Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
6941 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:33 am

brok landers wrote:
zvenx wrote:>snip< Hope indeed you are still making presets, I think the most recent of your work I have is with Luftrum for Diva...

rsp
oh yes, i of course still do presets. i made 160 for avenger, of which 32 went into the stock content and a bigtone expansion, which is sold seperately. furthermore i did "bigtone analog basics 2" and "bigtone tableworks" for kv331 synthmaster... i might have forgotten some stuff, not in the studio to check...
Indeed. Forgot I have the synthmaster ones.
rsp
sound sculptist

brok landers
KVRAF
6099 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:34 am

ATS wrote:>snip<i been around here for a long time. As long as I can remember your patches have always been incredible. I have tons of them. Thanks!
yes, i remember your nickname from here.
thanks for the nice words. :oops:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

zzz00m
KVRAF
1738 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 am

brok landers wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:41 pm
furthermore i did "bigtone analog basics 2" and "bigtone tableworks" for kv331 synthmaster...
I have both of those expansion banks in my SynthMaster collection. They are outstanding! :tu:

They both make good use of the new ZDF filters that SynthMaster has added in recent versions, and as far as I can tell are the only expansions that do so (the other KV331 expansions were released prior to that filter upgrade). New in SM 2.8:
4 new filter categories: Ladder, Diode Ladder, Bite and State Variable filters all based on "zero delay feedback" (ZDF) topology.
The tableworks expansion is a good demonstration of the new SynthMaster wavetable feature upgrade. Great sounds in there! New in SM 2.9:
Wavetable synthesis:

SynthMaster now supports wavetables with up to 256 waveforms.
Users can easily import wavetables by dragging and dropping files/folders on to the wavetable display.
The wavetable display can show wavetables in 4 different ways: 2D Waveform, 2D Spectrum, 3D Waveform and 3D Spectrum.
I have often found BigTone presets included in my various other synth's factory banks, and always regarded them as special! The clever use of the MW, PB, and aftertouch modulations really makes them expressive to play! :D
Windows 10; with instruments from Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

brok landers
KVRAF
6099 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am

zzz00m wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:50 am
brok landers wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:41 pm
furthermore i did "bigtone analog basics 2" and "bigtone tableworks" for kv331 synthmaster...
I have both of those expansion banks in my SynthMaster collection. They are outstanding! :tu:

They both make good use of the new ZDF filters that SynthMaster has added in recent versions, and as far as I can tell are the only expansions that do so (the other KV331 expansions were released prior to that filter upgrade). New in SM 2.8:
4 new filter categories: Ladder, Diode Ladder, Bite and State Variable filters all based on "zero delay feedback" (ZDF) topology.
The tableworks expansion is a good demonstration of the new SynthMaster wavetable feature upgrade. Great sounds in there! New in SM 2.9:
Wavetable synthesis:

SynthMaster now supports wavetables with up to 256 waveforms.
Users can easily import wavetables by dragging and dropping files/folders on to the wavetable display.
The wavetable display can show wavetables in 4 different ways: 2D Waveform, 2D Spectrum, 3D Waveform and 3D Spectrum.
I have often found BigTone presets included in my various other synth's factory banks, and always regarded them as special! The clever use of the MW, PB, and aftertouch modulations really makes them expressive to play! :D
glad you like it, thanks for the praise. always nice to hear that. :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

zzz00m
KVRAF
1738 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm

brok landers wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am

glad you like it, thanks for the praise. always nice to hear that. :tu:
And well deserved! :tu:

Now I have to put in a plug for the BigTone presets for Synth1... amazing how you were able to squeeze those sounds out of that little 'ol thing! :D
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1 ... /downloads
Windows 10; with instruments from Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

codec_spurt
KVRAF
3499 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Big Tone is probably the greatest sound designer that ever lived.

Look in your synths> does it say BT? That's Big Tone.

He's wrecked and rinsed every synth worth wrecking and rinsing.

Linplug Alpha? Wowser. That was him.

+Z3TA - that was him too.

He wrote the rule book. Ripped it up. Then put it down your mama's drain.

Nothing compares.

The thing is. He's a genius. But he's a humble genius. There is not a sound designer alive that can compare to him. But he never blows his own trumpet.

He might get a bit uppity sometimes. But that's rare. And you are probably mistaking him for someone else.

No one else compares.

BT is the greastest sound designer that ever lived.

Maybe one day, he will be appreciated for the absolute Rock God he is.

You have his work in your free synths.

Feel the quality. Bathe in the warm bath of his genius.

There are only 3 or 4 other sound designers on the whole planet that have his ability. And only 1 or 2 of them ever gave their work for free.

He's a one man music machine of goodness.

A true true genius of the synthesizer. The sampler. The Oscillator. The Envelope Generator.

Appreciate him.

Love him.

Men like him only come around once in a lifetime.

And you lived in his time.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6239 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm

There was another really great sound designer on here that was really great at pads and like space music type stuff. Sadly he died. I cannot remember his name but I am positive many will know who I am talking about. He was a super nice guy too.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

Examigan
KVRAF
4693 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm

ATS wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm
There was another really great sound designer on here that was really great at pads and like space music type stuff. Sadly he died. I cannot remember his name but I am positive many will know who I am talking about. He was a super nice guy too.
Maybe you're thinking of Tim Conrardy?

elassi
KVRAF
2143 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:03 pm

---
Last edited by elassi on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
6239 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Examigan wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm
ATS wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:48 pm
There was another really great sound designer on here that was really great at pads and like space music type stuff. Sadly he died. I cannot remember his name but I am positive many will know who I am talking about. He was a super nice guy too.
Maybe you're thinking of Tim Conrardy?
yeah that was him!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

elassi
KVRAF
2143 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Met him recently while demoing the reborn Symptohm-synth a couple o' days ago (if I'm not mistaken).

brok landers
KVRAF
6099 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 pm

codec_spurt wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 pm
Big Tone is probably the greatest sound designer that ever lived.

Look in your synths> does it say BT? That's Big Tone.

He's wrecked and rinsed every synth worth wrecking and rinsing.

Linplug Alpha? Wowser. That was him.

+Z3TA - that was him too.

He wrote the rule book. Ripped it up. Then put it down your mama's drain.

Nothing compares.

The thing is. He's a genius. But he's a humble genius. There is not a sound designer alive that can compare to him. But he never blows his own trumpet.

He might get a bit uppity sometimes. But that's rare. And you are probably mistaking him for someone else.

No one else compares.

BT is the greastest sound designer that ever lived.

Maybe one day, he will be appreciated for the absolute Rock God he is.

You have his work in your free synths.

Feel the quality. Bathe in the warm bath of his genius.

There are only 3 or 4 other sound designers on the whole planet that have his ability. And only 1 or 2 of them ever gave their work for free.

He's a one man music machine of goodness.

A true true genius of the synthesizer. The sampler. The Oscillator. The Envelope Generator.

Appreciate him.

Love him.

Men like him only come around once in a lifetime.

And you lived in his time.
hahaa, man... i've yet to get a praise like _that_. :)
thanks a lot. :hail: :love:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4891 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm


User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
1708 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 am

zvenx wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 am
I think Brok Landers was a porn star?
:hihi:

zzz00m
KVRAF
1738 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: Who is BigTone? Homepage? Producers?

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:39 am

Russell Grand wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 am
zvenx wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 am
I think Brok Landers was a porn star?
:hihi:
Why do you think he is called Big Tone? Just remove the "T" and what do you have? :lol:
Windows 10; with instruments from Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Return to “Soundware”