DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

blogga5 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 pm How hard would it be to change the colours for the Play mode please? Would this be something I could edit in the script?
That is simple. You find the colors here: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... olors.java

May i have a suggestion concerning a cool functionality (and there are certainly other good stuff on it) on the AKAI Force that perhaps could be integrated in push 2 (and other pad controllers like launchpad ?) for bitwig ? the split pad that we can see on this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... zHFXo5gbJI
From 13'45 to 14'18
from a 4x4 drum pad . you push one pad (here is a bass) and in another area a 4x4 pad make it change the pitch of this specific pad . that's really smart :) and seems pretty cool.
do you think this is possible to do on your script ?

killmaster wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:17 am Does this script work with Bitwig 8-track (v 2.5 beta 4)? Doesn't to show up for me...

EDIT: Oops, apologies, I just found it!
I may have spoken too soon! The Flexi doesn't seem to work with 8-track 3.5 beta 4. The CC#s don't get detected in the Flexi controller interface. Also, the Loop function on my KK S61 Mk. 1 only flashes on and doesn't toggle on I've noticed. I followed the videos closely but can't seem to get it to work. Maybe its just the 8-track version that is messed up?

I need some help with setup please. I upgraded my license to 2.5 beta 4 and am still unable to figure out how to get these extensions working. If I load the DrivenByMoss extension devices for my KK S61 Mk. 1, I not longer have access to the CC#s on the dials that are assigned in NI Controller Editor and the transport buttons actually send MIDI notes to my tracks. I must be doing something basically wrong. I've tried all combinations of scripts, like loading the generic Bitwig S61 Mk. 1 scripts along with the DrivenByMoss scripts. I've watched all the 2 videos pertaining to Flexi and Mk. 1 install. Can someone please tell me which scripts I need to have loaded and how to set this up properly?

Bitwig 2.5 beta 4, iMac w 24gigs RAM, OSX 10.14.2

killmaster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm I need some help with setup please. I upgraded my license to 2.5 beta 4 and am still unable to figure out how to get these extensions working. If I load the DrivenByMoss extension devices for my KK S61 Mk. 1, I not longer have access to the CC#s on the dials that are assigned in NI Controller Editor and the transport buttons actually send MIDI notes to my tracks. I must be doing something basically wrong. I've tried all combinations of scripts, like loading the generic Bitwig S61 Mk. 1 scripts along with the DrivenByMoss scripts. I've watched all the 2 videos pertaining to Flexi and Mk. 1 install. Can someone please tell me which scripts I need to have loaded and how to set this up properly?

You cannot combine the different scripts/extensions. Use either the Bitwig one, Generic Flexi (from DrivenByMoss) or Kontrol MkI (from DrivenByMoss).
I suggest to use my specific Kontrol MkI implementation because it provides the most features. But this extension takes over the whole device via USB, you cannot (and don't have to) map any CC (use remote controls and macros). The tutorial video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAUX4rThFw

Thanks for the clarification moss!!!

OMG! I had no idea how extensive this is! Thank you so much for this!!! Using the Komplete Kontrol S61 script, I am curious why some device's parameters show up and others don't? For instance, ArcSyn, U-he Bazille and Replika XT show up but not U-he ACE or Microtonic or Reaktor running Skanner XT.

killmaster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 am OMG! I had no idea how extensive this is! Thank you so much for this!!! Using the Komplete Kontrol S61 script, I am curious why some device's parameters show up and others don't? For instance, ArcSyn, U-he Bazille and Replika XT show up but not U-he ACE or Microtonic or Reaktor running Skanner XT.
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeK9cGfNDeo

moss wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 am
Watch this:
Thank you ! Great explanation in the vid!

Of course you also need the device panels

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998&hilit=panel

moss wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:56 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm I need some help with setup please. I upgraded my license to 2.5 beta 4 and am still unable to figure out how to get these extensions working. If I load the DrivenByMoss extension devices for my KK S61 Mk. 1, I not longer have access to the CC#s on the dials that are assigned in NI Controller Editor and the transport buttons actually send MIDI notes to my tracks. I must be doing something basically wrong. I've tried all combinations of scripts, like loading the generic Bitwig S61 Mk. 1 scripts along with the DrivenByMoss scripts. I've watched all the 2 videos pertaining to Flexi and Mk. 1 install. Can someone please tell me which scripts I need to have loaded and how to set this up properly?

You cannot combine the different scripts/extensions. Use either the Bitwig one, Generic Flexi (from DrivenByMoss) or Kontrol MkI (from DrivenByMoss).
I suggest to use my specific Kontrol MkI implementation because it provides the most features. But this extension takes over the whole device via USB, you cannot (and don't have to) map any CC (use remote controls and macros). The tutorial video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qAUX4rThFw
Has that changed, I was using the generic flexi to enable device control and the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 for transport, but for some reason it stopped working with the latest update, is that why?

In the Remote Controls Editor, I see no way to manually select what type of data the parameter is delivering. For instance, I'm trying to map remote controls to switches that have 3 possible positions and toggle which has only 2, in the case of ACE and Buchla synths.

The continuous value (1-127) dial mappings work fine, but these toggle and switch parameters do not. In the manual it says that Bitwig will detect the type of data being accessed but it doesn't for me. Microtonic has switches and toggles which map, but always map to a continuous dial. They work but are inconvenient cause of the amount of dial turning required. In the case of ACE, the lists and switches and toggles map to a dial instead of the correct button type and the dials don't work at all.

Is there a trick to this?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 pm Has that changed, I was using the generic flexi to enable device control and the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 for transport, but for some reason it stopped working with the latest update, is that why?
The question was about Mk 1 not Mk 2. What is your problem with the Mk 2?

killmaster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 pm In the Remote Controls Editor, I see no way to manually select what type of data the parameter is delivering. For instance, I'm trying to map remote controls to switches that have 3 possible positions and toggle which has only 2, in the case of ACE and Buchla synths.

The continuous value (1-127) dial mappings work fine, but these toggle and switch parameters do not. In the manual it says that Bitwig will detect the type of data being accessed but it doesn't for me. Microtonic has switches and toggles which map, but always map to a continuous dial. They work but are inconvenient cause of the amount of dial turning required. In the case of ACE, the lists and switches and toggles map to a dial instead of the correct button type and the dials don't work at all.

Is there a trick to this?
You should contact Bitwig support.

moss wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:41 pm Has that changed, I was using the generic flexi to enable device control and the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 for transport, but for some reason it stopped working with the latest update, is that why?
The question was about Mk 1 not Mk 2. What is your problem with the Mk 2?
It's just no longer mapping Komplete Kontrol 2 (S Series Mark 2) to device params for some reason, I can still learn them but the automapping is not working using the flexi script.

Return to “Controller Scripting”