Dmitry Sches' Thorn VI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Guenon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:14 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:05 pmwell dimitry mailed someone a few pages back/one of the other threads saying anyone who has a voucher that runs out, mail him and hell sort a new one.
That's cool, and yeah, from my personal experience (too), Dmitry is a class act. The PA policy regarding this is what I'm wondering about. I wanted to double check this as I'm under the impression upgrade paths from the previous version to the next are normally preserved instead of made to expire.
i cant say for sure, but dont all pa vouchers have a months deadline? then you get a new one, maybe, and i am speculating, it's just part of the software they use to create the vouchers?

in honesty though, i would if i was you mail either pa or dimitry yourself, as theres so much conflicting info in the threads here, who knows? :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:18 pmin honesty though, i would if i was you mail either pa or dimitry yourself, as theres so much conflicting info in the threads here, who knows? :lol:
I agree this is one of those... tumultuous situations where it's best to ask straight from the source :P

Well I'm very happy indeed.

Just bought it outright for $25. A member here sold me their code and I used my Feb voucher to avoid the PA fee.

$25 for Thorn. Would be rude not to :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

mutantdog wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:56 pm
elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm Ironically I got sent the voucher even though I'm not a Thorn owner, assumed it was a mistake.
Interesting. That should give you Thorn for 19 bucks. :o

Could you try your code to test it? You don't need to eventually purchase, of course, just try if the code is discounting the list price.
I can confirm that the code works. I got the same email and had only bought Tantra previously, perhaps the database got mixed up...?
It would have worked but it was an obvious mistake so I didn't use it

Guenon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:14 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:05 pmwell dimitry mailed someone a few pages back/one of the other threads saying anyone who has a voucher that runs out, mail him and hell sort a new one.
That's cool, and yeah, from my personal experience (too), Dmitry is a class act. The PA policy regarding this is what I'm wondering about. I wanted to double check this as I'm under the impression upgrade paths from the previous version to the next are normally preserved instead of made to expire. Doubling the price and expiring the upgrade path wouldn't be a nice combo.

Yeah Dmitry is cool. When I told him that my only issue was the fact that PA was effectively treating my Thorn license as void in favor of a coupon with a relatively short shelf life, and that otherwise I'm happy to keep supporting him, he seemed really grateful. I think he's a guy with a lot of integrity, and when people like that get in bed with larger companies it's almost inevitable that the company doesn't treat customers as fairly as the "little guy" business owner would. I don't want to speak for him but it seems like he feels embarrassed by that.

He also said he's going to do his best to get more customer-friendly arrangements for people upgrading to Tantra and Diversion 2.

I still don't like PA, but I believe in DS so I'll probably just hold my nose and keep supporting him.

Razzia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 pm ...but I believe in DS so I'll probably just hold my nose and keep supporting him.
For me, that's the bottom line.
I'll definitely support Dmitry.

Razzia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:26 pm I think he's a guy with a lot of integrity, and when people like that get in bed with larger companies it's almost inevitable that the company doesn't treat customers as fairly as the "little guy" business owner would.
PA is also a very small business as it looks like. Just saying. I don't think what you claim is universally applicable anyway. Small business or not.

Razzia wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:04 pm What are you even talking about? People doing something they don't want and then complaining about it? If I bought Thorn in the first place, clearly I want it.
I don't understand. I thought you were deciding whether or not you want the upgrade from PA or not. At least you were arguing about PA being "scummy" and "pressuring".

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm It would have worked but it was an obvious mistake so I didn't use it
:tu:

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:15 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm It would have worked but it was an obvious mistake so I didn't use it
I suspect he wasn't able to isolate the database by product type and therefore sent it to everybody. Besides there was no way I was going to pay PA prices for it.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pmI suspect he wasn't able to isolate the database by product type and therefore sent it to everybody. Besides there was no way I was going to pay PA prices for it.
There must have been a lot of quirks... users not getting emails at all, or only from PA, non-users receiving vouchers, regular vouchers cannibalizing the fee, no personalization (thus opening a wild west market we will see shortly)...

Lessons to learn...

elassi wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:27 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:17 pmI suspect he wasn't able to isolate the database by product type and therefore sent it to everybody. Besides there was no way I was going to pay PA prices for it.
There must have been a lot of quirks... users not getting emails at all, or only from PA, non-users receiving vouchers, regular vouchers cannibalizing the fee, no personalization (thus opening a wild west market we will see shortly)...

Lessons to learn...
Yep, not to mention the website disappearing and being replaced with dodgy links. I don't dare check to see if it has since been fixed.

it has.

Anyone of you guys complaining:
Download links are back with a notice what happened:

http://dmitrysches.com/thorn-pa

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:31 pmit has.

Return to “Instruments”