TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

zvenx wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:03 pm I do miss the earlier option where we could enter, copy and paste colour values directly in the GUI. But indeed I like your colour scheme.
thanks for sharing.

On Mac it is ~/Library/Application Support/ToguAudioLine/Tal-Mod.xml
rsp
Thank you!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:36 am
mholloway wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 pm I agree with you Sidom, in his attempt to make the envelopes flexible, he's actually just made them more frustrating to use. The values are extreme, as you've pointed out, the end resulting being entering 2 envelopes (one via the sliders, the other via the knobs) to create what you normally would do with just one.
Some softsynths only have a linear attack phase , talmod gives us 3 possible options for every envelope stage , which imho is a good thing . :tu:
The envelope knobs crossfade between exponential (fully left ) , linear (middle pos.) and log. ( fully right ) .

So yes , the decay anwill be shorter when the knob is turned fully left , this has the same effect as multiplying 2 envelopes , hence exponential >

But there is more to it , patrick said that the envelopes are modelled on the behaviour of diodes .
All that being said , I do think the envelope sliders need an overhaul , the resolution just seems a bit off , sometimes it's verry difficult to find that sweet spot .
Also when you move a slider say from 0.32--->0.33 ( display read out ), there are values in between that are not shown but do have an effect , just hold down CTRL for fine tuning .
I agree, fully. I've been trying TAL-Mod, and tweaking the envelopes are really frustrating. There is something really off with them, I just can't reach what I want (despite this synth being designed to be a "fast results" one, I suppose). It sounds gorgeous, but I'm going to wait and see a little, before considering buying it.

I love this synth. The only request I have is a more powerful distortion option; the saturation algo is too "polite" to my taste.

Love this plugin. Nothing to complain about apart from one very major problem:- TAL Mod's display will not show the settings for any parameters that you are manually adjusting if you are also automating any of it's parameters at that same moment in time. TAL Mod will always display any currently automated parameter's settings rather than show the settings of any parameter you may be adjusting manually at the same time. Never had this problem in any other plugin. Just sent a TAL Support Request Form regarding this.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

alvfaria wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm I love this synth. The only request I have is a more powerful distortion option; the saturation algo is too "polite" to my taste.
It has been said numerous times .
The drive is NOT intended as your standard post filter saturation , but rather part of the filters topology ,iow inside the filter's feedback loop.
Just how analog filters behave , + talmod gives the option to adjust this drive which makes people think it must be some kind of POST overdrive effect .
It's a verry good modelled filter with an adjustable filter drive :tu:

If you increase the filter drive on cytomic 'the drop' , it behaves the same way (depending on selected filter ), and that is one finest analogue modelled filters ever created .
It 's kinda funny , we get al these amazing analogue modelled goodies and some userse don't really understand/know how their real world counterparts behave .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

alvfaria wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:36 pm I love this synth. The only request I have is a more powerful distortion option; the saturation algo is too "polite" to my taste.
Yes, nice synth.
I would like to see more smooth saturation distortion.
It not bad now, but just warmer and rounder.

TheSynthScientist wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm
Yes, nice synth.
I would like to see more smooth saturation distortion.
It not bad now, but just warmer and rounder.
I love the sound as is, but have gotten great results following with Creative Intent Tantrum.

Quite good fat sound!

For those who would want to hear some sound examples of Tal-Mod, 10 YT videos using Talisman sounds (some with separate instruments and other minitracks with several Tal-Mod instances)

Here's one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pJfyASz8A4
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm Love this plugin. Nothing to complain about apart from one very major problem:- TAL Mod's display will not show the settings for any parameters that you are manually adjusting if you are also automating any of it's parameters at that same moment in time. TAL Mod will always display any currently automated parameter's settings rather than show the settings of any parameter you may be adjusting manually at the same time. Never had this problem in any other plugin. Just sent a TAL Support Request Form regarding this.
Got a reply back from Patrick 20 minutes after sending the support request:-
Thanks for the report. I did notice this too, i just don't have a
solution for it at the moment, but it's in our backlog. I recommend to
disable automation while you need to see the actual value as a work
around.

Just go another email from Patrick (approx. 13 hours after sending the support request):-
Hi I was able to solve this. It will be changed in the next update

Wahooooo!! Love this guy and his plugins!! :tu:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm Love this plugin. Nothing to complain about apart from one very major problem:- TAL Mod's display will not show the settings for any parameters that you are manually adjusting if you are also automating any of it's parameters at that same moment in time. TAL Mod will always display any currently automated parameter's settings rather than show the settings of any parameter you may be adjusting manually at the same time. Never had this problem in any other plugin. Just sent a TAL Support Request Form regarding this.
Got a reply back from Patrick 20 minutes after sending the support request:-
Thanks for the report. I did notice this too, i just don't have a
solution for it at the moment, but it's in our backlog. I recommend to
disable automation while you need to see the actual value as a work
around.

Just go another email from Patrick (approx. 13 hours after sending the support request):-
Hi I was able to solve this. It will be changed in the next update

Wahooooo!! Love this guy and his plugins!! :tu:
Patrick is phenomenal.
I too have had similar stories.
I tell him about a bug, then I don't hear from him for an hour or two
then he tells me the fix is up.
rsp
sound sculptist

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:20 am Quite good fat sound!
IMO, it is THE under rated analog modeling soft synth. Really amazing when you consider the price.

New update is out , now added triplets and dotted timing to the sequencer >
And because it's a TAL tradition , he's got it wrong again :)
Dotted plays as triplets ...etc...
Seriously Patrick , grab a theory book :)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

reverb after delay
yay

Dave

dave dove wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:53 pm reverb after delay
yay

Dave
Not for me. I prefer reverb › delay.

Return to “Instruments”