[BUG] browsing plugin presets via bitwig browser causes audio engine to pause for a while

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille Diva Hive 2

I don't know exactly whether this is a bug in bitwig, but I want to put the devs in touch since I can't judge myself what's going on.

I am running bitwig 2.5 beta 7, ubuntu 18.10, bazille, diva and hive from viewtopic.php?t=519252

in their latest versions (vst3). Note that I had the same problem with the vst2 variants, but NOT with very old versions (e.g. bazille 4408).

If I browse presets via the plugin GUI, no problem at all. However if I change presets via the bitwig internal browser, and do it quick, the audio engine may pause (other tracks and even audio tracks stop playing for a second).

I've reported this bug to bitwig support, and they are also unsure whether this could be prevented in bitwig or not. But I'm also a U-HE customer so here we are :D

By specification in VST3 if a plugin requests a restart component, then depending on the flags, the plugin has to be deactivated, and activated again which will for sure cause a small audio interruption.

Now I have to check exactly what flags are sent, and if maybe we could avoid some of them to not stop the sound.

Return to “u-he Linux support”