Best synth filters?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
goldenanalog
KVRAF
1769 posts since 7 Dec, 2005 from somewhere between analog and digital

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:01 pm

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:27 am
Thanks for compliment,it's really amusing if you think i'm kind of commercial monster hahahah cuz i'm just enthusiast like the rest of us here and like to discuss any opinion and topic about vst synths,sorry if that bother somebody,if we was on a cafe shop i'd talk about same stuff:)I don't know i may look as sales freak but i'm actually poor guy dealing with sound design mainly to improve his skills and eventually to create some interesting stuff - all small amount of money i make go to other music developers...would be really nice if i was able to create VELLTONE Filter,it's super idea if i start imagine it will be silky smooth filter - it will gives nice warm 'color' of the sound but still with it's own temper,it would have extra options to change behavior with modulators ...lot could be created if the imagination is only necessary :):):)Cheerz :)
:hug: - no worries 8)

I like these guys' filters:

https://www.audiorealism.se/audiorealis ... e-pro.html

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4468 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Re: Best synth filters?

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 pm

One often overlooked:

FarFilter Twin

Very tasty filters....

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4468 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:45 am

U-he Repro-5 has some interesting filters, also Tal-Mod.

Gone soft
KVRian
879 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:22 am

The XMF modules of Zebra 2 for me. Love how different the various overdrive modes sound and work for very different types of character, bassheavy or thin yet aggressive etc etc. Filter FM with flexible routing so I can FM the filter from a different source than the soundsource or a polyphonically processed version of the soundsource is great. I'd prefer options for how the resonance behaves though, it might be just what I'm accustomed to but with other filters I think I can crank up the resonance more without it suddenly becoming so overpowering and making everything so similar. Possibly user error, and I'll happily adapt tweaking exstacially at other parameters. :wink:
"Well, I haven't tried anything yet. I need to research solutions
first."

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”