UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm
sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: there’s one request (from what I remember) for midi out in 300+ pages of this thread and suddenly all the knights in shining armor are all over this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mostly you're attracting attention by being childish. You literally claimed the feature was not a popular request or really useful, when confronted with multiple people who like the idea and explain it's uses, you get rude etc. Notice not a soul has come to your defense? I would say you're trolling, but I think it's more you cannot admit you're wrong about something, or that you're ideas are not shared by everyone, i.e. you're acting like a child.
As you can see from any thead, popular requests are actually, you know, requested. Did any of the people here previously asked for this? I suppose no. Do they go to every daw manuacturer and vsti to request this “vital” feature? Again, I’d suppose they don’t. So, after all, is this midi out feature REALLY that popular and a huge deal breaker as some folks over here make it look like?

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:10 pm As you can see from any thead, popular requests are actually, you know, requested. Did any of the people here previously asked for this? I suppose no.
You suppose, so you were rude about your supposition. Good idea.
Do they go to every daw manuacturer and vsti to request this “vital” feature? Again, I’d suppose they don’t. So, after all, is this midi out feature REALLY that popular and a huge deal breaker as some folks over here make it look like?
Straw man, not everyone is freaking out about MIDI out... Generally I tend to list feature requests I want in updates rather than argue with people about their choices for feature requests. If it's something that requires a complete rewrite then I might mention that, but this wouldn't I would think. I would like multicore support in Falcon, but I'm willing to concede that other people might have requests that are easier to implement and benefit a larger portion of the audience.

Again, here is my supposition. You use Logic, Logic cannot do MIDI out from a AUi. Logic's MIDI needs serious work IMO. You're exhibiting Stockholm syndrome over a feature request! You're literally assuming a lot of things to justify your over the top reaction to a simple MIDI out comparison between IMO two soft synths that aren't that comparable in the first place. If you had wanted a justifiable over the top reaction it could have been about the lack of real similarity between the two instruments being compared.

Instead like a good little sycophant you rabidly defend your owner (Logic) against it's one Achilles heal. :hihi:

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm As it is and with the slow loading of libraries and the tacked on MPE script etc., I use it relatively rarely. :shrug:
I actually like the MPE script. room for improvement of course, but it was a big reason I got back into Falcon. The only MPE native synth I own is Cypher 2 though, Seaboard Block comes with a useless stripped down Equator.
Well, the problem I have is, that it only works for patches that don't use other scripts already. Most of the libraries I'd like to play with MPE just don't work with the script, so it's a bit like the hardcoded "surround support" in Falcon - it's somehow there, but in the end it's useless in many/most cases since there is no usable panning and routing.
When I do my own sounds, the MPE script is usable, although I have a hard time to understand why it was implemented the way it was. It doesn't look to me like it was done by somebody really being into MPE. Maybe one day I will try to script my own take on it, but somehow Falcon always leaves me a bit annoyed with it's convoluted patch saving and all the other smaller or larger strange decisions the devs made.
If MPE instruments weren't still rare, I don't think I'd bother with Falcon in that regard in it's current state.

Cypher is okayish (don't like the GUI much though), Equator is strange but rather good in many ways, has some really nice sounds in there and at least it speaks MPE natively. The u-he synths are pretty good with MPE too.
My main hope is AAS updating their physical modelling synths with MPE, but not sure if it will happen.

I haven't found an MPE capable instrument I totally love yet.
Thankfully the Bitwig factory instruments are pretty good :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm As it is and with the slow loading of libraries and the tacked on MPE script etc., I use it relatively rarely. :shrug:
I actually like the MPE script. room for improvement of course, but it was a big reason I got back into Falcon. The only MPE native synth I own is Cypher 2 though, Seaboard Block comes with a useless stripped down Equator.
Well, the problem I have is, that it only works for patches that don't use other scripts already. Most of the libraries I'd like to play with MPE just don't work with the script, so it's a bit like the hardcoded "surround support" in Falcon - it's somehow there, but in the end it's useless in many/most cases since there is no usable panning and routing.
When I do my own sounds, the MPE script is usable, although I have a hard time to understand why it was implemented the way it was. It doesn't look to me like it was done by somebody really being into MPE. Maybe one day I will try to script my own take on it, but somehow Falcon always leaves me a bit annoyed with it's convoluted patch saving and all the other smaller or larger strange decisions the devs made.
If MPE instruments weren't still rare, I don't think I'd bother with Falcon in that regard in it's current state.

