Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Yeah baby, yeah!!!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Too bad no video from namm.
I read Xhun audio has plans for future products.
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/xhun-audi ... 2019-43941

No future products have been shown in advance @ NAMM , it's too early for that...

Where’s the changelog?

great synth but, for me, gui is clumsy. it's a little tedious having to select each oscillator before editing parameters. would be great if it was all on one screen.
i would be well interested in that.

Exciting news, looking forward to the new version.

Why is it that the presets of the Daniel Stawczyk soundsets ("Analog FREEgures" and "220V") cannot be loaded like all the other sounds? Each single sound has to be loaded via the LOAD button. You cannot even use the previous/next buttons. Which, in the end, makes it quite (or maybe too) tedious to use these libraries. Could this problem be solved by an update? What is the technical difference between Daniel's and your own soundsets?

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:35 am Where’s the changelog?
Here !

https://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.ph ... ouncements

Changes in LittleOne version 3.1.0:

# Support for all commercial Expansions from Xhun Audio

# Low-level code improvements on the GUI side

inkwarp wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 am great synth but, for me, gui is clumsy. it's a little tedious having to select each oscillator before editing parameters. would be great if it was all on one screen.
Hi, yeah, that old, good question... :)

version 3.x will maintain the same "hardware" interface - then, maybe it will be time to... move on !

PS : There had been a long discussion about that aspect : I already considered everything and... started taking measurements.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-musician wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:24 am Exciting news, looking forward to the new version.

Why is it that the presets of the Daniel Stawczyk soundsets ("Analog FREEgures" and "220V") cannot be loaded like all the other sounds? Each single sound has to be loaded via the LOAD button. You cannot even use the previous/next buttons. Which, in the end, makes it quite (or maybe too) tedious to use these libraries. Could this problem be solved by an update? What is the technical difference between Daniel's and your own soundsets?
Exactly, currently official and 3rd party presets libraries are held in different ways - further, the making of a simple guideline / standard would be a good way to improve it.

PS: Single Presets are always fully compatible and fully supported (also in future versions). That discussion is about how presets are (or could be) organized in libraries...

xhunaudio wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:17 pm
inkwarp wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 am great synth but, for me, gui is clumsy. it's a little tedious having to select each oscillator before editing parameters. would be great if it was all on one screen.
Hi, yeah, that old, good question... :)

version 3.x will maintain the same "hardware" interface - then, maybe it will be time to... move on !

PS : There had been a long discussion about that aspect : I already considered everything and... started taking measurements.
Cool, this synth is realy sounding amazing, but the GUI is nothing for me too. I can understand that you want to keep the liitle phatty hardware look, but you can consider a second gui - like for your abc menu, a modern overview GUI, where you can see and tweak all parameters at once (without selecting the knob).
Also The preset managment for third party and own presets should be optimized, that we don't have to load a single sound in a folder.
If you can solve these two topics, I think i am not the only one, who want's to buy this, it can become a very successfull synth, the sound is outstanding and competing with the top VA-Synths. But the GUI does't invite to tweak yet

Cool.

sacer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:24 pm I can understand that you want to keep the liitle phatty hardware look, but you can consider a second gui - like for your abc menu, a modern overview GUI, where you can see and tweak all parameters at once (without selecting the knob).
Exactly , when LittleOne GUI will be upgraded, the "legacy" interface will be dismissed in favour of the new one (all knobs at once). That will be the main interface (all the "extras" will be accessible from the embedded O.S.).

PS : An additional audio demo available on Soundcloud ...

Northern Stars (Expansion)

https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/littl ... -expansion

Ciao Bruno,

Perhaps you could allow the plugin to show the presets name (when saved in user folder)?
When I close a project and reopen it again, I am not able to see, which preset is the actual one.

And another thing. I would like to see the effect section on the "A" panel -> not on the "C".
Too much clicking between editing the synth and the fx.

Have a nice NAMM! 8)
The average bored guy

it's still a great sounding synth, despite my gripes : )

Return to “Instruments”