Sylenth1 vs Synthmaster One

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1 SynthMaster One

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 am
Absolute garbage! Quality is something you can feel, hear, see and touch. Polished mahogany, for example, is of infinitely higher quality than rough-hewn radiata pine in multiple, quantifiable ways. If quality could not be quantified, we could not have "quality control", could we?
When you say Quality is something YOU can feel, hear, see and touch I am sure you believe very strongly that is an uncertain truth.
But YOU can only speak from your own inner experience.

Use your noggin Bones, you can't prove Quality !!! stop being inchorent.

Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 am
Absolute garbage! Quality is something you can feel, hear, see and touch. Polished mahogany, for example, is of infinitely higher quality than rough-hewn radiata pine in multiple, quantifiable ways. If quality could not be quantified, we could not have "quality control", could we?
When you say Quality is something YOU can feel, hear, see and touch I am sure you believe very strongly that is an uncertain truth.

and yet over and over on hardware forums like Gearslutz (and in the hardware forum on KVR) you hear users constantly talking about the quality of construction of hardware synths and other gear. For example on a hardware synth, it is common to say the knobs are of high quality, very smooth and tight, no wobble (or the opposite).

Not one person argues that they are just making the quality up in their mind. You are the incoherent one, lost in some abstracted concept that has nothing to do with the real world.

I am reasonably sure he's just trying to wind us up. Either that or he's been smoking way too much of some pretty good weed. Still, on the off-chance he's really just an idiot...
Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:25 pmWhen you say Quality is something YOU can feel, hear, see and touch I am sure you believe very strongly that is an uncertain truth.
I believe I was completely coherent. OTOH, I am not sure I understand a word of what you've written. Are you trying to tel me that there is no objective measure to prove that polished mahogany is of higher quality than rough hewn pine? Honestly? How about the arse-slide test, whereby you sit on each and slide your bum across the surface? I think that would be fairly conclusive, don't you?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I always slide my arse all over new furniture to check for quality.. My wife said it's not the action she hates, it's me doing it inside shops, apparently it embarrasses her.

samsam wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 am I always slide my arse all over new furniture to check for quality.. My wife said it's not the action she hates, it's me doing it inside shops, apparently it embarrasses her.
Totally relatable, I haven't done a shit in comfort since applying this test to a recycled Oregon bed nearly 20 years back. The doctors told me that extraction of the resulting splinters would result in a probable fatal rectum perforation, should I survive said surgery, I was likely to suffer the indignity shared with snails and shit up and over my head...

I would suggest that so far your life has been charmed and that you refrain from such activities in the future while you can still enjoy a relatively normal morning crap!

I used to think SM1 was a better alternative to Sylenth1, but after playing with the sylenth1 demo and I already own SM1, I am buying Sylenth1 and it will be my goto. Sounds unbelieveable.
DoomTune.com

kv331 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:02 pm I'm compiling the latest build, and will shortly test that preset.

But I can clearly say this about this preset (vs any sylenth preset): don't compare apples to oranges, because:

1. the oscillators use wavetables ->wavetable algorithms cost more (sylenth doesn't have wavetables, does it ?)
2. the oscillators use fm -> that's also extra cost to do FM (sylenth doesn't have FM, does it ?)
3. the oscillators use bend+ and bend- algorithms -> that's extra cost (sylenth doesn't have any osc algorithms, does it ?)
4. the filter uses Diode Ladder algoritm, which is the costliest among all algorithms. If you wanna know why, go search for Will Pirkle's papers on ZDF implementations!
Just downloaded the newest update and I notice you fixed all the bugs I was complaining on this post, thank you very much to take care of your customers, now I can use this synth on my every day basis!

Now I can say Synthmaster One is a 10/10

V-Future wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm
Just downloaded the newest update and I notice you fixed all the bugs I was complaining on this post, thank you very much to take care of your customers, now I can use this synth on my every day basis!

Now I can say Synthmaster One is a 10/10
Thank you :hug: :party: :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I still can't replace them with anything else,because of charming character these two have :)

Return to “Instruments”