits you can build up much more intricate rhythms that sound reasonably natural. But faced with the library at first, it's easy to wonder: "What is this meant to achieve?"

husteblume wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am I have the feeling that 8DIO is also one of the companies that gives their product overprized MSRP´s and than making a super duper flash sale with INSANELY deep prices :-D. Other opinions ?
8Dio didn’t do any sales until relatively recently (1-2 years ago). I doubt their products were ever priced with a sale in mind.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I own way too much 8Dio stuff. All bought on sale. Mostly it is usable - some things sound amazing, some not so much. But for the sale prices, I haven't really yet complained. I think the only thing I'm really not crazy about is their solo voices. But as a singer, I get pickier about vocal stuff than anything else. Their percussion stuff is great. You almost never can go wrong with it.

Vocal phrase libraries are always going to be a problem and it might just be better to deliver these things as raw samples (and use them straight or Melodyne them into place) rather than package them in a Kontakt GUI unless there's some really fancy scripting going on like Mike Green's The Ladies or Blue or going the custom route a la EW's choir Wordbuilder. Even those are clunky in execution but you've at least got the ability to prototype lines before trying to fit words or things that sound like words together. Soundiron has a decent approach for stitching bits of phrases together but you still have to audition a lot of phrases to work out what's could work.

Just realized I completely missed these replies.

@kalmata kid - yeah, from meldaproduction themselves: "Only MXXXCore is counted for the upgrade to MXXX."

@Pekbro - I gues it's cheaper for you because of what you own already, but it's not the case for me.

I'd only buy during 50% sales, so my upgrade routes are:
mxxx €482 EUR
complete €695 EUR (I have no need for individual plugins, so there's no sense in paying more than I could get mxxx for)
part of wanting mxxx full is I keep getting pulled towards mpowersynth, so mtotalfx isn't enough for me - but that would be more than the cost of getting mxxx.

MXXX core is touted as a way to get the bits of mxxx that you want, which is why I did it. I just wish there was a way to have those other plugins converted into an upgrade to MXXX.

As it stands, I can't justify buying any more melda plugins - other than if its a stupid deal like when audioplugin.deals did mturboreverb+mturbocomp for $99.

I still really like their plugins and really like the company and the way they do stuff in general, but I'm in limbo now with no sensible upgrade path to mxxx.
pekbro wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:38 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:37 pm
OneOfManyPauls wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 pm If I had my time again with Melda, knowing what I know now, I would not have bought MXXX core + mcreativebundle + other odds and sods individually - I'd have just waited until I could go full MXXX as that gives access to everything plus future plugin as modules within mxxx. There's no upgrade path from the other stuff to MXXX full - the only purchase that counts towards the upgrade is MXXX core.
Are you saying that there is no upgrade path to MXXX from in my case I have MXXXcore plus five plugins. No discount to upgrade to MXXX?
You can upgrade to the Total FX or Complete Bundles if you wanted to do that though.
For me, the Total FX is less than the MXXX upgrade actually. Although, I am pretty sure
I am done buying Melda's plugins...

I don't actually have a problem with the phrases. I love the Insolidus choir. You can't understand what most choirs are singing anyway, so the phrases really aren't a problem. No, I just find all their singers to be very nasal-y? I can't quite describe it, but it hurts my throat just listening to it. There's a few spots that are good, but mostly the tone is so annoying to me. And? I think it is because they are asked to sing that way. I doubt they sing that way normally. The Realitone ladies all have very nice voices - I have the ladies, but have not yet got Blue. What I really need are men singers. I can do most female voices. I keep hoping Mike will eventually do the men....

For just $99.99, get the massive 15GB+ Sound Designer Toolkit 1, 2 & 3 by Sound Ideas. This is truly an essential “Must-have” for any musician and sound designer.

The scope of sounds offered is so diverse that for $99 you are getting the holy grail of cinematic sound design. The sounds included are great to fuse as musical elements in any production.

Originally $1485, now available for just $99.99 for a limited time only (you save a whopping $1385). You don’t want to miss this!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals
Deal expires: Wed, Jan 23rd at midnight (EST)
There's always a hot deal cooking at Audio Plugin Deals! Check out the latest deals here: https://audioplugin.deals/

Sweet :tu:
SoundIdeas had some of the best soundsets.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”