Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Remarkable seeing some threads where people are bumping the same plugin at the same price for almost six months. Even a bot would be like, "eh this is stupid."

yehboy1 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:34 pm Remarkable seeing some threads where people are bumping the same plugin at the same price for almost six months. Even a bot would be like, "eh this is stupid."
Yes, but if you point that out, you get: "But if they're in a VAT paying country, they can save 0.26% by buying from me instead of buying direct. That's a good bargain for such an amazing piece of software*. So, if you don't have anything to add, move along!"

*even though it's clearly not amazing enough for them to keep it
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That VSTBuzz deal for Silk is tempting. Usually I just do a month of Composer's Cloud when I need it. Wonder if any resellers will match that price (cough TimeSpace cough)...
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Yeah, Silk is actually very good. Less articulations than Ra, but much deeper.

Fleer wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:30 pm Good to see another Sample Logic library. DRUM FURY’s looking great indeed.
I already have many percussion libraries, but I really like the sound of this one and the intro price is nice.

soundbylaura wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:30 pm That VSTBuzz deal for Silk is tempting. Usually I just do a month of Composer's Cloud when I need it. Wonder if any resellers will match that price (cough TimeSpace cough)...
As far as I know, these are exclusive time-limited deals. Silk is very great by the way...

Feelshallright wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:42 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:30 pm That VSTBuzz deal for Silk is tempting. Usually I just do a month of Composer's Cloud when I need it. Wonder if any resellers will match that price (cough TimeSpace cough)...
As far as I know, these are exclusive time-limited deals. Silk is very great by the way...
A girl can hope... (and be patient).

soundbylaura wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:44 pm
I've noticed that VSTBuzz and APD have a lot of the same sales.

The bargain hunter part of me wants to grab it. The part of me that thinks about these things says "you don't even like the sound of Asian instruments that much. when will you use it?"

And? EW has had 60% off sales. If you get it at JRR, you probably will match or maybe even beat this price by a little. Just a thought.

Feelshallright wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:43 am
WilliamK wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:54 pm
agharta wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 pmI went to the Wusik site and played their discount code scratch game and received an 80% off code.
Full versions of Wusik One & Wusik Station V10 (Preorder) for $21.98 in total was hard to pass on especially as they come with an interesting library.
I'm glad you are happy with the new S&W idea. :cool: :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK
Where are the 49$ upgrade deals for Wusik users? Those were great deals, but I don't see those prices anywhere on your website...
You can get even more discount with the new Scratch & Win options. Or just select the stuff you want to upgrade and the system will give you a discount depending on the total value. Both options should give you even lower prices. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

shidostrife wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 pm
BBFG# wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:05 pm For these companies that have such frequent/semi-regular sales that so often run at 50% or more...

Does anyone think that a second hand purchase of them should be any more than half of those regular "sale" prices?
My rule of thumb is 2nd hand price should be around the lowest sale price. Slightly lower if sale is often, slightly higher if sale is rare.

Ofc, sellers are free to set prices as they want. This is just the price range where I will consider buying.
My general rule is to start at 20% off the lowest sale price, but some well known offenders definitely warrant 50% off their regular lowest price.
All dependant on product and company of course. Some of these developers I no longer trust enough to buy at any price.
But it has become one of my foremost questions now. "What's their sale cycle and what's their 'real' price?" Then it jogs over to which online dealer also carries it with an "in-cart" price. :)

And that before calculating a FMV of it being second hand.

EW are always having sales and the 3rd party vendors knock some off. This product has been down to $99 before.

kitekrazy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 am
EW are always having sales and the 3rd party vendors knock some off. This product has been down to $99 before.
I make a LOT of Asian-themed games so I'd use Silk quite a bit. But I'm still not compelled to buy. $99 sounds much better (if that ever comes 'round again).

Uncle E, until when is the Voltage Modular deal?

Thank you for asking. It has started now and ends Monday:

https://www.jrrshop.com/cherry-audio

sample logic wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:08 am Out Now: DRUM FURY - Apocalyptic Drums - Intro Pricing
Epic cinematic percussion at its finest

Mammoth right out of the box, DRUM FURY will set your cues ablaze!

Sample Logic opens 2019 with a bang... quite literally. DRUM FURY is an extensive 11 GB collection of over 100 apocalyptic KONTAKT drum instruments.

DRUM FURY was recorded at multiple locations; from the legendary scoring stage at Skywalker studios to cavernous spaces including churches and auditoriums.

Get the all new DRUM FURY now at an introductory price of $99.99 (instead of $199.99) for a limited time only!

Learn more: https://www.samplelogic.com/products/drum-fury/

AT A GLANCE
  • 113 instruments
  • 10.64 GB Sample Content / 35,149 Samples
  • Powerful Mastering Tools via Energizer and Polisher
  • Entirely streamlined interface
  • Built for full Kontakt retail 5.8.1 or higher
  • Essential parameter controls to shift keymap range to stack multiple instruments and create custom ensembles
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac-rWXIVaE

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”