U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn't even considered back then. :D

camp really doesn't matter on the Woodstock 69 issue, Stones didn't play there either. No Beatles, No Stones, No Doors.

Sweet Jimmy did.

Anyone use an evoucher on top of the sale?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Wouldn’t work. Only for NI titles.

i image this is prob not a good a deal as uhe thought it might be

more sales, sure, but more cheap resales, driving down normal price sales, and way more support, costing who knows how much.

NI are the only ppl who will profit from this bad idea.

still, lessons learned, it prob will only put back uhe updates by 6 months max.

AnX wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm i image this is prob not a goid a deal an uhe thought it might be

more sales, sure, but more cheap resales, driving down normal price sales, and way more support, costing who knows how much.

It's not too bad actually. It's not as crazy as what we thought. We have to explain to some people how to use Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, but luckily we just send links to NI's videos on Youtube.

Also, we trained 3 more people in customer support, which means we can spread it out more from now on and assign, say, Tas and Viktor to other tasks even when support is high.

The bucks coming in will allow us to concentrate on things which you might consider vaporware. Things which always had to be set aside because we needed to release something new to keep going. So this year we don't really need to release anything new to stay in business. That's a pretty good prospect.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:28 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm i image this is prob not a goid a deal an uhe thought it might be

It's not too bad actually. It's not as crazy as what we thought. We have to explain to some people how to use Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, but luckily we just send links to NI's videos on Youtube.

Also, we trained 3 more people in customer support, which means we can spread it out more from now on and assign, say, Tas and Viktor to other tasks even when support is high.

The bucks coming in will allow us to concentrate on things which you might consider vaporware. Things which always had to be set aside because we needed to release something new to keep going. So this year we don't really need to release anything new to stay in business. That's a pretty good prospect.
And still we hope for new products in 2019, Hive 2, that thing Sascha is working on (?!?) and possibly Z3 :)

AnX wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm i image this is prob not a good a deal as uhe thought it might be

I don't necessarily think so. I think the rare sale like this one is great to gain new customers like me. Someone who has long been enamored with Uhe products but simply can't afford them at full price. And I for one, almost never have to resort to customer support for audio plugins. With stuff as dead simple as Uhe's I really don't see why one would need to (but yes, there are the tragically clueless out there so you've got a point there). So for me as an example, Uhe simply gets money that they otherwise would not have, without much if any extra expense on their part (a slight increase in server expenses maybe?)

As for the resale market affecting new sales, I think that's only a small percentage of prospective customers. I think most musicians and producers are not saavy enough to buy plugins second hand in general (here in the US at least). I think that may be a little different with Uhe's niche customer base but still probably not that big a deal. And if there aren't anymore sales for a long while, things will soon go back to normal.

The long term effects who knows, maybe not much all things considered, but short term I think this is a win for Uhe.
(Regardless of the expected parasitic behavior of those trying to take advantage of loopholes and what have you).

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:28 pmSo this year we don't really need to release anything new to stay in business. That's a pretty good prospect.
But you will, right? :lol:

:wink:

Local Man wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:55 pmSo for me as an example, Uhe simply gets money that they otherwise would not have, without much if any extra expense on their part (a slight increase in server expenses maybe?)
Nobody can tell but it'd be nice know how sales would have evolved if u-he did the sale on their own...

One things seems to be fact, though: They would have surely made a higher profit per unit. Underlining "per unit" because it's difficult to predict how much the NI userbase and resulting marketing influenced the success.

___
edit: cruel English...
Last edited by elassi on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:28 pmThe bucks coming in will allow us to concentrate on things which you might consider vaporware.
I wonder what kriminal AnX might consider vapourware. :o
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

dermage wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pmAnd still we hope for new products in 2019, Hive 2, that thing Sascha is working on (?!?) and possibly Z3 :)
Hive 2 is an update, Sascha works on Uhbik and Z3 is that vaporware I mentioned. :oops:

Surely vaporware is something you can inhale.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pmAnd still we hope for new products in 2019, Hive 2, that thing Sascha is working on (?!?) and possibly Z3 :)
Hive 2 is an update, Sascha works on Uhbik and Z3 is that vaporware I mentioned. :oops:
Haha, ok. Then please continue. All greatly awaited. (Like new products, at least for me)

Return to “Instruments”