FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 pm They did the right thing and they know it. Removing side chain from Q3 to protect sales of MB
Lets once again remind people who don't know how incredibly silly you are on these forums, this is 100% entirely you speculating and making up complete nonsense. :roll:

It's not the first time you completely smear a company by inventing some kind of narrative that fits your world view. For your own sake I do hope you realize how incredibly unpleasant of a person that makes you. :pray:

So yeah..

Back on the ignore list you go.
Last edited by bmanic on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:40 pm [snip... into the trash]
Back on the ignore list you go.
You keep putting me on your ignore list and then coming back and bashing me and projecting your own drama-queen penchants on me. Am I on your ignore list of not? You seem obsessed. Put me on your ignore list and go away once and for all will you. thanks. :phones:

For reference: https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/3340/pr ... r-dynamics
Our goal was to keep Pro-Q 3 as simple and streamlined as possible: it's intended to be used as your day-to-day workhorse EQ plug-in, with some extra dynamics features thrown in the mix (so to speak). We didn't want to add too many dynamics options to avoid complicating the interface too much.

For dedicated advanced dynamics processing, we recommend to use Pro-MB where you have full control of attack, release, knee, trigger frequency range, side chain input, etc.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter) — Nov 29, 2018
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:47 pm You keep putting me on your ignore list and then coming back and bashing me and projecting your own drama-queen penchants on me. Am I on your ignore list of not? You seem obsessed. Put me on your ignore list and go away once and for all will you. thanks. :phones:
I usually give people another chance just in case they had a bad day or week that doesn't show their true character in action.. we all have those days. I guess this is just the kind of person you are, making up nonsense and drama. So yeah, it was a mistake to take you off the ignore list. Now corrected. :tu:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:47 pm You keep putting me on your ignore list and then coming back and bashing me and projecting your own drama-queen penchants on me. Am I on your ignore list of not? You seem obsessed. Put me on your ignore list and go away once and for all will you. thanks. :phones:
I usually give people another chance just in case they had a bad day or week that doesn't show their true character in action.. we all have those days. I guess this is just the kind of person you are, making up nonsense and drama. So yeah, it was a mistake to take you off the ignore list. Now corrected. :tu:
Thank god for that! :phones:

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:35 pm So it does the TrackSpacer thing without using DAW channel routing sidechain methods, right? Linking bands directly between Pro-Q 3 instances, right?
really? is this true?

nicksohn wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:03 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:35 pm So it does the TrackSpacer thing without using DAW channel routing sidechain methods, right? Linking bands directly between Pro-Q 3 instances, right?
really? is this true?
In Cubase it uses the normal side chaining method as introduced in C10 for VST3 and then lets you use this on as many bands as you wish as an input in a single instance of the plugin.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

nicksohn wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:03 am
really? is this true?
Yes, if I understand you correctly. See screenshot. Three instances each on a track. Each track shows up in the analyzer menu at the bottom with the track name. so if you change the track name, it changes in Q3. Slick. you can see the red collision bands showing possible inter-track interference. Slick! Like Neutron 2. :phones:

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.14.58 PM.jpg

Here is a close up of the analyzer menu showing side chain which also utilizes the collision detection. Collision visualization is also live in each source thumbnail. Amazing.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 8.27.08 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So can you like...

- 60hz low shelf on Pro-Q 3 (VST2) Instrument A
- 60hz low shelf on Pro-Q 3 (VST2) Instrument B
- When the low shelf on Instrument A is triggered (ie: signal goes over threshold), it moves/ducks the low shelf on Instrument B

?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 am So can you like...

- When the low shelf on Instrument A is triggered (ie: signal goes over threshold), it moves/ducks the low shelf on Instrument B

?
it has no parameter linking if you mean that. it makes sense with trackspacer since it only has internal constant parameters (if at all. i assume it's fft based). but with pro-q the amount, type & frequency of a band changes from plugin to plugin. linking would have awkward results here.

but i bet you can do it by simple sidechain & dynamic option in pro-q3.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:45 am So can you like...

?
The way you'd do this is:

- Set up both shelves the same on each instance
- Run Inst A into side-chain of instance on Inst B
- Run side-chain into shelf - it should operate the same as on Inst A

Right? :phones:

Fabfilter promo running until the beginning of the next month. Good time upgrade to Pro-Q3!

Does Pro Q 3 have vintage-style saturation, or is strictly clean/transparent?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 pm Does Pro Q 3 have vintage-style saturation, or is strictly clean/transparent?
strictly clean/transparent

It's clean when band dynamics is off - otherwise there are some unavoidable harmonics :)
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$40 upgrade (for me), a no brainer. $90, meh, I didn’t really need it at release. :tu:

Return to “Effects”