DS Audio joins Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

escalona wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm
ATN69 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:30 pm
Kr3eM wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:29 pm
ATN69 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:22 pm Will it only be updated thru PA now?
Yes
Okay, thanks for the confirmation.
...and my guess is that updates will stop happening. I can't remember the last time a plugin I bought from PA was updated... I can't think of one. Can any of you tell me if PA plugins do get updates and if so how often?
Yes. Most of the PA plugins I own have had a steady stream of minor updates.
No signature here!

If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.

Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.
You can use the PA voucher to pay for the $19 fee ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 pm
Ryan99 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm If anyone doesn’t want to use his 19$ upgrade code to Thorn V1.2, I’m willing to trade it for my 25$ Plugin-Alliance monthly voucher.
You can use the PA voucher to pay for the $19 fee ;)
Upgrade codes are personal ;)

NM
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

/*RANT MODE ON*/

If you're entitled to an upgrade code then contact PA/DS if you didn't already get one.

If you don't own Thorn then please do the right thing and support the developer by buying it, rather than trying to get a $19 'upgrade' that you have no rights to do.

/*RANT MODE OFF*/

MikeCallon wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:46 pm
/*RANT MODE ON*/

If you're entitled to an upgrade code then contact PA/DS if you didn't already get one.

If you don't own Thorn then please do the right thing and support the developer by buying it, rather than trying to get a $19 'upgrade' that you have no rights to do.

/*RANT MODE OFF*/
Well, it seems many people got the upgrade offer, even if they don’t have Thorn...

Thorn is a fantastic VSTi. Dmitry can concentrate on development under the umbrella of PA. I think we will all benefit from the situation. I used my monthly voucher at PA, got the update for zero € and some more free presets (which I don't need, but anyway). Dmitry is aware of the situation of old VSTpresets not working, DS Thorn has a new plug in ID. This is a bit unfortunate but I think he will do something about it. In the moment both plug in revisions are running both in hosts.

dreamvoid wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 am Dmitry is aware of the situation of old VSTpresets not working, DS Thorn has a new plug in ID.
The patches I made in 1.08 work in 1.2 :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:43 am
dreamvoid wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 am Dmitry is aware of the situation of old VSTpresets not working, DS Thorn has a new plug in ID.
The patches I made in 1.08 work in 1.2 :shrug:
I meant not the patches from 'old' Thorn to DS Thorn in its own format, but the VSTpresets I saved with Nuendo and Cubase!

Why would you....never mind. I just successfully loaded a patch from 2017 into 1.2 because I use Thorn's built in patch system. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 am Why would you....never mind.
You may ask ... it is very fast and convenient. I have a keycommand for the VST Preset selector and it works with any plug in. No messing around with plug in preset systems which work all so differently. That would slow me down during composing and producing.

Ok whatever works for you. I was trying to think of the last time I used a DAW's built in patch system (for external plugins) and it must have been many years ago. Probably because I have used several different DAWs so it's easier to transport patches between them.

Oh well my patches still load so....... :hihi:

as mentioned my patches also work from one Thorn to the other ...

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 am Ok whatever works for you. I was trying to think of the last time I used a DAW's built in patch system (for external plugins) and it must have been many years ago. Probably because I have used several different DAWs so it's easier to transport patches between them.
Even DUNE? If there are more than 100 or so patches, I find it much easier to separate my own patches so that I don't have to search through them all. If the preset library is searchable, I'll use it but if my patches just get thrown in with all the others, then screw that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”