Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:55 pm
mholloway wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:36 pmAFAIC, showing modulation results in realtime is the present and future of good soft-synth design. Serum and Avenger both do it very well, without (apparent) CPU hit or a "too busy" look.
Serum is CPU heavy and Avenger takes something like 900MB of RAM per instance. Neither of them are exactly resource light...
And neither of those numbers are results of having modulation results in realtime. Serum is CPU heavy because of extremely oversampled oscillators, and Avenger just has a ton of shit going on. :)

flocked wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:41 am A small mistake I noted on the Presswerk website. If you open the link for resident advisors review, it directs to their Hive review. :) And "releasetime" review quote is just "???".
Thanks for noticing. I'll give a look!

Alchemy in Logic does this brilliantly, as I've mentioned before.

I think some people prefer minimal or no visual feedback, and find it difficult to see it as anything other than redundant/distracting/messy. The reality is for a lot of people (but not all) - good, well-designed visual feedback is a huge workflow boost. Visualising envelopes, signal path, modulation etc - if implemented well like Alchemy - is very, very useful when I'm trying to do lots of stuff in the middle of a big project. It's nothing to do with wanting the synth to look more fancy/pretty - it's all about utilitarianism.

Not everyone learns/works in the same way - some prefer no feedback at all. But for the others, subtle, well-designed and implemented visual feedback is a big, big reason to use one synth over another.

Hi. I like the idea of having visual modulation feedback. I can imagine that some people, maybe including Urs, don't like that at all and I think it would be a great thing to have it option wise to switch it on/ off via menu. Can't be so hard. Looking to Melda or Glitchmachines stuff it shows that such visualisations do not have to be blinky-style at all.
I guess the main advantages would be to re-engineer a patch made by someone else or trying to understand a self made patch after a longer time returning to it for further programming.

Another thing are the limited numbers of LFOs in every U-HE plugin, except ZEBRA. This isn't up to date, we are not working in times of mono analog synth where even 2 LFOs already were considered as luxury. I know I am repeating myself here. Excuse me please but I find this of utmost importance :)

With all that criticism I hope you'll always consider it constructive and want to add that I am very happy that U-HE exists, what they do, how cool their plugins are (for me some dreams came true I couldn't afford since I started early 90th) and how close they are with their customers and that all regarded over such a long duration of time.

I wish all of you a very great Christmas time with all your loved ones and a little time to relax and feel the joy from everything which is important to you.

:hug:

Regarding the sub oscillators in Hive, are there good reasons why we can't have independent control of their phase? I'm sorry if this has been asked before; I have a feeling it has, but I couldn't find it in this thread and I got too many hits while trying to search within the main u-he forum. Thanks!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm Regarding the sub oscillators in Hive, are there good reasons why we can't have independent control of their phase? I'm sorry if this has been asked before; I have a feeling it has, but I couldn't find it in this thread and I got too many hits while trying to search within the main u-he forum. Thanks!
Not sure, but modulating an oscillator's phase doesn't affect the SUB as long as its Wave isn't set to "like Osc", so there is a certain degree of independence.

Howard wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 pm
PieBerger wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm Regarding the sub oscillators in Hive, are there good reasons why we can't have independent control of their phase? I'm sorry if this has been asked before; I have a feeling it has, but I couldn't find it in this thread and I got too many hits while trying to search within the main u-he forum. Thanks!
Not sure, but modulating an oscillator's phase doesn't affect the SUB as long as its Wave isn't set to "like Osc", so there is a certain degree of independence.
Thanks for your response. Ideally I would like to be able to select each sub osc phase and modulate them independently. The end result I have in mind is to use 3 of the 4 oscillators as sinewaves, tuned to specific pitches so that I can phase cancel (or boost) harmonics in a saw wave in osc 4. This is specifically for tonal shaping of psytrance basslines, that tracks the root pitch at the patch level. I can control a single harmonic at the moment, but it would be nice to have the two sub osc available for the same duties. It's a pretty niche requirement, but if there are other benefits to be had by making them available for modulation and or it's not too difficult to implement, I would be very happy indeed to see it in a future update!
Always Read the Manual!

LFO8 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:26 pm
dune_rave wrote:Suggestion for all u-he synths that heve "lock" feature:

Currently lock works on parameter level but I think it should be work on higher "module" level, like you say "lock arp" or "lock filer" or "lock effects" or lock "sequencer" or "lock Oscillators". Someone earlier suggested here lock arp for hive... I didn't see others asking this, maybe I haven't searched enough...

Is it just me, or others would like this too?

For example this video is about Omnisphere and it's sound lock feature, this locks many sections with a click of a button: https://youtu.be/YMT_02UmmMY
I think if U-he synths could do this (locking whole modules), that would be awesome...
A big fat +1 to this. Especially usefull for Zebra.
Another big +1 for this. Would be awesome to have in the next update of Zebra!

Just a quick suggestion:
would like to have an option in Bazille to manage cables with click-n-click instead of drag-n-drop (would feel a bit easier).
Another suggestion - guys, don't underestimate Bazille. For some of us it's more powerful then Zebra ;))))))))))))
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Yes, Bazille is an amazing synth. I hope it'll get some love too after all the Hive and Zebra updates are done :)

Huge Bazille fan too. At times I just wish it had more Multiplexes.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Hello there! Its a new year so I figured its time to re-drop my 2 cents. My biggest wish for diva and repro is to give them a standard regular (and maybe boring) modmatrix. Just so I can do more expressive stuff when tweaking a patch, like route more things to velocity and modwheel. In this case i feel like this is a limitation for these synths that make them harder for me to use.

Hello dear Urs and Team, please tell me some about Zebra 3:
1. Is it planned to add new spectral effects of oscillators? (I very hope their number will not be reduced).
2. Do you plan to change the filter algorithms? Not analog modeling, but with new developments (can there be digital ZDF filters?).
Very thanks!

2. That's a yes.

For a few years I've been using basically nothing else than Bazille. And I really feel I'm constantly hitting the limits towards aliasing. It's very inconvenient having to up project sample rate for one or two instances of heavily patched out instances of Bazille, where very slight parameter changes can bring a world of difference. Or sometimes when I purposely use aliasing in one instance and then need higher oversampling in another – changing the sample rate destroys the first sound. HQ switch just isn't enough.

I used Cypher some years ago and really loved that I had a choice between various oversampling rates.

Also I'm finding myself unable to modulate envelope amp when triggered by an LFO. +5V to CV to EnvAmpMod doesn't do a thing, strangely. Of course I could patch it through Multiplex, but such simple feature, I believe, should not require this when there's EnvAmpMod and Velocity sensitivity available that could (and should) be appropriated for such use.
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “u-he”