Soundtheory GULLFOSS computional auditory perception EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

tl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am
Lesha wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:07 am The introduction of iLok protection essentially lowered my interest for it to zero. Too bad I won't be able to test it, but for others it will be great I presume. Enjoy it! :tu:
+1
Me 2. iLok is like cancer and I won't pay for that, even though some interesting products have it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

They go with USB iLok dongle, right? Not just the iLok manager like Soundtoys?
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:05 pm They go with USB iLok dongle, right? Not just the iLok manager like Soundtoys?
In video he says: all three iLok ways.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:17 pm
adl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:05 pm They go with USB iLok dongle, right? Not just the iLok manager like Soundtoys?
Three?? I just know USB Dongle or the iLok Account/Manager thing. Hope it works with iLok mananger only, that´s fine with me. USB Dongle is a whole different level of PITA. :uhuhuh:
my Trap beatz:

adl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:58 pm
Three?? I just know USB Dongle or the iLok Account/Manager thing. Hope it works with iLok mananger only, that´s fine with me. USB Dongle is a whole different level of PITA. :uhuhuh:
Dongle, manager and cloud, as you like.
I use iLok manager and everything‘s fine and hassle free.

Bingo!

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 pm
adl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Dongle, manager and cloud, as you like.
I use iLok manager and everything‘s fine and hassle free.
YES!
Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to the release for windows. :hyper:
my Trap beatz:

Looks like a fantastic plugin (and has excellent reviews). Really glad to hear that Soundtheory have created this PC version too :)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:22 am
tl wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 am
Lesha wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:07 am The introduction of iLok protection essentially lowered my interest for it to zero. Too bad I won't be able to test it, but for others it will be great I presume. Enjoy it! :tu:
+1
Me 2. iLok is like cancer and I won't pay for that, even though some interesting products have it.

Regardless of one's like or dislike of ilok, there is no way that a USB dongle protection scheme is like cancer.
Should you, or one of your loved ones, ever go through horrific treatment for cancer in the future, you might regret your flippant comparison.

dark water wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:30 pm
Regardless of one's like or dislike of ilok, there is no way that a USB dongle protection scheme is like cancer.
Should you, or one of your loved ones, ever go through horrific treatment for cancer in the future, you might regret your flippant comparison.
it's a widely used internet phrase, i used the same one a few posts up.

my father had cancer, and although he's fine now, there was a long period of uncertainty and fear

^^ maybe it is a used phrase by some people on the internet - but I would strongly question whether it is widely used and, more so, whether the comparison runs true.

Straight question: exactly how is a USB dongle computer protection scheme like cancer?

I'm glad to hear that your dad survived his brush with cancer.
My mother died after a horrendous, gruelling and humiliating 2 and a half year fight against bowel cancer (including all the sickness, skin changing, hair losing side effects of chemotherapy).
I alao lost one of my very best friends to cancer - first starting in the eye and then spreading to the liver - going through the well trodden path of hope and then the removal of hope.

Many of us here will suffer debilitating, depersonalizing, crushing cancer in our lives.
I fail to see how a USB dongle protection scheme is like that.
Please enlighten me.

It's used in the same manner as a computer "virus" is used, despite the fact that viruses indeed kill people.

Pace: it's buggy and terrible and it nests into your system and it's impossible to remove once installed. so kinda like cancer nests into a human system.

I have been using it for years and only ever had one small problem that was fixed easily. I don't like it necessarily, but I will not forego plugins that I REALLY LIKE so that I don't have it. I look at most stuff running in my Windows folders as being similar! Ha!

@ Ploki - Well then we must agree to disagree about the similarity.
You think that ilok is just like cancer. Conversely, I would much prefer getting an ilok to getting cancer.
(Also I have had no major issues with ilok or PACE in the nine years I've been using them. Perhaps I am in the minority?).

Finally, just because a phrase is used by some people does not make it generally acceptable nor accurate as a simile.
For example, as 'Hollywood actor' Ray Winstone and 'Premier League manager' Alan Pardew notably found out to their detriments in the UK when talking about 'getting raped' in football because they thought this was a common phrase to describe respectively a) a club losing a player; b) a player getting the better of another in a match.

Back on topic - and as Warren Huart says in his excellent Gullfloss video linked to on page 8 of this thread - it will be extremely tempting now to go back to my older projects and try to improve them all (once the PC version of this plugin comes out)...

Will it require the latest version of iLok Manager? I haven't been able to update it, and can't easily remove it to reinstall (actually the issue might be PACE, can't remember atm, though I've spent many hours trying to fix this... it's a problem many people have had)....

[Edit: the warning says that some software may require 2.5 or later. I have v 4 installed so I should be okay... for now.]

Return to “Effects”