DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

It is all a matter whether or not you think the glass is half empty or half full. Perhaps the solution would be to have a scriptable UI and allow for folks to design and create custom UIs so that you would have a selection to choose from.

tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:57 am It is all a matter whether or not you think the glass is half empty or half full. Perhaps the solution would be to have a scriptable UI and allow for folks to design and create custom UIs so that you would have a selection to choose from.
it's completely skinable, same as D2 was

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:45 am If I want to do wavetable things, I have both Wave Fusion and Ultran in Orion.

Ultran is not a WT synth.

AnX wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:01 am
tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:57 am It is all a matter whether or not you think the glass is half empty or half full. Perhaps the solution would be to have a scriptable UI and allow for folks to design and create custom UIs so that you would have a selection to choose from.
So, why don't folks just create their own interfaces to suit their workflow as folks do with u-he synths? They have a whole library of them.

Or better, learn C++, DSP, VST SDK, Graphic design and Photoshop, then write your own synths :tu: Easy! Why complicating things?! How people got lazy these days jeez!!

tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 am
So, why don't folks just create their own interfaces to suit their workflow as folks do with u-he synths? They have a whole library of them.
because they dont have those skills?

Is it correct that you can only change the graphics (knobs, sliders, background etc) but you cannot rearrange or script stuff?
All Dune2 skins I have seen just change the graphics and imo the graphics in Dune3 are just fine as they are.

Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 pm
Is it correct that you can only change the graphics (knobs, sliders, background etc) but you cannot rearrange or script stuff?
All Dune2 skins I have seen just change the graphics and imo the graphics in Dune3 are just fine as they are.
you can move stuff around, everythin has x/y coordinates

some things are fixed tho, mainly sizes/type of graphic. Read the config. ini for details

AnX wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm
Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 pm
you can move stuff around, everythin has x/y coordinates

some things are fixed tho, mainly sizes/type of graphic. Read the config. ini for details
Thx.
Do you know whether it is possible to take elements out of the monitor region?

This suggest it is not possible and that these elements are always rendered inside the monitor region.

[MonitorMain]

; The coordinates in this section are relative to the monitor's top/left
; coordinates and all controls inside the monitor are clipped into its region

Is it possible to make tabs yourself? Like adding an arp tab in the bottom region?

i havent tried it, but i am currently working on some small gui mods (for personal use) so if i have time, i will try

tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 amSo, why don't folks just create their own interfaces to suit their workflow as folks do with u-he synths? They have a whole library of them.
Because it is much easier to use something else that doesn't require so much effort. And the skinning options for DUNE only allow you to do so much. e.g. If something, like the velocity settings, are in the screen, then they have to stay in the screen, you can't add separate knobs everywhere you might want to put them. Of course, you can use the mod matrix for that kind of stuff but it's extra work, which is what we'd be trying to avoid by making a new skin. For the record, I don't think you could do that with any u-he synth, either, you can just take what's already there and move it around.
Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:55 pmIs it possible to make tabs yourself? Like adding an arp tab in the bottom region?
No, you can't change anything other than the graphic images. Beyond that, all you can do is move what's there around, unless something drastic has changed in the way Rich does skins in D3.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Stefken wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:55 pmIs it possible to make tabs yourself? Like adding an arp tab in the bottom region?
No, you can't change anything other than the graphic images. Beyond that, all you can do is move what's there around, unless something drastic has changed in the way Rich does skins in D3.
Yeah, there are some possibilities but the further you go, the more it becomes a game of finding loopholes in the limitations. Pity.

Not a track really...just playing around with Dune 3 default presets and tweak here and there this time.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/d ... c-dreams-1

I'm glad there's a company like you.Thank you for combining wavetable synthesis, analog and FM in one product. All the modern wavetable synths that I've used sound very Digital, Dune sound very warm and analog. Love this

New Dune3 owner here and I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far with the quality.

Dune has a very "modern" sound to it, but it's not super sterile which is kind of what attracted me to it. I think this will play along nice sound wise with all the other stuff I use.

I made this while testing & tweaking out a few presets in my first 40 minutes of using it. All the sounds in this are 100% from Dune3. https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/dunereturns

It's also surprisingly easy to get around in. I saw on the forums here a few users complain about the GUI, but i think it's just fine and does everything you need. It's actually easy which is great as this makes sound design fast.

I still have to dive into the Wavetable section which looks pretty awesome.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”