Bitwig Studio 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope there will be some website or something for sharing user made Grid devices - if I understand how this new Grid works.
Something similar to http://maxforlive.com/

This is a big answer for price model complaints and Live comparisons. I mean in a year Bitwig released 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and now shortly 3. During this time Live couldn't even reach to 10.1. One wonders what are they busy with. And I am sure Bitwig is a much more small company and they are dealing with 3 OS
I am an Ableton Live+Push2 user by the way but this update and commitment of Bitwig team is fantastic. Whatever I wish to have in Live comes with BWS. I guess the time to switch has come.

andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:16 pm This is a big answer for price model complaints and Live comparisons. I mean in a year Bitwig released 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and now shortly 3. During this time Live couldn't even reach to 10.1. One wonders what are they busy with. And I am sure Bitwig is a much more small company and they are dealing with 3 OS
I am an Ableton Live+Push2 user by the way but this update and commitment of Bitwig team is fantastic. Whatever I wish to have in Live comes with BWS. I guess the time to switch has come.
Bring your PUSH, works great in Bitwig :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope they have some actual useful workflow improvements. They’ve gone down the rabbit hole of modulation - which is fine but after some point is just them wanking themselves off.

At least ableton 10 released some useful functionality for making music.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:20 pm
andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:16 pm This is a big answer for price model complaints and Live comparisons. I mean in a year Bitwig released 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and now shortly 3. During this time Live couldn't even reach to 10.1. One wonders what are they busy with. And I am sure Bitwig is a much more small company and they are dealing with 3 OS
Bring your PUSH, works great in Bitwig :tu:
Will do :tu:

Wow, this is great. Seems to be a less complex approach than M4L too, which is a good thing IMO. Looks really powerful....*and* hardware modular integration! :party:
Last edited by zklaus on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton Live 10 / Push

5Lives wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:33 pm I hope they have some actual useful workflow improvements. They’ve gone down the rabbit hole of modulation - which is fine but after some point is just them wanking themselves off.

At least ableton 10 released some useful functionality for making music.
tried to use the multi-clip MIDI editor in AL ... and there is no track locking (Bitwig has), https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=229185
d'oh :D and M4L devices are still crashing the whole system d'oh+1, I really wanted to like and use it but the crashing in AL brings back very bad memories ... BWS still bit like the poor man's AL (especially in MIDI editing) but at least never lost a project with it
Last edited by xbitz on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Excellent! The more I work with Bitwig the more I start to drift away from Live.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

The Grid looks very interesting... I appreciate that all signals are interchangeable. So the output of an Osc can be used to modulate anything! Plus all signals are stereo!

It also looks very easy to auto-connect modules. And then any Grid device can be used like any other Bitwig device... nested, modulated etc etc...

This is a good read on the journey and the vision of Bitwig.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/19/behind-the ... arity.html
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Reminds me of Mulab's Mux quite a bit. I won't be back until they restore right-click context commands so I don't have to constantly move to the top of the screen, but nice to see they're still hard at it. Still my favorite looking DAW by far.

jonljacobi wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pmI won't be back until they restore right-click context commands so I don't have to constantly move to the top of the screen
What on Earth do you mean? 95% of contextually relevant actions are still available under right-click. And if you need that 5% you can likely map a keyboard shortcut to them.

The dynamic tiles menus have to stay for touch control.

Try to do undo/redo and many other actions in Live using just the touch screen... Or map keyboard to actions how you want it... :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

From the announcement:
Modules like envelopes, LFOs, and sequencers all have modulator outputs as well. And just as Bitwig Studio’s modulators can control any parameter in The Grid, any grid signal can be used to modulate child devices.
This is amazing.

This finally would make me to decide to get Bitwig as my second DAW or even as a replacment if i would leave mac or Apple abandon mac/Logic themselves one day. Nice.

This looks awesome! I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”