Music Maker - A Free DAW

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
THE INTRANCER
KVRian
915 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:49 pm

I dunno, but I must have been living on the other side of the moon to not know about this..... More than likely though, I was probably too pre-occupied using my current DAW, to actually think about looking for another a few years back... I didn't spend my time circulating KVR on a daily basis either. But anyway.. for those who have been living on the same side of the moon that I have, here's something quite interesting to look at...

https://www.magix.com/us/music/music-maker/
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

tonedef71
KVRian
959 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Re: Music Maker - A Free DAW

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:49 pm
I dunno, but I must have been living on the other side of the moon to not know about this..... More than likely though, I was probably too pre-occupied using my current DAW, to actually think about looking for another a few years back... I didn't spend my time circulating KVR on a daily basis either. But anyway.. for those who have been living on the same side of the moon that I have, here's something quite interesting to look at...

https://www.magix.com/us/music/music-maker/
I own a license to Magix Music Maker Premium 2017. I uninstalled it after I realized it was only a 32-bit DAW. I wonder if Magix ever plans on releasing a 64-bit build of the product.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; Waveform 9; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

flugel45
KVRAF
2142 posts since 9 Jun, 2002 from East of Santa Monica

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 pm

The free version of Music Maker only allows 8 tracks.

Meanwhile Cakewalk by Bandlab is completely free... with unlimited tracks.

Just sayin'. :neutral:

Karma_tba
KVRian
850 posts since 12 Aug, 2004 from Boston, Massachusetts

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 pm

What would be of more interest to me would be if Magix made the latest Acid Pro free for those of us who supported Acid Pro as paying customers. (I paid for every update from ver.2.0 on.) My current DAW is Studio One but I would be curious to see what Magix has done since acquiring it. I downloaded the trial but the time limit kind of put a damper on my on my test drive. From what I could ascertain they hadn't done enough to make it worth the price of admission.

THE INTRANCER
KVRian

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 am

tonedef71 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm
I own a license to Magix Music Maker Premium 2017. I uninstalled it after I realized it was only a 32-bit DAW. I wonder if Magix ever plans on releasing a 64-bit build of the product.
Edited .

So are you saying that it won't run on a Windows 64 Bit ? Or are you saying you uninstalled it because it's limited in the amount of memory it can allocate ?

Edit 2..

It will run under Windows 64 Bit, but the download server throttles your download of it, so you've to keep starting and stopping the download vie the stop and continue button every few seconds to maintain a high speed, otherwise it takes forever vie standard ADSL.

Some areas like the menu's look like they are from 2001, but otherwise it looks kinda fun to tinker with.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

tonedef71
KVRian
959 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:16 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 am
So are you saying that it won't run on a Windows 64 Bit ? Or are you saying you uninstalled it because it's limited in the amount of memory it can allocate ?

Edit 2..

It will run under Windows 64 Bit,
As a 32-bit audio application, it runs fine on Windows 64-bit, but it will not load my installed 64-bit VST/VSTi plugins. I need the 64-bit support because I no longer install 32-bit VST/VSTi plugins anymore.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; Waveform 9; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

excuse me please
KVRist
129 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:57 pm

Not exactly a free DAW; all their samples do have copyright.

THE INTRANCER
KVRian

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 am

excuse me please wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:57 pm
Not exactly a free DAW; all their samples do have copyright.
Well, nobody would ever know if you had altered the samples to be completely unrecognisable to the original ones and used in a musical piece of work along side other instrumentation. But given the gigabytes of free royalty samples and those of which are provided by other Daws that you have paid for... it's not something that you could ever be chased up upon....
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens
KVRAF
19218 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:00 am

It's to Samplitude what Garage Band is to Logic.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”