Access Virus snow VST replacement.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 am So long story short, from me Viper + Rapid + Virus TI WTs + Phazor is the setup which allows me to have almost all sounds I ever needed from my Virus Snow ITB. Viper does maybe 70-80% of the job, but when I want moving/morphing wavetable sounds I reach for Rapid. Maybe it would be different for someone else, Virus TI is in incredibly deep and versatile synth (this is why I'm keeping the real thing despite I haven't used it in actual tracks for months).
I think most people don't realize how spoiled we are. If you take into account all the possibilities you have with a decent PC, DAW and modern VST plugins and once you realize not the VST plugins you own are your instruments but your workstation as a whole, you see the Virus just doesn't hold a candle to that.

In my opinion its dune 3 with the TI waves installed. That's what I use.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm In my opinion its dune 3 with the TI waves installed. That's what I use.
Are this wavetables in the ".wt" format so it can directly loaded by Dune or only (single cycle) waves?
I remember to have Virus Wavetables for Serum but they are all "wav".

fanodu1 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:25 pm
recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 am So long story short, from me Viper + Rapid + Virus TI WTs + Phazor is the setup which allows me to have almost all sounds I ever needed from my Virus Snow ITB. Viper does maybe 70-80% of the job, but when I want moving/morphing wavetable sounds I reach for Rapid. Maybe it would be different for someone else, Virus TI is in incredibly deep and versatile synth (this is why I'm keeping the real thing despite I haven't used it in actual tracks for months).
I think most people don't realize how spoiled we are. If you take into account all the possibilities you have with a decent PC, DAW and modern VST plugins and once you realize not the VST plugins you own are your instruments but your workstation as a whole, you see the Virus just doesn't hold a candle to that.
TBH, i wouldn't want to buy a Virus either, for the money it costs now, when i think of all the advantages of in-the-box, and what a PITA rendering everything down for my workflow would be. Although plugins might not give you that hands on and good feel factor, they have many, many advantages, which can't be denied, when you do a real consideration of whether you want to go hardware or software.

4damind wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:19 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:06 pm In my opinion its dune 3 with the TI waves installed. That's what I use.
Are this wavetables in the ".wt" format so it can directly loaded by Dune or only (single cycle) waves?
I don't think they're compatible. But, Dune 3 can load both single cycle waveforms, and also wavetables in wav format ("fit to wavetable").

Dune3 should import wavetables in wav format (those prepared for Serum). I only bought it yesterday so I haven't tried this yet but the manual says it's possible. Though it seems that you can only import and convert only one WT at time, no batch import as far as I understood.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yeah. There's no batch import for the single waveforms as well, unfortunately. Was quite some work to load all the 128 waveforms i sampled from Largo in the wt editor... :D

Was probably a stupid way i did it anyway, but, i simply don't know better.

I remember a guy made wt wavetables for Harmor (Imageline) with help of Audioterm. So my question, maybe somebody is using this wavetable (wt format) or tried it with Dune.

I'm not sure.. but the 99 Virus Wavetables are not single cycle waves? So every wav includes multiple single cycle waves and this can be loaded with Dune, so every single cycle will load to its own slot?

4damind wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 pm I remember a guy made wt wavetables for Harmor (Imageline) with help of Audioterm. So my question, maybe somebody is using this wavetable (wt format) or tried it with Dune.

I'm not sure.. but the 99 Virus Wavetables are not single cycle waves? So every wav includes multiple single cycle waves and this can be loaded with Dune, so every single cycle will load to its own slot?
Are you talking about the ACVTII files? I think it must be possible to load these directly into Dune with use of "Adjust wavetable" function
Dune 3 manual wrote: Import WAV (Adjust Wavetable)
Loads a wave file (WAV) as a complete wavetable. With this variant, the number of waveforms
is automatically adjusted to the length of the wave file. This function is useful if the wave file
consists of several waveforms with 2048 samples each.

Works only in Dune3, not in 2.5
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yes, the AC Virus TI files.
But Afaik there is no wavetable with standard waveforms (saw, square,...)?
There was also a Massive Wavetable set and one from the Waves synth (Elements?) flying around the web... Btw. the Virus Wavetables are Afaik legal, but it's not allowed to sell them.

the virus waves for dune have been posted several times for download on this site. .wt

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm
the virus waves for dune have been posted several times for download on this site. .wt
Yes, the user PietW converted this to the wt format which works also for Harmor, Serum, Icarus, Falcon, Synthmaster (maybe also Alchemy). But it's not available anymore.

4damind wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm ....... But it's not available anymore.
I wonder why?

On the more general topic, I am surprised that by now Access hasn't created Virus in a vst format... Have they done anything new to their hardware or OS for their hardware in the last five or so years?
They may get around to a Virus vst when no one cares for it any longer.
rsp
sound sculptist

Christian Kemper,the leading head behind Access, changed his interest to amp simulations and is very successful with his Kemper Amp. The Virus is IMO outdated and sales will be very low.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but, their focus shifted towards their amps. I guess there isn't enough money to be made with synths anymore...

Return to “Instruments”