SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 am We've added a master list of what's in SampleTank 4 MAX here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nfo#sounds (bottom of the page).
Wow! :o

That is a very descriptive list, and this looks to be a great collection. Time for a new and much bigger SSD...

Thanks for the list, Peter!

So what sounds would be included in the regular version of ST4? Is there anyway to decipher the list as to what instruments are in which versions?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)
Still a decent price and looking forward to it.

Mike

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:59 am We've added a master list of what's in SampleTank 4 MAX here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... nfo#sounds (bottom of the page).
Are the lists for smaller versions forthcoming? It's starting to feel like
a chess match with the marketing department :o :wink:

so when is the release date Peter?
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Hello Peter

Can I ask if the sounds in other versions of Sampletank are the same sounds with lesser detail or just some sounds are missing from the max version.

Thank you

To make sure that I am reading the list right; looking at, for example:
Red Strat 20,000
Hammer On
Harmonics
Palm Mute Downstroke
Palm Mute Upstroke
Power Chords
Slides
Sustain Downstroke
Sustain Upstroke
Does that mean that:
  • -- there are several Red Stratocaster instruments?
    -- totalling 20 GB?
    -- there are 8 articulations?
    -- each articulation is available as a separate instrument?
    -- there is also a key-switched instrument combining all 8 articulations?
And there are 3 new C7 pianos, 12 GB each?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks for the ST4 Max list. It would also be nice to see a list of what new sounds are included with ST4 standard, as that appears to have 6000 sounds, vs. the 8000 sounds in Max.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

DarkStar wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm To make sure that I am reading the list right; looking at, for example:
Red Strat 20,000
Hammer On
Harmonics
Palm Mute Downstroke
Palm Mute Upstroke
Power Chords
Slides
Sustain Downstroke
Sustain Upstroke
Does that mean that:
  • -- there are several Red Stratocaster instruments?
    -- totalling 20 GB?
    -- there are 8 articulations?
    -- each articulation is available as a separate instrument?
    -- there is also a key-switched instrument combining all 8 articulations?
And there are 3 new C7 pianos, 12 GB each?
Well, synths library takes over 20 gigabytes. Tbh when it comes to synths i do think its quite a waste of space...and for what? for sampled raw oscillator wave files ? :) I think NI aproach was better to implament wavetable synthesis + samples to mimic new analog library :)
Synth 22,600
Andean Pipes PM
Bamboo Flute PM
Formant Pad
Formant Strings
Modeled Breath Bow
Modeled Lead Guitar
Modeled Trumpet
OTA BPF 1-Hi
OTA BPF 2-Mid
OTA BPF 3-Lo
OTA HPF Hi Res
OTA HPF Lo No Res
Pulse 10 1-Osc
Pulse 33 1-Osc
Pulse 50 1-Osc
Pulse 50 2-Osc
Pulse 50 2-Osc+Sine Sub Bass Mix
SampleTank 4 MAX - NEW sounds - master instruments
Pulse 50 2-Osc+Sine Sub Lead Mix
Pulse 50 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Bass Mix
Pulse 50 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Lead Mix
Pulse 50 3-Osc
Pulse 50 18-Osc
PW Swp Fast 1-Osc
PW Swp Fast 3-Osc
PW Swp Med 1-Osc
PW Swp Med 3-Osc
PW Swp Slow 1-Osc
PW Swp Slow 3-Osc
PWM Fast 1-Osc
PWM Fast 2-Osc
PWM Med 1-Osc
PWM Med 2-Osc
PWM Slow 1-Osc
PWM Slow 2-Osc
Saw Down 1-Osc
Saw Down 1-Osc Filtered 1
Saw Down 1-Osc Filtered 2
Saw Down 1-Osc Filtered 3
Saw Down 1-Osc Filtered 4
Saw Down 2-Osc
Saw Down 2-Osc Filtered 5
Saw Down 2-Osc+Sine Sub Bass Mix
Saw Down 2-Osc+Sine Sub Lead Mix
Saw Down 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Bass Mix
Saw Down 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Lead Mix
Saw Down 3-Osc
Saw Down 18-Osc
Saw Up 1-Osc
Saw Up 2-Osc
Saw Up 3-Osc
Sine 1-Osc
Soft Saw Pad 8-Pole Fast
Soft Saw Pad 8-Pole Slow
SampleTank 4 MAX - NEW soun
Sync Saw Static 3-Osc
Sync Saw Static 5th 12-Osc
Sync Saw Static Uni 12-Osc
Sync Sqr Static 3-Osc
Sync Sqr Static 5th 12-Osc
Sync Sqr Static Uni 12-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Fast 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Fast 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Fast 18-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Med 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Med 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Slow 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Slow 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Saw Slow 18-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Fast 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Fast 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Fast 18-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Med 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Med 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Slow 1-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Slow 2-Osc
Sync Sweep Sqr Slow 18-Osc
Transistor French Horn
Tri 1-Osc
Tri 2-Osc
Tri 2-Osc+Sine Sub Bass Mix
Tri 2-Osc+Sine Sub Lead Mix
Tri 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Bass Mix
Tri 2-Osc+Sqr Sub Lead Mix
Tri 3-Osc
Tri-Saw1 1-Osc
Tri-Saw2 1-Osc
Warp Wave 1-Osc
Warp Wave 3-Osc
Waveterminal 8
White Noise Analog 4s
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:39 pm Well, synths library takes over 20 gigabytes. Tbh when it comes to synths i do think its quite a waste of space...
You forgot to append "to me" to the end of your post.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:39 pm Well, synths library takes over 20 gigabytes. Tbh when it comes to synths i do think its quite a waste of space...
You forgot to append "to me" to the end of your post.
i did wrote "i do think" so its my opinion, no need "to me" ;)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm i did wrote "i do think" so its my opinion, no need "to me" ;)
No, "you think" denotes that you think they are a waste of space. You have a specious, unsubstantiated opinion in that case. If you add "for me" or "to me", it provides the proper context of "for your use".
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm i did wrote "i do think" so its my opinion, no need "to me" ;)
No, "you think" denotes that you think they are a waste of space. You have a specious, unsubstantiated opinion in that case. If you add "for me" or "to me", it provides the proper context of "for your use".
Well it is substantiated, i drew a list of whats in those 20 gigs of space, and such space for few oscillator samples (yes few, because the rest of those are repeated with few changes) is a waste. And i did had Syntronik instrument and there were just alot of repeating samples like that. So im talking because i had expierience with such sampled oscillators :) add to that just using a good VA like Diva, Hive or Roland Cloud ect, you will have more authenticity of an analog synth and less wasted space ;)

Defend all you want but saying its a waste of space just to me, its just you being ignorant or just denying that for the sake of an argument to have. Otherwise i dare you give some real argument wich prooves that sampled synth size sample gives a very significant edge :)

I wish we would see more modular kind of default packs to buy.
I am interested in the engine, new GUI and workflow but i do not need all the content.
I would be fine with the 30GB LE version if i could choose which content to get.
Of course a list of what is included in which version should be standard from the beginning.
Last edited by Cinebient on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 am I bought Sampletank in 2003... when it was only 32 bit....

Anyway, I still had extra points and did the Sampletank 4 upgrade and knocked off $59 off the $199.

Ordered the USB/boxed version and there IS a shipping fee of $12.99 (and Florida sales tax)
Still a decent price and looking forward to it.

Mike
That interesting. I ordered the USB/Boxed version too, but was not charged shipping nor TN sales tax.

Return to “Instruments”