BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JHernandez wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm My hope is that when BWS 3 hits people at large will finally see BWS as it's own DAW, on it's own path. Wouldn't that be nice? I think so. Good stuff.
Agreed. I’m pretty sure we are at the tipping point. Can’t wait to see what the maniacs around here make device-wise.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
My guess is that v3 will be just the modular Grid

JHernandez wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm My hope is that when BWS 3 hits people at large will finally see BWS as it's own DAW, on it's own path. Wouldn't that be nice? I think so. Good stuff.
Yes indeed. I'm already using Bitwig for film scoring (via syncing with DP) and recently for incredibly fine random modulation of orchestral VI's to give extra realism. Bitwig is the future.

odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm
mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?
That is hilariously inaccurate. Talk about a strawman
:dog:

Ableton Live 10 had dozens of changes, from what I can see Bitwig 3 is just one.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm
mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?

Ableton Live 10 had dozens of changes, from what I can see Bitwig 3 is just one.
I'd say the pace of Ableton development was glacial but these days the glaciers are melting faster than Ableton development! :hihi:

I was using hyperbole to paint a picture of being underwhelmed, sue me :p

Man I can't wait for this!

odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:45 pm

I was using hyperbole to paint a picture of being underwhelmed, sue me :p
See you in court, sunshine
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm Ableton Live 10 had dozens of changes, from what I can see Bitwig 3 is just one.
This change is only what we know for now. Lets wait for NAMM.
And by the way. The Grid is one thing which includes:

Fully-modular sound design
Fantastic sound quality
120+ modules
Any signal, anywhere
Lighting-fast workflow
4x-oversampled, stereo signal path

You can route CV IN and OUT. You can Modulate from The Grid to Bitwig and vise versa, same with CV.
Which is awesome. Thats like some kind of Reaktor native in the DAW.
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

don_looney wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:48 pm

This change is only what we know for now. Lets wait for NAMM.
If there was more I think they would have it mentioned on the Bitwig v3 page.

Kongru wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm
See you in court, sunshine
The judge already dismissed your case as a waste of the courts time.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
No news but Bitwig 3 is schedule for Q2 2019 so there's still time for some 2.x updates.

pinki wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 pm
Yes indeed. I'm already using Bitwig for film scoring (via syncing with DP) and recently for incredibly fine random modulation of orchestral VI's to give extra realism. Bitwig is the future.
Could you please explain more(probably in the DMs) how you use it for film scoring. I'm really interested.

Also:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/19/behind-the ... arity.html

which states:

Looking Ahead

Bitwig Studio is already a software home for plug-ins of all bit depths, controllers that speak regular MIDI and MPE, and outboard hardware that supports audio, CV, clock, gate, or all of the above. Now that all your components are living in the same tent, we are working on more effortless workflows, for both the studio and the stage. This includes additional devices and modules for sure, but also some new approaches to old problems. We look forward to inviting you in for these enhancements and much more.

Thank you for having read this far. If you don't own Bitwig Studio yet, then come join us on our journey. We’d love to welcome you as part of the Bitwig community.

Best wishes,
The Bitwig Team

you know what's coming.

yes don't forget we got r for reverse yay :D

Looks amazing and I'm v. excited but let's hold off on the Ableton bashing hey, it's bad karma and I'm sure they're all lovely people too :D

I'm just glad to see Bitwig continue to focus on their own direction, the more varied the DAWs available to us the better for the end users.

Also, now I forgive them for being so unresponsive during the current beta :wink:

Return to “Bitwig”