Music Maker - A Free DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dunno, but I must have been living on the other side of the moon to not know about this..... More than likely though, I was probably too pre-occupied using my current DAW, to actually think about looking for another a few years back... I didn't spend my time circulating KVR on a daily basis either. But anyway.. for those who have been living on the same side of the moon that I have, here's something quite interesting to look at...

https://www.magix.com/us/music/music-maker/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:49 pm I dunno, but I must have been living on the other side of the moon to not know about this..... More than likely though, I was probably too pre-occupied using my current DAW, to actually think about looking for another a few years back... I didn't spend my time circulating KVR on a daily basis either. But anyway.. for those who have been living on the same side of the moon that I have, here's something quite interesting to look at...

https://www.magix.com/us/music/music-maker/
I own a license to Magix Music Maker Premium 2017. I uninstalled it after I realized it was only a 32-bit DAW. I wonder if Magix ever plans on releasing a 64-bit build of the product.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

The free version of Music Maker only allows 8 tracks.

Meanwhile Cakewalk by Bandlab is completely free... with unlimited tracks.

Just sayin'. :neutral:

What would be of more interest to me would be if Magix made the latest Acid Pro free for those of us who supported Acid Pro as paying customers. (I paid for every update from ver.2.0 on.) My current DAW is Studio One but I would be curious to see what Magix has done since acquiring it. I downloaded the trial but the time limit kind of put a damper on my on my test drive. From what I could ascertain they hadn't done enough to make it worth the price of admission.

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:32 am I own a license to Magix Music Maker Premium 2017. I uninstalled it after I realized it was only a 32-bit DAW. I wonder if Magix ever plans on releasing a 64-bit build of the product.
Edited .

So are you saying that it won't run on a Windows 64 Bit ? Or are you saying you uninstalled it because it's limited in the amount of memory it can allocate ?

Edit 2..

It will run under Windows 64 Bit, but the download server throttles your download of it, so you've to keep starting and stopping the download vie the stop and continue button every few seconds to maintain a high speed, otherwise it takes forever vie standard ADSL.

Some areas like the menu's look like they are from 2001, but otherwise it looks kinda fun to tinker with.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 pm So are you saying that it won't run on a Windows 64 Bit ? Or are you saying you uninstalled it because it's limited in the amount of memory it can allocate ?

Edit 2..

It will run under Windows 64 Bit,
As a 32-bit audio application, it runs fine on Windows 64-bit, but it will not load my installed 64-bit VST/VSTi plugins. I need the 64-bit support because I no longer install 32-bit VST/VSTi plugins anymore.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Not exactly a free DAW; all their samples do have copyright.

excuse me please wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:57 am Not exactly a free DAW; all their samples do have copyright.
Well, nobody would ever know if you had altered the samples to be completely unrecognisable to the original ones and used in a musical piece of work along side other instrumentation. But given the gigabytes of free royalty samples and those of which are provided by other Daws that you have paid for... it's not something that you could ever be chased up upon....
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's to Samplitude what Garage Band is to Logic.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”