Ableton Live 10.1 now in Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

jonljacobi wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm Hmm, I’ve had zero issues with AU in Live. But I never noticed any advantage either. The only real issue is cross-platform compatibility, which can be a pain, but is hardly an unsolvable issue. But I’d stick with the VSTs unless you’re using Logic which gives you no choice. Personally I try to work with the internal stuff wherever possible with Windows/macOS DAWs.
Nor me - every one I have ever owned has been solid as a rock.
Sweet child in time...

Am I the only one finding the new implementation in the render dialog a bit shortsighted???

I find lot of use for including the return channels but imho this doesn´t mean that I want (or better I mostly don´t want) to include the master fx too...
Shouldn´t there be 2 options... one for the returns and one for the master fx??

Trancit wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm Am I the only one finding the new implementation in the render dialog a bit shortsighted???

I find lot of use for including the return channels but imho this doesn´t mean that I want (or better I mostly don´t want) to include the master fx too...
You're not alone, they should definitely be seperate options not combined as they are now.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 pm
Trancit wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm Am I the only one finding the new implementation in the render dialog a bit shortsighted???

You're not alone, they should definitely be seperate options not combined as they are now.
Guys someone from you should raise this at their centercode where they discuss this. If it isn't raised yet.

10.1b13 out today, changelog has a long list of bug fixes; makes me think release not too far off.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

10.1b13 fixed the crash when deleting certain VST3 plugins
mcnelson wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm 10.1b13 out today, changelog has a long list of bug fixes; makes me think release not too far off.
I think you have that backwards. When you see only a few bugfixes, that's when to expect the final release. When there are this many, we have a ways to go. This is only the second public beta.

mcnelson wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm 10.1b13 out today, changelog has a long list of bug fixes; makes me think release not too far off.
Nah, there are still some issues with vst3. At least a month still until final version comes.

Offtopic, but since this is the only active generic Ableton Live thread right now:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... freq-delay

Quite nice M4L pitch shifting delay device.

Also, tweaking automation with the Transform Handles is perceptibly smoother in 10.1b13.

pottering wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:27 pm Offtopic, but since this is the only active generic Ableton Live thread right now:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... freq-delay

Quite nice M4L pitch shifting delay device.

Also, tweaking automation with the Transform Handles is perceptibly smoother in 10.1b13.
That's really cool free device. Thanks

Well it's...............Interesting...

However, I'm still not feel for upgrading to Live 10. While new stuff is added with this 10.1 version, I still feel upgrading from 9 to 10 is only worth it for owners of the Suite version. Owners of the standard version have not much to gain for the rather high price for the update. For example: A lot of stuff and improvements is for M4L, but M4L is only "free" for Suite owners. Users for the standard version have to purchase M4L separately to fully take advance of the upgrade. If you add that to the already not cheap upgrade price, it's simply not worth it...

Anyway - I keep my eye on the developments in the hope it will be worth to upgrade for the standard version. Maybe if more futures are added later on it will make sense to upgrade, but not at this moment. Still - I see some good developments here.

Is this finally going to have working MPE support or have they given up on this to support BW with new customers?
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am Is this finally going to have working MPE support or have they given up on this to support BW with new customers?
It's high up in the list and although Ableton have been very slow to respond to such requests they do seem to be churning them out now. With BWS hot their heels they're certainly under more pressure. My guess is that comping will come first, maybe in the next point release or point 3, because that is more likely to bring new revenue vs MPE which is still kind of niche, relatively speaking. I reckon we'll see MPE 10.5.
Always Read the Manual!

metaside wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am Is this finally going to have working MPE support or have they given up on this to support BW with new customers?
And here we go again.... :cry:

Hmm, I think the arranger is so visually cluttered and the mixer somewhat limited that comping still won’t attract the track-based crowd. MPE would seem to be a more likely add, to retain existing customers.

jonljacobi wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 pm Hmm, I think the arranger is so visually cluttered and the mixer somewhat limited that comping still won’t attract the track-based crowd. MPE would seem to be a more likely add, to retain existing customers.
It's the top requested feature in the beta forum by a considerable margin (411 vs 132 for MPE) and anecdotally, the most commented topic/request on any of Ableton's Live 10 posts/updates I've seen, with many people voicing that they are only hanging on to the likes of Logic/PT for comping. Vocals are still king as far as a lot of electronic music genres go (which Ableton obviously caters heavily for), more so than MPE which is still niche. In terms of revenue, it's not just plucking users away from the other DAWs it's about giving existing Live 9 (and Logic/PT/etc) users who need comping, a reason to dip into their pockets and part with (up to) £230 for the upgrade.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”