Latest Linux Builds (8272)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

:tu:

For those who wonder, the ZebraHZ is still 8231 so no need to request license codes from support.

Thank you abique for the update and thank you fsciarra62 for the insight. To answer the question about a special/patched kernel, no, it's not. It's Fedora 29, vanilla (4.20.5-200.fc29.x86_64).

Unfortunately, 8256 exhibits the same behavior as previously described.
I'll poke around and see if I can get a better insight here.

Mmmm...
4.18.0-13-lowlatency here...
In the meantime, I have bumped on a post on Bitwig 2.5 which says that they have introduced a feature to actually "unload" a plugin when not used and reload on needs...
I don't know...
Have you tried to tweak on the process model for the plugin hosting in Bitwig?
And, did you try with 2.4.3?
On Ubuntu I can safely downgrade and upgrade back later. No idea about fedora.
Clearly the projects saved with 2.5 do not open on 2.4.3. But you can create a new project and try if the plugins work.
Just trying to be of help...
Fabrizio

Ok... I'm very stupid... Now everybody else knows... :-(
You **ARE** on 2.4.3
I have read back your OP...
I beg your and all others pardon for wasting your resources... :-(
Fabrizio

Just FYI: most Linux downloads on the website have been updated to Rev 8256 now, including The Dark Zebra.
:)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Yeah! And ColourCopy too! I wish all the best...
Satin rules, by the way... Together with ColourCopy covers 20 years of sound canvas.
My admiration is total.
Fabrizio

I can't believe I did...
Can't resist to NI offer... Bought Diva... bankrupt is closer now :-D
But also analog sound of synths I cannot even look at...
I have to go to work... Productivity will have a down peak today... too excited...
:-P
Fabrizio

fsciarra62 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:15 am Can't resist to NI offer... Bought Diva... bankrupt is closer now :-D
But also analog sound of synths I cannot even look at...
I have to go to work... Productivity will have a down peak today... too excited...
"Very sorry about that" 8)

Work hard now, play harder later. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Rev 8272 fixes the crash with Bitwig Studio 2.4.

abique wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm Rev 8272 fixes the crash with Bitwig Studio 2.4.
:hyper:
Nice! These work for me, no crash!
:hug:

Hi,

I have an issue with Hive. When I left-click, the UI reacts as if I right-clicked. Only happens with Hive. Not any other application or plugin. Already tried restarting the DAW, computer, etc. At one point the issue magically fixed itself, but now it's happening again.

E.g. if I go to presets and left-click to select a preset it opens a context menu. It's the same for all other elements - the context menu is shown instead of the desired action being triggered.

DAW: Reaper 5.965
Hive 1.2.1 8272 (license activated)

Can someone tell me why this happens? What can I do to fix it? Maybe some workaround?

What desktop environment do you use? X11? Wayland?

abique wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 pm What desktop environment do you use? X11? Wayland?
I've upgraded Ubuntu to 18.04.1 yesterday in hopes of fixing the issue, so I can't say for sure what I was using. I never enabled wayland explicitly, so it was X11 unless Ubuntu used wayland as default. Now it's definitely X11. Haven't had that issue yet.

Thanks a lot for the rapid release of new excellent builds !!!!

Is it possible that the first page can indicate the build version of ZebraHZ too ?
I get that ZebraHZ can not be distributed that way but the build version could be stated, I think.

I feel bad spaming the "Request License" portal just to check if ZebraHZ is on par with latest builds.

(If someone wonder, ZebraHZ is still build 8256 and will thus not work in Bitwig Studio 2.4 (have not checked))

Return to “u-he Linux support”