Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:05 am In California cats probably cause cancer and require a warning label.
https://pets.webmd.com/cats/news/201307 ... ealth-risk

My cat does her business outside BTW. Best cat ever!
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:hihi: :lol:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 am This is the study to look at. https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics ... /index.cfm
Even though I consider cats to be sociopaths, wrongly perhaps, I like them. I wish the best for them. May they have full and safe lives.

Safe. But, weren't cigarettes deemed safe too, by the FDA? What about asbestos? What government agency approved asbestos?

Devices that emit EMF didn't used to be in homes that much compared to before and so maybe it might take a while before those EMF-emitting devices are deemed "truly" and "definitely" safe/unsafe? Sure, maybe the manufacturers of those EMF-emitting devices deemed it safe, it probably says so in their manuals?... but cigarette manufacturers did that too? And got away with it for a long time?

Anyways, here is a quotation from the link above that you yourself provided.

"Now, in the age of cellular telephones, wireless routers, and the Internet of things, all of which use EMF, concerns persist about possible connections between EMF and adverse health effects. These exposures are actively being studies by NIEHS recommends continued education on practical ways of reducing exposures to EMFs."

That quotation does not seem to be committed to the idea that EMF exposure, no matter how small, can be ignored. I mean, if the conclusion is that EMF-emitting devices in houses (and studios) are safe then why "actively continue studying" it?

Here are more "unsafe" things that later were deemed unsafe.

https://www.businessinsider.com/crazy-t ... thy-2012-9
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf. I'd prefer the tin foil hat propaganda BS be dealt with appropriately in the Hyde Park forum.

Some of it my be "tinfoil" but really, EMF exposure does not seem to be deemed 100 percent safe.

Since I've run out of further statements and "research", I will let it rest. Okay, peace.

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 am Some of it my be "tinfoil" but really, EMF exposure does not seem to be deemed 100 percent safe.

Since I've run out of further statements and "research", I will let it rest. Okay, peace.
There is a huge difference between something not being 100% safe, and it being a quantifiable real threat. This isn't even up for debate.

But yeah, seriously, you're being a Debbie Downer of epic proportions about something you're not even certain about yourself.

I'm certain cigarette smoking causes cancer, and even then it's very likely that someone dies of natural causes before the effects of smoking kick in. I'm certain looking at computer screens causes eye damage, but the positives for some of us far outweigh the negatives. Life is filled with choices, my stray cat is living large, and I'll be dammed if I stop her from resting on a rack that even with my free EMF meter on the phone here registers as low, because some know it all on the internet is wanting to argue about it. I'm certain she will live longer if I let her do what cats want to do, which is perch on high places and be near you.

You even call cats sociopaths, you're just a troll here, period...... :roll:

I'm no troll. I was just concerned about cats, no matter whose cats they are. I know, none of my business. But still, I was compelled.
I need to try to get some sleep after this.

Okay, even though I rest my case regarding the EMF exposure "debate"...

I have more to state about cats being sociopaths. Based on experience with different dogs and cats... whenever I trip and hurt myself, all the dogs showed concern as if if to say "Dude, are you okay"? But none of the cats did that. Isn't that a good proof of cats being sociopaths? Also, I am almost one hundred percent sure that dogs feel guilt. But cats feeling guilty? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

http://austinist.com/2012/08/10/a_new_s ... s_what.php

Bringing the thread back on topic... my so-called "studio" looks similar to this, for almost a decade now. I'm perpetually broke, man.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My studio cats seem all innocent and cuddly, but if I fall down they would pounce on me and try to bite my ears and nose off with absolutely no mercy or remorse... I know, it's happened.

One thing I know for sure though ... studio dogs .... errr I mean cats can't hold their licour.

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:51 am I'm no troll. ........

I have more to state about cats being sociopaths. Based on experience with different dogs and cats...
I don't give a rats ass about your uninformed subjective opinion on cats.
You're inability to not give that opinion makes you a troll, as clearly shown by the above juxtaposition.

You're not an intentional troll, you're the typical out of balance ego type troll.
I personally value the company of cats more than 99% of the people I've met, and you're inability to not give your unintentionally trollish opinion on the subject of the personality of cats is a perfect example of why.

