SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I can't imagine downloading 200gb @1.7mb/second.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:08 pm I can't imagine downloading 200gb @1.7mb/second.
mine should be around 12mb/s if at full speed. however, last time i downloaded IK stuff the speed was closer to 300k per second.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Just a quick question. This download seems to be giving me only one location option for both the program and the content. I don't see a way to download the program onto my internal HD and the content to my external HD. What am I missing?
Rainguitar is a writer and musician living in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He is known by his pseudonym "T.K. Boomer" which he uses to write science fiction. Music production is a hobby.

^^^^
That's just the download location, isn't it? After that you should be able to run the installer(s) and put the program, plug-ins and sounds where you want.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Burillo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:20 pm mine should be around 12mb/s if at full speed. however, last time i downloaded IK stuff the speed was closer to 300k per second.
A single download here tends to top out around 7MB/s, and the ST4 stuff is currently coming down at that rate. I downloaded some bits from Max 3 I didn't have before earlier that was much slower - so, I'm guessing there's a CDN in place for the ST4 content (which I think was hinted at up-thread), or it took a while for the CDN node near me to kick in.

It seems I have to wait for Sample Tank 4 a little longer. Ordered the update in December (USB version) and my order status hasn't been updated yet.
Unfortunately ST 4 doesn't show up in my products. Even if I don't have the sounds yet, I'd love to play around with the new engine.

Peter, shouldn't Sample Tank 4 show up in my User area??
Last edited by Talvin on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not in my account either. If one ordered the USB version, do we not have access to the downloads?

Good morning! Been downloading for a couple of hours now (ST4 Standard). I'm seeing something weird in the Sounds Download pop-up menu. Earlier there was a "Sampletank_4_Intstruments_Installer.dmg" which I'm still downloading. That item then disappeared from the Sounds Download list and then 2 new downloads appeared: "Sampletank 4 Intstruments Part 1" and "Sampletank 4 Intstruments Part 2". Part 1 appears to be the same as the "Installer" download that disappeared, and Part 2 gives a "404 - Not Found" error. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm really getting everything downloaded this morning!

Regarding the ST4 Sound Content. I noticed that each download has a installer .exe file in the zip archive. Does that have to be run for every single component or is there a more straightforward way of installing the content of the 99 files?

abernathy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:39 pm Good morning! Been downloading for a couple of hours now (ST4 Standard). I'm seeing something weird in the Sounds Download pop-up menu. Earlier there was a "Sampletank_4_Intstruments_Installer.dmg" which I'm still downloading. That item then disappeared from the Sounds Download list and then 2 new downloads appeared: "Sampletank 4 Intstruments Part 1" and "Sampletank 4 Intstruments Part 2". Part 1 appears to be the same as the "Installer" download that disappeared, and Part 2 gives a "404 - Not Found" error. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm really getting everything downloaded this morning!
I’m getting the same problem - downloads have moved from their original places on the list and another disappeared. Hopefully I’ll get everything eventually although my download speed is excruciatingly slow.
Windows 10, 32GB RAM, Cakewalk by BandLab, Harrison Mixbus 5, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Izotope Elements Suite, Waves singles, Sampletank 4, BFD3, AAS Professional Series, XLN Drums and Keys + other VSTs.

ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4.zip is corrupt. Downloaded it twice so looks like the source file.

cleverr1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4.zip is corrupt. Downloaded it twice so looks like the source file.
Are you using Edge browser? If so, try Chrome.

I have had a similar thing happened while downloading Sonivox files recently. Somewhere along the way, I had read that Edge is not always super accurate when downloading a lot of big files.

Sorry, but what year is this? This is such a tedious and confusing installation. I really feel like ditching it all and forgetting about it. Thank god I didn't order MAX - seems like that would take weeks to install and sort out. I make my living as a computer consultant and I can't figure out where to install each package on my external drive - I'm winding up with multiple SampleTank 4 folders. I'm about to trash everything and start over, but I don't know what I did wrong! Shouldn't there be a sample install utility?

ShawnMH wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm
cleverr1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4.zip is corrupt. Downloaded it twice so looks like the source file.
Are you using Edge browser? If so, try Chrome.

I have had a similar thing happened while downloading Sonivox files recently. Somewhere along the way, I had read that Edge is not always super accurate when downloading a lot of big files.
Yes - I had all 99 files downloading with Edge. I noticed the same issue with ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.zip. According to 7 Zip the issue affects just 1 sample in each archive.

All you downloaders, any of you purchase the USB version?

Return to “Instruments”