Cypher is okayish (don't like the GUI much though), Equator is strange but rather good in many ways, has some really nice sounds in there and at least it speaks MPE natively. The u-he synths are pretty good with MPE too.
My main hope is AAS updating their physical modelling synths with MPE, but not sure if it will happen.

I haven't found an MPE capable instrument I totally love yet.
Thankfully the Bitwig factory instruments are pretty good :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Totally understand, I own quite a few UVI libraries and it's annoying none of them work with the script!

I like the Cypher2 GUI, but I own a Raven and it's always nice to not have to zoom in on some skeuomorphic GUI with tiny buttons etc. So any resizable GUI is going to get props from me.

Depending on how much I get into the Block I might eventually get the Rise 49, can't justify spending $79 for the Equator upgrade. I would have to sell for cheap, since it's still a niche synth, only people with a Roli will be fully into it.

Is there a bug with total recall of macro faders in Logic Pro X?

Seems if I stop a song towards its end and then reset song to beginning, then quit Logic.
The next time I open and play from beginning, the values of the macro faders are the same as the automation at the end of the song but the macro faders themselves are set correct when opening the AU and looking at the Falcon ui.

If I just stop and hit reset song position to start, and then play again everythings fine.
I haven't found a repro-scenario but something is not recalling correctly when using automation of the macro faders for sure.

Someoneelse?
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

I discover graphic bugs in 1.6.5 version for Digital EQ. Sometimes it start show corrupted lines in low frequencies. When audio stops, the last low frequency start raise to maximum and then it fill whole EQ screen and sometimes it start blinking very fast. Unfortunately I have no time to discover how to reproduce it, maybe this help: I use lot of Digital EQ, for example one on Layer rack and two inside Effect Rack. Also I have 13 instruments with Digital EQ, inside one Falcon instance.

Second bug is unexpected crashes, for example when I click on different instrument during playback, or after add adsr envelope module and click on Preset. In my opinion, the crashes are when I start editing fast and module is not fully loaded (maybe I am wrong). Maybe prevent get changes while GUI is loading in to memory and make it accesible after everything is loaded.
Those crashes are happened only when I have lots of instruments inside Falcon.

Hopefully those of you that found bugs will email them to UVI. Don't expect them to read KVR. :phones:

I am just going to say thanks for making a manual with a dark background. Such a pleasure to read on my phone!

I love Falcon and how versatile it is. If I could wish for one thing, it would be some kind of "analog drift" or "slop" parameter for the Analog and Analog Stack oscillators. I know there are workarounds with modulators, but it would be nice to have :-)

That's why the modulators exist. Use Drunk. :)

Where is SEARCH section in Falcon (v1.6.5 x64)'s file browser?
UVIWorkstation (v3.0.5 x64) has SEARCH section in file browser, and thus I can Reset Database.
But I can't do that in Falcon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You're on the wrong tab. Press the magnifier button right next to the folder button in that right pane. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am You're on the wrong tab. Press the magnifier button right next to the folder button in that right pane. :)
I already know the seperate search tab (magnifier button). But I can't find Reset Database function in falcon. I saw the Search section in the falcon manual.

I'm not sure you can do that. Not sure if there's any need to do so anyways, as libraries are always scanned upon instantiating Falcon (if automount is enabled), which to me seems also updates the database.

UnWorldly wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:17 am I found it!

falcon.db file in C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\Falcon

deleting that and re-launching falcon allowed me to refresh the index. Posting it here in hope that it helps others with the same issue.
I solved the problem with this comment. thanks.
If this is missing function, I think it should be fixed.

Return to “Instruments”