Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Ah well... shame they delayed it, but to me it just looks so god damn interesting I don't mind the wait.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 pmProjected June release is just couple months away from Komplete 13
No, it's not. Komplete version bumps aren't on a yearly cycle, they're on 18-24 months cycle.

recursive one wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm So Massive X will be a sort of "Reaktor Junior"?
I thought that at first also but after a closer look it seems really like Massive 2 as it's easy to figure everything if you know Massive.

What is the "T" in the modulations though? I guess it's a stepper or performer? As only this is missing in the screen shot.

The routing is nice and flexible and there are 16 macros this time it seems with E and L indicating envelopes and LFOs. Lovely design :) I like it a lot. Let's see if it is usable on my current CPU (I don't want to wait 5 years to be able to use it as it was the case with the original Massive :hihi: ).

T is likely keytrackers - which Massive also had. MX just has MOAR. P is performers, they are listed before envs/LFOs.

Oh ok! Thanks. There is Velocity modulator, right? Just checking :D

LOL.

Great ;) Till June then :)

June is a long time from now...

highkoo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:56 pm Hmm.
Ima be real honest NI; I expect this to be better than Massive in like.. every single measurable way. :)
Bummer.
I am honestly pretty underwhelmed but I guess we dont have all the details yet.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:23 am June is a long time from now...
Yyep.
Pigments looks cool. :scared:
ImageImageImageImage

At least NI sent out a $50 voucher to make up for it. It’s enough to buy an expansion without having to add cash
Sweet child in time...

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm T is likely keytrackers - which Massive also had. MX just has MOAR. P is performers, they are listed before envs/LFOs.
In the performers, did they drop the option to crossfade between two states? Can any of the shapes be bent and/or modulated at all?

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 am At least NI sent out a $50 voucher to make up for it. It’s enough to buy an expansion without having to add cash

You got a voucher?
By email?
Are you a Komplete 12 licensee?
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 am
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm T is likely keytrackers - which Massive also had. MX just has MOAR. P is performers, they are listed before envs/LFOs.
In the performers, did they drop the option to crossfade between two states? Can any of the shapes be bent and/or modulated at all?
I don't know for sure, but shapes do seem to be bendable. What they apparently added is some sort of snapshot system with keyswitches, so that you can change between up to 12 settings of performers via keys (from what I can gather at the bottom of the performers UI). To me this could potentially be a lot more useful than just being able to xfade between two performer states.

It looks more like a MSEG now, to me, since there are no predefined shapes that fit in a single step this time around, from what the screenshot suggests.

Will it be compatible with Overbridge?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

liv wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 pm The mentioned fact that Mike Daliot is behind it oozes quality.
I'm sure it will be superb, again.
Hi Mikael,
I'm getting a "server not found error" on your Massive-Soundset link.
Just say'ng. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”