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:51 am Bringing the thread back on topic... my so-called "studio" looks similar to this, for almost a decade now. I'm perpetually broke, man.
I'm guessing you have a mental or physical condition? <-- Not said to be cruel, just an observation. It also explains your atypical obsessive posts here.

I make almost no money, I work construction, self employed, and have been out of work for the last 2 months. My income from music is far far less than my spending on music. But I strike when the moment is right so to speak, and I don't have any addictions, except gear. :clown:

I'm still going to be able to upgrade to DP10 when it pops at $195, I save money like a packrat! :)

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:08 am My studio cats seem all innocent and cuddly, but if I fall down they would pounce on me and try to bite my ears and nose off with absolutely no mercy or remorse... I know, it's happened.
Nice looking puppers! :love:
I'm barely home enough for my cat, and studies say dogs need a full hour of attention every day, cats 1/2 hour. It's also obvious to me that dogs do not do well with owners leaving for weeks on end, and I go to SF CA for a few weeks to a month every year for work. It's bad enough on my cat, ( she complains at me for the first 5 days I'm back constantly! :hihi: ) a dog would be devastated.

Tar VS my buddies dog, holding negotiations. :hihi:

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf. I'd prefer the tin foil hat propaganda BS be dealt with appropriately in the Hyde Park forum.
I wouldn't have EMF in my studio if you paid me! Bunch of tossers, that lot.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

harryupbabble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm Whoa, are you not worried that your cat might get cancer by possibly being exposed to magnetic/electric fields?
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/cau ... fact-sheet
I'm sorry if this was meant to be a joke but the paper you linked to says, unequivocally, that no link between magnetic fields and cancer has ever been shown to exist. What you need to understand is that all these kinds of non-ionising radiation have less energy than visible light and are, therefore, less dangerous than long term exposure to a flashlight beam or light from a desk lamp.
harryupbabble wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:41 pm I hope you are right but what if the regulations are designed "strictly" for humans. Not many humans sit/lie on top of devices?
The paper in your link cites research into the effects on adults, children and animals. We carry around devices that emit EMF all the time with no ill effects, your cat is going to be fine.
justin3am wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm The regulations are not what protect us from electromagnetic interference. There is tons of information out there about how EMI shielding works... and no, there is no kind of shielding which is designed specifically for humans.
You don't need shielding. Nobody needs shielding. Your pets don't need shielding. It is completely safe. As I said, it's all less energetic than visible light. It's only when you hop over to the other side of the RF spectrum from visible light that you start to encounter damaging radiation - ultraviolet, X-rays, gamma rays, etc.
harryupbabble wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 amDevices that emit EMF didn't used to be in homes that much compared to before and so maybe it might take a while before those EMF-emitting devices are deemed "truly" and "definitely" safe/unsafe?
This is actually where the strongest evidence lies. 30 years ago, nobody held a radio transmitter to the Side of their head for an hour a day but for the last 20-odd years, practically everyone has been doing it. Now, if there was any danger posed by doing this, you'd expect to see a significant rise in the rates of brain cancers and tumours, maybe a 10-fold or even greater increase. However, within the bounds of normal statistical variations, the rates of brain tumours and brain cancers are pretty much the same as they were in the 1980s. That, right there, should be all the evidence you need to understand that the danger is zero.

Think about it, we are bathed in radiation constantly - TV, radio, Wi-Fi, sunlight, light-bulbs and all the background cosmic radiation left over from the Big Bang - we evolved to deal with it. Plants evolved to harness it and turn it into energy. Without it we would all die, with it we thrive.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 am
SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf. I'd prefer the tin foil hat propaganda BS be dealt with appropriately in the Hyde Park forum.
I wouldn't have EMF in my studio if you paid me! Bunch of tossers, that lot.
unbelievable :roll:

:hihi:

SJ_Digriz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 am Being cautious and promoting hippy homeopathic crystal energy chakra alignment bullshit is not the same thing. And, if you want to have a studio .. you are going to have emf. And since this is a studio thread, I'm pretty sure we all are being exposed to emf...
Yeah, my eyes were bleeding as I read through it, but having dealt with emf exposure many times, it's nothing a little WD-40 can't fix. :tu:
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”