Mulab 8

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tommyzai wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:31 pm Obviously, posters on this thread dig MuLab, but for one reason or another a few switch to another primary DAW. I'll investigate why, but in the meantime I'll start working on a project in MuLab.
You can't go far wrong with MuLab!!! Easy to learn, easy to use, MuX is deep as you want unless you want to create your own VST's! Stable, Portable, Excellent!!!

Only downside is the understandably slow-ish dev time. Not a dig at anybody ;) Just that it hinders progress a little. That said, there have been many major improvements the last few years!!!

I realize out-of-the-blue I have been posting like crazy. Please allow me introduce myself . . .

I'm Tommy Zai. I'm an ex-pro music producer originally from NY. I was in a circle of musicians dubbed "cyberpunks." I later studied in Dublin, Ireland. Moved to CA. Became a counselor/educator for "at risk" individuals using creative methods like music to reach, teach, and heal. I continued my work in China. I moved back and forth between various provinces in China and areas of the USA (Portland, Phoenix, NY, Tucson, and Prescott). Along the way I began reviewing audio gear as well as table tennis equipment and other sports gear. I have well over 100 reviews bouncing around the internet and many on KVR. My biggest gear junky quest has been to find a workflow that is easy to use, yet powerful enough and inspires . . . in and out of the classroom. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours learning, demoing, reviewing DAWs. I abandoned MuLab several years ago, and in truth I don't remember exactly why. I do know that I was in Asia and I had various internet problems, which prevented me from getting tech support. Anyway, I bounced from DAW to DAW and here I am . . . giving MuLab another go. I'm encouraged by the development, especially what's anticipated with v8. I enjoy "championing" people, products, and service. If MuLab v8 works out for me I will do my best to help spread the word and move this find DAW up the ladder! To all those who stuck with ML over the years, my hat is off to you (if I wore a hat). Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm a grateful user and proud to be a member of this community.

If anyone is curious about some of many zany music projects, please PM me. I'm also looking for help in remixing and cleaning up old tracks. ;-0

I apologize, but by importing an audio file into MuLab, is there a way to change the tempo (or speed) of the audio file itself? (time-stretcning) Thank you.

In M7 not possible, in the forthcoming M8 that's possible indeed.

Ok, thank you.

Two quick questions :
1.Will Mulab8 have new drum samples, instruments , and multisample libraries?
2. Will the Mulab8 be a free or paid upgrade for its users of mulab 7.7.4?

Jimp_music wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:52 pm Two quick questions :
Question 1 There is plenty in the MuLib
Question 2 Paid Upgrade isn't much to ask to pay Very cheap

runaudio wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:56 pm
Question 1 There is plenty in the MuLib
Question 2 Paid Upgrade isn't much to ask to pay Very cheap
Hey buddy i was kinda looking to hear from Mutools himself..

that been said there are no multisamples like piano, strings or guitar librabries on MuLib, also including the fact that some already exisitng effects need some more "upgradation" w.r.t Layouts, parameters and Value ranges.

Thats all

No big changes there in M8.0.
Yes all prices will stay the same as for MuLab 7, so also the small upgrade fee will be the same.

:D :clap: :party: :hyper: :tu:

I do not know if there is already though (or if you can do) but looking through the filters of MuLab 7 I do not see a noise removal (or denoiser). I think if there were any audio restoration plugins in M8 it's a nice idea. I thought that if you want can also to insert directly in MuSampla. A sampler with some audio restoration functions I think it would be a big hit ...

Anyone know if there's a way to assign an external audio editor that can be launched from the recorded audio track in ML?

You can in Windows. See https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/audiolab.html

"The nice thing is that (on Windows) you can setup this MuTools app so it can work together with one of these audio editors. In the main menu -> "Edit Preferences", select the "External Audio Editor" preference, and choose your favorite editor. Now you'll see that when you right-click the audio display in the Audio Lab, you get a context menu option "Edit In Audio Editor", where "Audio Editor" will be the name of your favorite audio editor. Then MuLab stops using this audio file and transfers control over the audio file to the audio editor. Now you can make any edits you want in the audio editor, and save them to the audio file. When you switch back to MuLab, MuLab will notice the changes and propose to re-open the audio file, and update the audio streams to the applied edits."
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I'm on a Mac. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for the link.

mutools wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:28 am
No big changes there in M8.0.
Yes all prices will stay the same as for M7, so also the small upgrade fee will be the same.
Thanks Mista Jo!

Return to “MUTOOLS”