Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:02 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm it sucks, still no news... :/ i want to compare it too bad to unfilter
I already compared both and bought Unfilter...
oh, how come? :) this would be great for me cause i would save money :hug:
I‘m on Mac. I tested both as demo. For my workflow Unfilter was the best. So I bought when it was on sale before Xmas.

Gulfoss was too intransparent for me in what it‘s really doing. To much trial and error. Or phrased differently: to much magic and too little science.

But as always: tastes differ and everyone should demo by himself.
thx martin, i got unfilter since months and i think it is best to dial around 0.15 - 0.30 cause more raises mostly the highs so much it sounds too HIFI on everything. sure you can set the weight but i think more than 3/4 dial in is not needed. the rest i didnt use much yet in it.
IMO all Zynaptiq FX should not be driven too far...

Looks like it could be another month or two for Windows users.
FAQ: When will Windows Early Access start?

We hope to start Windows Early Access sometime early 2019. To be the first to know about it, please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page

Can Unfilter do automatic unmasking of clashing frequencies on the master buss as well? Someone seemed to suggest it when I asked about Vitalizer vs Gullfoss for automatic unmasking and clarity, but I haven't been able to find anything on automatic unmasking with Unfilter. "Removes filtering effects, such as comb filtering, resonance, or excessive equalization" really doesn't seem like what I want to do, especially since I'm using effects like Byome to add resonance and filtering and Contemporary Color for saturation/EQ....

(Incidentally, I spent what I'd budgeted for Gullfoss on Vitalizer and Vocal Enhancer, even though I've only gotten so-so results with them so far.)

Windows version available from end of February 2019
:clap:

They're also going iLok (not sure which version). Doesn't bother me, but will definitely send some into orbit.

EDIT: They're supporting all three versions of iLok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqy68RoEKao

you know it's a balanced mix when you put gullfoss on master and it doesn't do more than 3dB adjustment when tame is at 200% :p

if soundtheory is reading:
- if/when pace is mandatory i'm selling it the same moment.

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:25 pm you know it's a balanced mix when you put gullfoss on master and it doesn't do more than 3dB adjustment when tame is at 200% :p

And I’ll happily buy it from you :)

simmo75 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 am
Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:25 pm you know it's a balanced mix when you put gullfoss on master and it doesn't do more than 3dB adjustment when tame is at 200% :p

And I’ll happily buy it from you :)
can't since i can still run old method of authorization. :)

Any new news for us looking for news on the new pc version that isn't released yet so it isn't technically new, but prenew?

I belive I will buy the new early bird and then wait until Im allowed to use it on a mac... :*(

Gullfoss reviewed by Warren Huart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKLywqOa0_A

The introduction of iLok protection essentially lowered my interest for it to zero. Too bad I won't be able to test it, but for others it will be great I presume. Enjoy it! :tu:
It's easy if you know how

Lesha wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:07 am The introduction of iLok protection essentially lowered my interest for it to zero. Too bad I won't be able to test it, but for others it will be great I presume. Enjoy it! :tu:
+1

Lesha wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:07 am The introduction of iLok protection essentially lowered my interest for it to zero. Too bad I won't be able to test it, but for others it will be great I presume. Enjoy it! :tu:
-1 :hihi:
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I agree. I bought it pre-iLok and they will support the current licensing option for a while...
I don't get why - it wasn't cracked and it works tons better than any Pace garbage I used.

I contacted them and they didn't really understand my disappointment and told me it can be used iLok-less with Pace licenser, but I don't want Pace on my computer.
It's so god damn frustrating, i hope Pace just dies already

Return to “Effects”